Anthony Joshua v Tyson Fury

LoneGunman

Whilst there is no confirmation of such a bout (the monies suggested would indicate otherwise), I wonder about the outcome.

As TF suggested, he toyed with Kilitchco who took AJ to hell and back (true).

Haven't boxed for many years now, but watching tapes of both fighters I'm not sure AJ could penetrate TFs defence. However, if he is able to unload by round 2', TKO by 4.

Any thoughts?

IF Fury has a clear result on the drug test hanging over him and gets his licence back, and IF he can get into shape and IF the powers that be consider a disgraced ex-champ is worthy of a title shot without having to trawl through the lower ranks like anyone else would, I think he would be very awkward for AJ. If he wants to turn it into another 12 rounds of reversing and keeping his opponent at arm's length like he did Klitschko, then he could possibly win on points. He definitely doesn't have enough power to put AJ away, and AJ probably doesn't have the ringcraft to get near him.

AJ would knock him out early on, or it would be another 12 rounds of tedium like the Klitschko fight. Hopefully option A:

With a bit of luck AJ and Klitschko will have a rematch before then.

IF Fury has a clear result on the drug test hanging over him and gets his licence back, and IF he can get into shape and IF the powers that be consider a disgraced ex-champ is worthy of a title shot without having to trawl through the lower ranks like anyone else would, I think he would be very awkward for AJ. If he wants to turn it into another 12 rounds of reversing and keeping his opponent at arm's length like he did Klitschko, then he could possibly win on points. He definitely doesn't have enough power to put AJ away, and AJ probably doesn't have the ringcraft to get near him.

AJ would knock him out early on, or it would be another 12 rounds of tedium like the Klitschko fight. Hopefully option A:

Really?? i thought that was an awesome fight

IF Fury has a clear result on the drug test hanging over him and gets his licence back, and IF he can get into shape and IF the powers that be consider a disgraced ex-champ is worthy of a title shot without having to trawl through the lower ranks like anyone else would,

Exactly, why should he just walk back in to fight at the top.

Pretty much this really.

Hes a fat midden of a mess the now but in shape has the skills to make it a long night for AJ.

I hope fury does get back in shape, if they make him have a few other fights beforehand that will probably help him, get the ring rust off, TF is loud and annoying but he backs up his mouth.

Bring it on I say

He doesn't really back his mouth up does he? He beat Klitschko admittedly, but did everything in his power to avoid a rematch. Twisted ankle, mental problems etc etc which seemed to go away once he knew he didn't have to fight again.

And to the guy above who asked if i thought Fury/Klitschko was tedious, the answer is yes. It was awful. (IMO)

25 wins 18 ko's 0 loses, he talks garbage but for me backs it up. Haye didn't want to fight him ducked twice.

I am surprised he didn't want the rematch tho, if he had beaten klitschko twice it would have made him a legend

25 wins 18 ko's 0 loses, he talks garbage but for me backs it up. Haye didn't want to fight him ducked twice.

I am surprised he didn't want the rematch tho, if he had beaten klitschko twice it would have made him a legend

Don't forget 24 of the 25 were bums. :yes:

I think he realised the difference when he fought a world class fighter and wasn't keen to chance his arm again, hence the nonsense. He likes to tell everyone he was undefeated champ, but how could he be defeated if he wouldn't fight?

It is a big ask for Fury to get his licence back and even bigger for him to get in shape. I have grave reservations as to whether he could stick to a tough training regime and fear he could go off the rails again.

No great fan of his, but I thought he would beat Wlad and he did.

I think Joshua would catch up with him at some point and put him away.

Edited by Gordon R

I think its a very interesting match up. Fury has the nous to stick to a gamelan as he did v klitchko and has the longer reach which could stifle AJ. AJ has more power and going the 12 last time out will give him the experience he needs. Having said that if fury has tested positive he cant keep fit at the best of times so could easily fall off the wagon again.

I was not impressed by Anthony Joshua in his fight with Kilitchco he scraped trough fighting a man near twice his age, it was his youth that made the difference in the fight. Could an in shape Fury beat him yes.

I tend to agree with this. To be honest I didn't even watch the fight live but did hear the later rounds on the radio in the car. I had little interest in this fight but would have predicted an Early KO for AJ.

I'm sure it would have been a very exciting fight to watch live and it definitely didn't pan out the way I thought it would.

Age was always going T be factor in this fight and I agree with the above. Youth got him through it IMO despite Wlad boxed better than expected and really should have been all over him the next few rds instead of coasting and letting AJ catch his wind.

I did read the thread post fight on here and seen a post mentioning that AJ answered some Questions.

! I disagree and would more so say he is still questionable to both both his stamina and ability to take a good shot. To answer the OP's question about Fury. I couldn't honestly say if An in shape Fury could beat him or not but I would fancy D.Wilder 'Although Wild being very apt' or any other Big puncher that happens to come along to be able to put him away.

I spoke to my mate at the weekend likes his boxing, gets a lot of pay per fights, he said it was an exciting fight, but when Aj put Wlad down he then gassed trying to finish the fight, then pretty much ran for a few rounds while he recovered from being knocked down until he got the knock out.

So youth got him there, he is obviously going to be wiser for it, but I think an in shape fury would have stopped him, wether he can get back in shape is another thing?