Carnt wait to get one

Harnser

Nokia 3310 phone . The smart phone that I have is a real pain to use . I have to slide the dam thing to answer a call and when I want to make a call I am always dialling a wrong number in my contacts . This thing is driving me mad . I know ,I know I am an old man who hates all the hi TEC stuff and it is proberbly my fault that I am unable to use it . When I get my new phone Mrs Harnser and me are going to take it in turns whacking it on top of the vice with a lump hammer .i then intend to set it up on a gate post and hit it with a couple barrels of 30 gram no 6s . I'll show it who's boss .

Harnser

A classic of design, I had one for years. Absolutely bombproof.

Won't be swapping my phone for this new one though.

Reviews are pretty good but it's not without it's problems.

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/804022/Nokia-3310-UK-release-date-should-buy-phone-should-not

The cons don't really bother ,all I want is a push button phone

Harnser

I fully understand, I 'upgraded' from a Blackberry to one of these ansy fancy swipe type touch phones and it drives me mad because it keeps wanting to do things for me or reverts to the start without warning etc etc etc etc. It does take good photos though which is why I supposedly 'upgraded'. My hands are big enough to eat your dinner off and my fingers after over 70yrs of abused are an art form. These insy winsy touch phones are not designed for such. :no::/:sad1:

Edited by Walker570

Try Doro, I'm biased as i work for them! :)

I have got one of them the flip top one when I get a mobile phone that is what I want something that I can make a phone call or send a text if I want to take a photo of something I will use my camera if I want to look on the internet I will use something with a screen big enough for me to see it.

ok if I was young I would want to have a smart phone like the others but why pay £500 for a phone when you can get a Doro for about £60 that will do all that I need and the buttons are big enough to use it without having to put on my specks.

If you have not seen one have a look here https://www.doro.co.uk/doro-6030.html

Edited by four-wheel-drive

Couldn't go back to a basic phone out of choice with the amount of texting and typing I do on my phone 6plus. Big enough for my fingers most of the time and screen is big enough to read.

The battery and simplicity of a basic phone is great if you only make calls or for emergency use.

I have got one of them the flip top one when I get a mobile phone that is what I want something that I can make a phone call or send a text if I want to take a photo of something I will use my camera if I want to look on the internet I will use something with a screen big enough for me to see it.

ok if I was young I would want to have a smart phone like the others but why pay £500 for a phone when you can get a Doro for about £60 that will do all that I need and the buttons are big enough to use it without having to put on my specks.

If you have not seen one have a look here https://www.doro.co.uk/doro-6030.html

Thanks FWD :good: and just to be clear, i did not pay FWD a penny :lol:

funnily enough myself and my mrs have ordered new 3310's to escape this smart phone nonsense !

my samsung will recieve a 7.62x39 and shes decided hers will take a .303 for its smugness to all those that dont understand technology :good:

Edited by 69chris

funnily enough myself and my mrs have ordered new 3310's to escape this smart phone nonsense !

my samsung will recieve a 7.62x39 and shes decided hers will take a .303 for its smugness to all those that dont understand technology :good:

Perhaps we should have a shoot that phone day . Should be fun.

Harnser

ive still got a 3310 in the drawer somewhere from years ago, I bet if I dug it out the battery would still have about 50% charge.

+1

I keep an old 6310i in the govebox just in case , it only loses 1 bar of battery charge every 6 months