Unlucky Fox!

shalfordninja33

I've actually seen a picture of the fox still in the lake, il try and find where I got it from. Certainly didn't look fake though

Why hate a species, I don't understand how anyone can hate wildlife.

I agree, perhaps hate was a poor choice of word! What I mean is I really dislike the species! While it may look cute in pictures! To sheep or poultry farmers, they are a menace. To see what they do to lamb and birthing ewes is appalling!

As for hating wildlife! I admit there are certain species I do not see with rose tinted spectacles, but I do know they have a place in the greater order of things! If I were to hate wildlife, I would not be trying to create a habitat for them. On the contrary, I do enjoy seeing wildlife as exactly that (wild) most recently the pair of roe deer Chris and I saw walk In front of the car a few month back! The tree creeper whilst walking the dog. I am under no illusion, I understand nature has it's own laws. But that does not stop me thinking that the crafty Wiley fox is a pain in the proverbial. And as such "and I am sorry if I offend people" I simply do not like Mr Fox. Having worked as a farm hand and seeing the carnage first hand, I have a dislike of what the fox can do! If I were out shooting and the fox were to present a clear shot! I would not hesitate to take it. But no matter WHAT I thought, I would not want it to suffer in any prolonged form of death :no: some may see that as pure contradiction! But no matter what the animal, or how I thought. I would still prefer a swift humane death.

I agree, perhaps hate was a poor choice of word! What I mean is I really dislike the species! While it may look cute in pictures! To sheep or poultry farmers, they are a menace. To see what they do to lamb and birthing ewes is appalling!

As for hating wildlife! I admit there are certain species I do not see with rose tinted spectacles, but I do know they have a place in the greater order of things! If I were to hate wildlife, I would not be trying to create a habitat for them. On the contrary, I do enjoy seeing wildlife as exactly that (wild) most recently the pair of roe deer Chris and I saw walk In front of the car a few month back! The tree creeper whilst walking the dog. I am under no illusion, I understand nature has it's own laws. But that does not stop me thinking that the crafty Wiley fox is a pain in the proverbial. And as such "and I am sorry if I offend people" I simply do not like Mr Fox. Having worked as a farm hand and seeing the carnage first hand, I have a dislike of what the fox can do! If I were out shooting and the fox were to present a clear shot! I would not hesitate to take it. But no matter WHAT I thought, I would not want it to suffer in any prolonged form of death :no: some may see that as pure contradiction! But no matter what the animal, or how I thought. I would still prefer a swift humane death.

Do you hate humans to, as we are the most destructive animal an the planet. I don't understand the almost obsessive hate some hold towards foxes, they need controlling yes, but they are a part of UK wildlife and one which I like to see, I wouldn't want to see them exterminated as some i speak to would wish. I have a family member who is the head keeper on a shoot, last year he had a couple of foxes that had been seen and the guns started taking the micky as he hadn't shot them, the reason being that they were not bothering his pheasants and he told me if he shot them he'd probably get foxes move in to the territory that would, some of the guns were almost obsessive talking as if charlie was deliberately taking the micky out of him. I just don't understand the mindset (I'm not having a go by the way, just trying to understand the mindset)

Do you hate humans to, as we are the most destructive animal an the planet. I don't understand the almost obsessive hate some hold towards foxes, they need controlling yes, but they are a part of UK wildlife and one which I like to see, I wouldn't want to see them exterminated as some i speak to would wish. I have a family member who is the head keeper on a shoot, last year he had a couple of foxes that had been seen and the guns started taking the micky as he hadn't shot them, the reason being that they were not bothering his pheasants and he told me if he shot them he'd probably get foxes move in to the territory that would, some of the guns were almost obsessive talking as if charlie was deliberately taking the micky out of him. I just don't understand the mindset (I'm not having a go by the way, just trying to understand the mindset)

Your question re humans I find interesting! But to answer such a question! Yes! Certain humans I do believe should be removed from society! Rapists, Peadophiles, murderers etc. but that means to differentiate between certain humans, and not the entire species!

This is where a lot of these type of conversations are best held face to face! As a lot is lost in translation. Chats held over a coffee, with room for explanation is often the best form of communication. As in text form, there is a lot of misunderstanding.

Your question re humans I find interesting! But to answer such a question! Yes! Certain humans I do believe should be removed from society! Rapists, Peadophiles, murderers etc. but that means to differentiate between certain humans, and not the entire species!

This is where a lot of these type of conversations are best held face to face! As a lot is lost in translation. Chats held over a coffee, with room for explanation is often the best form of communication. As in text form, there is a lot of misunderstanding.

Yes I agree, I'm not the best at articulating myself in text/print at the best of times and I do all my pigeon watch typing via my phone which doesn't help, again certainly not having a pop just a genuine interest and maybe a chat for another day (I hadn't read your reply to someone else before posting mine, which goes some way to explain your thinking anyway).

Yes I agree, I'm not the best at articulating myself in text/print at the best of times and I do all my pigeon watch typing via my phone which doesn't help, again certainly not having a pop just a genuine interest and maybe a chat for another day (I hadn't read your reply to someone else before posting mine, which goes some way to explain your thinking anyway).

I don't think even Freud could explain my way of thinking :lol:

I have always found it difficult to understand how anyone can hate any animal. They all do what nature intended. nothing more, nothing less.

I think it's important to remember that mankind has upset the balance in nature. The fox should in no way be an apex predator. The fact that it is and now runs unchecked, is down to mankind wiping out the predators that would have kept them in check. The fact that we don't want the kind of predators that would eat a fox in the wild on our overcrowded island doesn't really alter the truth.

I have always found it difficult to understand how anyone can hate any animal. They all do what nature intended. nothing more, nothing less.

I think it's important to remember that mankind has upset the balance in nature. The fox should in no way be an apex predator. The fact that it is and now runs unchecked, is down to mankind wiping out the predators that would have kept them in check. The fact that we don't want the kind of predators that would eat a fox in the wild on our overcrowded island doesn't really alter the truth.

+1 Also worth noting is a group of caged chickens would not be found in nature if it weren't for man, so when people say it's a killing machine ect why does it kill everything instead of just taking what it needs, they kill for fun, it's worth remembering which species is truly responsible for upsetting the balance, that said I wouldn't hesitate in removing a fox or foxes that need shooting.

I am a sheep farmer.

I have no hesitation in culling a problem fox but, for me, it would be a sad day when I couldn't go out round the farm and enjoy seeing a fox mooching around.

However, as you say in another post, it's one of those subjects we would enjoy discussing far more over a cup of coffee.