Lithium ion lamping batteries

Evil Elvis

What for ???

Although I don't lamp anymore the led torches that are about these days have virtually made the cluson and light force type lamps the tools of yesteryear. A led scope mounted lamp with a couple of spare 18650 battery's will see you through a nights lamping.

What for ???

Although I don't lamp anymore the led torches that are about these days have virtually made the cluson and light force type lamps the tools of yesteryear. A led scope mounted lamp with a couple of spare 18650 battery's will see you through a nights lamping.

+1

The world of lamping, has changed.

What for ???

have to agree but i do have a tracer one if anyone wants to buy it :lol: a great improvement on when i use to have to carry a car, battery for my dad :no: that was character building apparently. a jacket full of acid burns stinking of rabbits p**s

Ok then what are people using instead, I am using an led on my .22lr, but rarely use it unless shooting out of landy.but still have lamps on my .17hmr and .22 and 25.06 170s on the centres and a 140 on the .17hmr

so what would you recommend I look at? Blimey i havent even been out of it just carried on using what I have on my own didn't realise technology had left me behind!!!

I also use an led to spot the eyes

Edited by Evil Elvis

The new £50 lamps with lithium and cree chips are good for 3 hrs and super bright as light as a mars bar. All that old separate battery stuff is a thing of the past. That's just a hand held.

There are endless options for mounting and you don't need to pay for fancy names of the past its all from China.

Ok then what are people using instead, I am using an led on my .22lr, but rarely use it unless shooting out of landy.but still have lamps on my .17hmr and .22 and 25.06 170s on the centres and a 140 on the .17hmr

so what would you recommend I look at? Blimey i havent even been out of it just carried on using what I have on my own didn't realise technology had left me behind!!!

I also use an led to spot the eyes

any from here https://www.ludicrous-lumens.co.uk/collections/tr-series-lamps-ir-illuminators-tr38-tr75

+1 great company to work with, and the products are a bargain compared to the likes of the NightMaster...

I have 2 T20's - 1 red and 1 white, use them both on the .22lr and .17HMR

Plenty of light, and range

Using a T20 on my .243 and have a T67 single cell for spotting now,my Deben 170 lives in its box and my Clusion spotter lives in the car T series torches all can use the same battery with the sleeves so a couple of 18650,s in the pocket jobs a good one all source from old laptop batteries and give a good life atb

ok from?

Nitecore

Nitecore Digicharger D4 EU £38

Not cheap but you get what you pay for & you won't burn the house down,the same goes for batteries from £9 upwards.I think I used to pay £11 for the Torchy boys. I only used the cheap batteries once.No good when your out all night in the winter.Remember if your lights die,then it's game over.

Edited by Davyo

Nitecore

Nitecore Digicharger D4 EU £38

Not cheap but you get what you pay for & you won't burn the house down,the same goes for batteries from £9 upwards.I think I used to pay £11 for the Torchy boys. I only used the cheap batteries once.No good when your out all night in the winter.Remember if your lights die,then it's game over.

I got the d4 for £25 delivered, great bit off kit.Torch is here, seems a little heavy to put on your scope!! serious bit of kit, now all I need is a day off or night lol to try it\!