F1.

Red-dot

Yes, I do remember those, but I've never seen such a blatantly obvious display of anger behind the wheel as Vettels.

All the previous incidents mentioned were un-sporting (and I include Hamilton in this) but I have never seen such a blatantly bad tempered display of unprofessionalism which is I guess the point.

I don't understand all the Hamilton bashing here. I'm not his biggest fan, as I think he's a bit of an over-paid prima-donna but he is arguably one of the most talented drivers in F1 at the minute, along with the unfortunate Alonso, Vettel and more precocious talent of Verstappen. There's not a lot to chose between any at the top, but one thing I cannot abide is outward unprofessional displays of bad temper. I don't mind and even understand high octane emotion in adrenaline fuelled sports. I'll say it again, Vettel is a bad tempered, green eyed, unprofessional tw*t who should have been disqualified. He's renowned for his potty-mouthed rants when things aren't going his way and to take things out on the lead driver the way that he did ought to have black flagged him. We're not talking about anyone else, just him. It's not about tit-for-tat, it's about that particular race. Every race has to be judged on its merits and that one left a bad taste in the mouth of anyone who likes to see fair play. It could be someone else next time, but this time, it was 100% Vettel.

Yes that is what should have happened.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I do remember those, but I've never seen such a blatantly obvious display of anger behind the wheel as Vettels.

All the previous incidents mentioned were un-sporting (and I include Hamilton in this) but I have never seen such a blatantly bad tempered display of unprofessionalism which is I guess the point.

I don't understand all the Hamilton bashing here. I'm not his biggest fan, as I think he's a bit of an over-paid prima-donna but he is arguably one of the most talented drivers in F1 at the minute, along with the unfortunate Alonso, Vettel and more precocious talent of Verstappen. There's not a lot to chose between any at the top, but one thing I cannot abide is outward unprofessional displays of bad temper. I don't mind and even understand high octane emotion in adrenaline fuelled sports. I'll say it again, Vettel is a bad tempered, green eyed, unprofessional tw*t who should have been disqualified. He's renowned for his potty-mouthed rants when things aren't going his way and to take things out on the lead driver the way that he did ought to have black flagged him. We're not talking about anyone else, just him. It's not about tit-for-tat, it's about that particular race. Every race has to be judged on its merits and that one left a bad taste in the mouth of anyone who likes to see fair play. It could be someone else next time, but this time, it was 100% Vettel.

:good:

Correct, particularly the whole of the highlighted part, I think we can safely include Riccardo in there too.

Hamilton isn't alway innocent but in this case I can't see how any sensible person can't see that he was. Haters will always hate is suppose.

As the lead car under the SC he has a duty to SAFELY keep a certain pace behind SC and not over duely back up the pack.

Hamilton almost got caught out under the first SC and only just crossed the line in time.

Although he technically did nothing wrong, by not accelerating - thus not progressing away from the corner, it could be questioned how safely he led the pack.

To slow right down before and crawl through the corner would be a different scenario. But 99% of drivers in Vettels position would EXPECT the lead car (Hamilton) to use his accelerator.

In the heat of the moment I have no doubt Vettel genuinely believed Hamilton brake tested him, which is why he saw red. Even though everything since has shown Hamilton did not.

The 2 touches - neither cars were damaged. Neither cars were pushed off the road, and both finished the race. It's hardly a sensationally dangerous encounter some are making out!

Suck it up, move on. No punishment needed.

As the lead car under the SC he has a duty to SAFELY keep a certain pace behind SC and not over duely back up the pack.

Hamilton almost got caught out under the first SC and only just crossed the line in time.

Although he technically did nothing wrong, by not accelerating - thus not progressing away from the corner, it could be questioned how safely he led the pack.

To slow right down before and crawl through the corner would be a different scenario. But 99% of drivers in Vettels position would EXPECT the lead car (Hamilton) to use his accelerator.

In the heat of the moment I have no doubt Vettel genuinely believed Hamilton brake tested him, which is why he saw red. Even though everything since has shown Hamilton did not.

The 2 touches - neither cars were damaged. Neither cars were pushed off the road, and both finished the race. It's hardly a sensationally dangerous encounter some are making out!

Suck it up, move on. No punishment needed.

Funny that isn't it. Hamilton's data showed that he had gone through the corner at the same speed on other occasions yet it still caught Vettel by surprise. If 99% of drivers had expected Hamilton to accelerate then surely all of those behind Vettel would also have accelerated causing all of them crash? No the only one who got it wrong was Vettel who was to arrogant to accept that he made a mistake and blamed a non-existent 'brake test'. The stewards saw nothing wrong with the pace at which Hamilton was driving and was not 'backing up' the pack any more than he is entitled to do.

The reason Vettel deserved a significant punishment was that it was two collisions. The first was an accident, although could not be classified as a racing incident, and so warranted the stop/go penalty. The second was a deliberate collision not under race conditions and therefore should either have been a second stop/go penalty or disqualification.

Funny that isn't it. Hamilton's data showed that he had gone through the corner at the same speed on other occasions yet it still caught Vettel by surprise. If 99% of drivers had expected Hamilton to accelerate then surely all of those behind Vettel would also have accelerated causing all of them crash? No the only one who got it wrong was Vettel who was to arrogant to accept that he made a mistake and blamed a non-existent 'brake test'. The stewards saw nothing wrong with the pace at which Hamilton was driving and was not 'backing up' the pack any more than he is entitled to do.

The reason Vettel deserved a significant punishment was that it was two collisions. The first was an accident, although could not be classified as a racing incident, and so warranted the stop/go penalty. The second was a deliberate collision not under race conditions and therefore should either have been a second stop/go penalty or disqualification.

Can you tell me what F1 book of rules you get your info from so i can also know more about the punishments needed for all infringements than the stewards who decide them?

Can you tell me what F1 book of rules you get your info from so i can also know more about the punishments needed for all infringements than the stewards who decide them?

FIA Formula one Sporting Regulations 2017 published 30/04/17. Section 38 covers incident during the race and section 39 the use of the safety car. The important point is 38.2 - It shall be at the discretion of the stewards to decide if any driver involved in an incident should be penalised. They obviously felt he should be penalised the way he was (although this is also being looked at post the race). Many people, myself included, felt they were too lenient.

Hamilton isn't alway innocent but in this case I can't see how any sensible person can't see that he was. Haters will always hate is suppose.

Actually I will give you that,

In this case Hamilton is innocent of any wrongdoing, Vettel mistimed his move....

It's his "Vettel should be disqualified" comments that irk.....

:shaun:

:good:

Correct, particularly the whole of the highlighted part, I think we can safely include Riccardo in there too.

Ricciardo IMO should be at the top of that list....

Yes you may have gathered that I'm not a Hamilton fan,

Yes he is talented but it's his constant whinging that turns people against him,

I think one of things that really ****** me off was the "my dad had to do 2 jobs just so I could go racing" this was a dig at Rosbergs upbringing,

I know people that do 2 jobs just to feed the family and pay bills.....petulance again......

And breathe.............

Ricciardo IMO should be at the top of that list....

Yes you may have gathered that I'm not a Hamilton fan,

Yes he is talented but it's his constant whinging that turns people against him,

I think one of things that really ****** me off was the "my dad had to do 2 jobs just so I could go racing" this was a dig at Rosbergs upbringing,

I know people that do 2 jobs just to feed the family and pay bills.....petulance again......

And breathe.............

Does he whinge any more than other top drivers? Alonso is renowned for it (although recently he does have a case in respect of the Maclaren!), Vettel is no. 1 whinger, Rosberg was always at it. I think it is, unfortunately, a prerequisite to be a top drivers. You will find those that don't complain are journeymen drivers. Personally I think Ricciardo is best of the rest. Behind Hamilton, Vettel, Alonso and Verstappen,

I've never watched F1 since the greatest driver of all time past away just wasn't the same after that .heard it was a good show though.

I take it you mean the great Ayrton Senna a fantastic driver who I watched win his first grand prix but the greatest driver of all time? is an interesting debate.

I take it you mean the great Ayrton Senna a fantastic driver who I watched win his first grand prix but the greatest driver of all time? is an interesting debate.

that's correct a great driver of his time wonder how today's drivers would compete against him then also not forgetting Mansel and prost etc Edited by foxnet22

You don't watch F1 because you don't have a TV!

😃 Well there is that admittedly, although I can watch it at my girlfriends, but long before I got rid of the tv I would watch the start and first couple of laps just to see if there was a pile up. Once it settled down to a parade I'd lose interest.

I grew to feel like I did when watching England football matches; full of enthusiasm and eagerness, which invariably turned to boredom and disappointment.