Nissan x trail

washerboy

Turbo diesels are best driven quite competitively because of variable vane actions becoming tight with recirculated gunge, if driving like a grandma they are likely to get bunged up very quickly. As said above they are not well suited to toodling around a field or parking up with the engine running to keep warm or to avoid the noise when re-starting.

I've had 3, good as gold. What I would say, though, is if that 5,000 is made up mainly of local short trip running then be careful if you get diesel. I'm sorted now, but it does mean wasting fuel with a fastish trip up the motorway every ten days to stop the particulate filter clogging up/warning light on. Don't even think of crawling around the fields after rabbit at night. I get away with it as having shot the same farms for years, I know where the hot spots are and heave to and shoot from the huge sun roof - it makes a damned good mobile semi-high seat.

hello, thanks i was thinking a petrol Xtrail, yes most short trips to farm and fishing, i did a long run (to me) to hertfordshire and got lost coming back :rolleyes: is there a 1600 petrol model?

My cousin has an outlander, the electric gizmo one and he has had expensive problems with it. One involving getting stuck on the M62 just after xmas when a charging unit blow and he was stranded until the rac came out after a 3 hour wait and a 125 mile journey home in a tow truck

My cousin has an outlander, the electric gizmo one and he has had expensive problems with it. One involving getting stuck on the M62 just after xmas when a charging unit blow and he was stranded until the rac came out after a 3 hour wait and a 125 mile journey home in a tow truck

I looked at one before the x trail.

A few guys who come into work who work the council have them. They say it's free driving from the council HQ as they have charging points short distances. Once the engine kicks in, it drinks the juice. One of the fellas said the difference between manufacturer MPG and real life is a mile apart.

Not many 60 year old Jap 4X4's going around or even ONE worth more than the original purchase price but then again i'm biased!

Go on then, I'll bite...

My Xtrail is a dream to drive on the road. Will carry 5 adults and all their luggage in comfort all day and all night from 70+ mph on the motorway to crawling around a field. It has all the electronic toys and they all work. Returns high 30s mpg when driven progressively, and has yet to get stuck. It's almost 10 years old, cost me less than 5 grand.

For the cost of this car I couldn't have bought an awful landy, let alone a half decent one.

For me, value for money is not spending 10 grand on a 20 year old vehicle which is slow, noisy, cramped, drinks fuel like there's no tomorrow, etc, etc. I quite like landrovers, but it really baffles me why people are willing to pay so much for them!

Well that's a long term test.... What about all the pickups snapping in two and turbos and cranks made of cheese?

I saw a Nissan pickup with holes the size of rugby balls along the sides of the tub.. Poor quality steel.

Edited by Red-dot