MP's starting the New Year?

old man

Compared to many other parts of the world our MPs pay is what some would consider low.

I'd like to see much more scrutiny over expenses, what they do and far more accountability to their constituents.

However, of people properly took interest in engaging with their MP, held them to account and voted them out collectively when they took the P maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

How many people turn up and tick a box just because the person is from Labour? Or the conservatives? Or even UKIP now?

Something else I have for a long time thought should happen is that the number of MP's should be reduced by a half leaving about 300 and apply the same to the House of Lords.

Should the House of Lords become an elected body like the Commons instead, as in many cases, jobs for boys ? I believe they only have to turn up to get paid !

Doesn't one of the USA government houses only have 100 representatives ?

Vic.

Do you understand what expenses are? If I travel with work, I can claim it on expenses. Why should MPs be different?

Moats and second mortgages on the other hand...

Travel doesn't even scratch the surface though of what they can get, it's ridiculous what they can earn from a job needing no experience or qualifications.

Erm... why aren't you doing it, then?

Some people have a conscience, integrity and decency and wouldn't be prepared to do as they are told and vote the way they are instructed by their masters even when they feel its wrong! Whilst at all times kissing their leaders backsides to get further up the greasy pole!

To survive in politics whilst continuing to feed from the trough........this is what they do.........party politicians! In my opinion they are a gang of self serving, morally corrupt shysters the lot of em!