Who no longer uses a landline

Davyo

No phone line either. My phone goes through my internet is similar to jloc in this thread as it comes again via a rural wireless solution. Did not manage to keep our original number so was given one by the VOIP provider

and it is a strange number and as a bonus i do not get any calls from people trying to sell you stuff you don't need.

I have gone the other way and chucked my mobile away. They are always ringing when you want silence and a trip on the marsh is never as enjoyable when you have it at the back of your mind that it could ring at any moment. I hate the dam things. They cost far too much to run as well. My daughter bought me a new one for christmas and its still in the draw and there it will stay. I would rather not have a phone of any sort , but as I have to have a land line for the internet I do have a land phone. But I ignore it most of the time unless I am expecting a call.

Edited by anser2

Got this mobile phone deal a year ago..

Unlimited UK Calls

Unlimited UK txt

8.0GB of data

Unlimited Roaming Calls

Unlimited Roaming txt

2.0 GB of Roaming Data

£10.20 per month on a 2 year renewable contract, with 3 months FREE. The service has been fantastic. No real need for a landline. Probably better deals out there now as this was a year ago, but I'm more than happy with the package.

Had a landline since I got married in 1971.

Don't own a mobile as we have no signal here.

As a matter of principle, I won't phone mobile numbers as it costs far too much. If people wish to save themselves money by not having a landline but expect me to pay exorbitant call charges to save them money then they don't hear from me.

Rant over.

As a matter of principle, I won't phone mobile numbers as it costs far too much. If people wish to save themselves money by not having a landline but expect me to pay exorbitant call charges to save them money then they don't hear from me.

Rant over.

It's your landline provider who is charging the exorbitant fees. Maybe it's them that you should be ranting at.

Rant over :P

Rant over.

Think you need to check your bill. Many providers and tarrifs don't make any distinction between them. If the one you use does look elsewhare and change as you will most likely be payimg over the odds anyway. Edited by Paul1440