Time for a new pair of shoes

Guest stevo

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevo

crikey, aint they a lot of dough, I have a mental limit of about 60 quid for shoes, I shop around, I know these are a bit more than just shoes, but 230 quid. :no:

Yes there are a fair bit of money. I like to think of them at £115.00 each it sounds better 😜

My last pair were 15 yrs old. So it's only £15 a year. Good value to me.

And I know this sounds snobby but to me there really is something about getting a pair of hand made shoes that turn up in a box with the royal ....... by appointment for HM the queen

And when you open the box two white doves fly out to reveal your shoes wrapped in there own custom velvet bag and a little book signd buy the chap that spent 75 hrs making your shoes under candlelight.

Love it

Edited by stevo

Cheaney's are my favourite and when things starts getting a bit worn out send them back for a full refurbishment for a reasonable £70. Or at least it was that price when I last had it done.

Reshaped on the last they were made on, leather liners replaced, new sole and all the other necessary bits and pieces and they come back looking as good as new.

I have a couple of pairs that are getting on for 15 years old now and both refurbished once.

Church shoes are probably the very best I think, but can be seriously pricey.

Won't be to everyone's liking, but Barker make a commando soled brogue, the "Gleneagles".

They don't seem to be widely stocked, and could be end of line, but I bought a pair from these guys at the start of last season:

https://www.grahamsonline.co.uk/product/gleneagles-brogue

I find the commando sole is that bit more practical for shooting than their regular leather soled alternative (that I wear around town).

Guest stevo

Just been reading in the book that came with them. Loake are offering a repair and sevice facility where you can send them back and there shoe makers will re sole the shoes on the original lasts on which they where made. It also includes a full refurbishing treatment and is normally completed within 21 days

Can't be bad.

Mind you I have a pair of Dc Marteens, the "lifetime" ones; and when they are worn, you send them over, and they send you a pair of *new ones* -- cost of postage that's it, £20. Did that last year with a pair of black one I use for stomping around, can't beat it! New shoes...

Just been reading in the book that came with them. Loake are offering a repair and sevice facility where you can send them back and there shoe makers will re sole the shoes on the original lasts on which they where made. It also includes a full refurbishing treatment and is normally completed within 21 days

Can't be bad.

I think all the good brands do this, another reason for buying British or in this case English.

No matter what the Italians might say Northamptonshire is the home of the best shoes in the world.

Guest stevo

Interesting thread gents. I am after a tan brogue for my wedding in July, £200 limit. Suggestions please.

I know you said £200 limit but if you can go another £40 I would have to say the loake " Chester " same as the ones I bought. The fit and feel of the shoes are truly superb. And they look like they should do for the money.

Thanks Stevo.

To partner this suit.

https://jennisandwarmann.uk/product/british-classic-grey-herringbone-plaid-tweed-suit/

Quite like these.

https://www.loake.co.uk/ashby.html

I know you said £200 limit but if you can go another £40 I would have to say the loake " Chester " same as the ones I bought. The fit and feel of the shoes are truly superb. And they look like they should do for the money.

Edited by Penelope

Congratulations and good luck.

Just do it. The good quality stick on sole is a good tip though and might just keep you on your feet on the dance floor after several sherbets.

Interesting thread gents. I am after a tan brogue for my wedding in July, £200 limit. Suggestions please.

I have a pair of Edward brogues. I really recommend them. I prefer toe victory sole to the studded dainite sole.

Edward

https://cwmenswear.co.uk/products/loake-edward-premium-country-brogue

Chester (as mentioned above)

https://cwmenswear.co.uk/products/loake-chester-brogue-shoe-rubber-sole

I personally only wear rubber soled shoes. I can't stand leather soles.

Edited by BrowningB525