Sudden death....

TaxiDriver

Had a bit of a shocker this evening,

Next door neighbours grand daughter knocked on the door and asked if she could have Nans' spare key,

She'd come round to check on Nan as she hadn't answered the phone all day.

Gave her the key and went to the front door and waited whilst she let herself in, Dog was in and went mad barking, all of a sudden there's shrieking and crying, She'd gone through the house and found Nan doing the final sleep in or on her bed :(

So this evening the Ambo's have been there, the Police, Undertakers,The daughter and Her partner, two other Grand daughters and their respective partners, all I could do was make tea/coffee for those who wanted.

Gotta try and capture the cat now over the next few days.

It's never a nice thing finding someone dead. I hope that girl can get some help and support in the coming weeks and months. Sounds like you have been around to help which will really be appreciated. The only good thing to take from it is that her final moments sound peaceful if died in bed. It's the way most of us would like to go.

Very unpleasant experience for the granddaughter not very nice thing to happen to her

Strongly recommend that someone makes some sort of counciling arrangements available for her

And sudden death is a terrible shock to all the family and friends

I'm sure they appreciate your help

Your a good neighbor

All the best

Of

Been to far too many. When we had police actually on the streets, this young lady may not have had to have that shock or experience. It was normal in those circumstances to call your LOCAL police station and an officer would nip round and check the place first. At least this time it was a 'normal' death. I have been to a few where it was suicide and also where young family members have returned home from school and found such.

Good to know that good neighbours still exist. No doubt a bit of a shock for you as well. Well done.

Apparently Joan was very blue :(

Managed to shoot secure the cat in the conservatory so that's one less small worry.

Worst Sudden Death I ever attended was a woman who'd been sat in her chair in front of the gas fire for 4 days and had legs like corned beef, back in those days I was slim enough AND light enough to dangled head first through a ground floor fanlight.

TT, speechless.

TD, I'm glad someone came around so soon despite what they found.

My mother in laws neighbour was a strange one, kept himself to himself and worked away, had a serious drink problem. It was 8 weeks during summer before anyone went into his house looking for him.

Whilst out walking many years ago i found a man who lived near me collapsed on the floor, this was in the country side before the arrival of mobile phones. I put him in the recovery position and ran to the nearest phone which incidentally was at my house about a mile away, the man survived his heart attack and he went from being someone i said hello to in passing to a sort of friend. About 8 years later, on boxing day i was walking the dogs with my brother and we found the very same man about 100 mtrs from the place i had found him in before, he was dead, another heart attack at 76. I called the police this time from my mobile, once they were happy with the situation we were on our way, half way home we came across his family searching for him, they asked if we had seen him so i told them, one of the hardest things i've ever had to do! An unusual link/friendship formed with his wife until she passed 4 years later.

Strange thing finding someone your not close to or related to dead

I had some painters come back to the office,they explained that the male customer was dead in bed and his wife said carry on just throw a dust sheet over him,so they did !

Well, given how difficult it can be to get trades people to turn up when they say I don't suppose she wanted to lose them.