Bluetooth ceiling speakers

millrace

Has anyone got any views /used any of these....other half wanting music in kitchen etc.....use the radio says i no na na na basically she wants one of those talking organizers alexa things....now i have neither an interest or a need for one of these kicking around but if i can get decent speakers that work with bluetooth then she/kids can stream music from tablets etc just no idea whats good etc....open to advice thanks

Speaker is a speaker, used loads, never a direct Bluetooth speaker tho! Active ceiling speakers are not popular let alone Bluetooth only ones I have used are aimed at the edu market and sound pants but you get what you pay for.....

There are lots being advertised

Edited by HDAV

Ceiling speakers, you either need to get active ones which will need power going to them or passive ones which will need an amp somewhere and speaker wire to connect the two.

Sonos or Bose portable speaker is the best option. Great sound and you can move them around to wherever you want.

If you want ceiling mounted and only Bluetooth I think you will struggle to get anything half decent. As previously said Sonos is the best way forward, can be moved about effortless into any room you fancy instead of being fixed in the kitchen only and will allow streaming from any Wi-Fi device. Sorry can't advise on Bluetooth only.

What part of ceiling mounted is so hard to grasp........lol

While i appriciate the info im not interested in stand alone carry about speakers.......... defeats the purpose of having the music in the areas required.....

So how are you going to power it?

Ok lets clear up the confusion.....the products im looking at can be found on "kitchenbathroomradio.co.uk...(if i knew how to do links or copy pics i would) no sonos echo bose ....JUST CEILING SPEAKERS....lol

There are others available on amazon etc hence i was orginally asking if had anyone any experiance of using these.....

Ok lets clear up the confusion.....the products im looking at can be found on "kitchenbathroomradio.co.uk...(if i knew how to do links or copy pics i would) no sonos echo bose ....JUST CEILING SPEAKERS....lol

There are others available on amazon etc hence i was orginally asking if had anyone any experiance of using these.....

Yes they are **** ( the ones I have heard) but just a pair and try them there is reason sonos and bose sell millions of units and no one inc me who has been an AV professional for 15+ years recommend these things.

Yes they are **** ( the ones I have heard) but just a pair and try them there is reason sonos and bose sell millions of units and no one inc me who has been an AV professional for 15+ years recommend these things.

There is your answer.

Not a single person has given positive feedback or support for the type of speaker you want to install, therefore ignore the advice given and go ahead and buy what you want and listen to music from the **** speakers you seem to want ;-) Oh and spend about the same, if not more than you would on a good speaker system that has already been suggested ;-)

An alternative to Bluetooth speakers would be putting in some standard ceiling speakers with an amp. and attaching a Chromecast Audio dongle to the amp.

It's WiFi, not Bluetooth, but has the advantage that you can name each cast device, or name a group of devices. Just add a dongle to any existing hifi kit.

I understand Spotify/Deezer work with them and you can play music on single device or any of the groups. Eg. Kitchen or Downstairs.

What part of ceiling mounted is so hard to grasp........lol

While i appriciate the info im not interested in stand alone carry about speakers.......... defeats the purpose of having the music in the areas required.....

What sort of sound are you after?

If you just want something to make some noise then there will be loads around on eBay.

If you want something to sound half decent you will need to get speakers and a separate amp. I'm not aware of any active speakers that work on Bluetooth.

I'd also advise to steer away from Bluetooth and go for wifi instead which will give you better quality and mech better range.

Ok to those who ceem to know about this subject(hdav..cosd) and for last time i dont want sonos bose etc so leave it....aint hapening...heres what advice id like....mrs and kids want to play music from tablet/fone mostly from amazon cause we have prime...we dont have spotify apple or any other streaming type thing and unlikely to have we just dont listen to that much music and the radio is fine for me...i need 2 speakers in ceiling this is for kitchen /dining room whats the best set up...not needing cinema quality just something to listen to...dont mind bit of cableing etc.....thanks