Speaker usurping his position?

Fisheruk

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that the people who are against Donald Trump seem to be to be much more nastier that he is and much more violent I see people on television claiming to be on the side of good yet they are full venom it makes me cringe to see how seemingly nice people can change into an angry mob that worries me fare more than anything that Mr Trump may say.

Try doing a search for the list of countries on the 'ban'

Pick one ,and do a search on whether or not it has attacked the US or its citizens.

And Ill give you a start here, USS Cole in Yemen, sponsored by Sudan.

Pan Am flight over Lockerbie,sponsored by Libya ,just to get you going.

The US sees attacks on its citizens wherever they may be, as a direct attack on the US itself,right or wrong ,that is a fact.

Their government is duty bound to protect those citizens,and has done, under all its various presidents,left or right.

Any US government that fails to cover this is doomed.

You dont have to like it,and its really nothing to do with us,so if you want to follow the bleeding heart guardianist line ,fill ya boots.

I dont necessarily support the ban,I dont particularly like Trump,but Im sick of people bitching about things they know nothing about ,because leftist ideology tells them to.

Maybe you don't or can't read when I said "on US Soil". Got any actual examples?

The issue has been avoided as Trump's visit is scheduled to take place during the summer recess so Parliament won't be sitting.

As for trying to claim 9/11 must have been an inside job as 55% of Americans believe it, perhaps you should try readjusting you tinfoil hat!

Back on topic, I would say that Bercow certainly overstepped the mark and went way above his pay grade with his comments to the house.

Of course there's nothing wrong with holding the views he does, but using his position to push those views, when he must be seen to be impartial makes his position untenable. His job is to be, amongst other things, a referee in debates in the house. To do this he must be seen to be impartial and trustworthy whilst chairing debates. Once those two tenets are compromised the speaker will lose trust and support.

Here he is publicly expressing his opinions at Reading University a few days ago, watch it and ask yourself if he could be genuinely impartial in any debate around Brexit or Trump?

More trouble for the silly little man who fails to understand the word "impartiallity"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/11/john-bercow-new-brexit-furore-neutrality-admitting-voted-remain/

The Speaker of the House of Commons has become involved in a fresh row about political bias after he admitted voting to stay in the European Union and said immigration into Britain was a good thing.

John Bercow is already facing a vote of no confidence from MPs next week after he angered the Government by vetoing the idea of an address by President Donald Trump to both Houses of Parliament during his state visit later this year.

Now it has emerged Mr Bercow told a group of students he voted Remain at last year’s EU referendum, adding he hoped EU rules on parental leave, working time regulations and equality laws would continue after Brexit.

Maybe you don't or can't read when I said "on US Soil". Got any actual examples?

Try doing a search for the list of countries on the 'ban'

Pick one ,and do a search on whether or not it has attacked the US or its citizens.

And Ill give you a start here, USS Cole in Yemen, sponsored by Sudan.

Pan Am flight over Lockerbie,sponsored by Libya ,just to get you going.

The US sees attacks on its citizens wherever they may be, as a direct attack on the US itself,right or wrong ,that is a fact.

Their government is duty bound to protect those citizens,and has done, under all its various presidents,left or right.

Any US government that fails to cover this is doomed.

You dont have to like it,and its really nothing to do with us,so if you want to follow the bleeding heart guardianist line ,fill ya boots.

I dont necessarily support the ban,I dont particularly like Trump,but Im sick of people bitching about things they know nothing about ,because leftist ideology tells them to.

You could say Benghazi was an attack on US soil if you like ,as it was an embassy.

Or San Bernadino or Orlando (IS claimed/orchestrated/influenced)

Does it matter ?

If someone kills 30 Brits on a Tunisian beach ,why should travel to that country be suspended,think about it.

How do you know there isnt a known terrorist attacked planned from those countries on the list ,and this is a measure to curtail it ?

You dont, Let Trump do what he wants,if he messes up ,hes gone, so stop listening to media BS.

I understand that the BAFTA awards are to be littered with anti-Trump speeches. These idiots are the same as Bercow. Whilst they might hold a genuine view on Trump, why should they inflict it on us? Bercow might believe some of the drivel that pours from his mouth, but he does not have the right to foist his views on others.

Get rid of him and his slapper wife. Take a few show-business luvvies as well.