Few days away.

fse10

All nice around there, White horse, York ( good open top bus city tour) trip out to Otley (loads of good pubs, eateries, same to Whitby (Dracula & Whalebone arch, great fish & chips),,via Goatland (Heartbeat), Roseberry Topping (great view), .Hope you enjoy.

Would not be complete without a trip for a day or two in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales.Get a map O/S type and get off the main roads, the single track lanes are beautiful. Drive up Buttertubs pass and visit tan hill the highest pub in England. The area is absolutely stunning. from Auntie.

Would not be complete without a trip for a day or two in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales.Get a map O/S type and get off the main roads, the single track lanes are beautiful. Drive up Buttertubs pass and visit tan hill the highest pub in England. The area is absolutely stunning. from Auntie.

Yes buttertubs & White scar caves

The buttertubbs pass is one of the U.K. Best driving roads. Stunning views everywhich way you look.

I went a few weeks back in the tiger, it slows you down when you realise the arresting cables are higher than the car, and would decapitate you if you got it wrong...

Stunning though.

Jorvik Centre for a bit history in York. York Minster and Beverley Minster not far away are both impressive even if you are not into the whole God thing. You can got to the top of Beverley Minster if i remember for a nice view over the area. Beverley also has a few nice pubs hidden away.

The Shambles in York is also nice if you are into old buildings and history.

Yes buttertubs & White scar caves

Ahh, White scar caves, have done it may times and never tire of it, go back about every five or six years, if you go, look out for the famous witches fingers and the sword of Damocles. Wonderful those dark and dank places of the earth!

I must go back!

atb

7diaw

Jorvik Centre for a bit history in York. York Minster and Beverley Minster not far away are both impressive even if you are not into the whole God thing. You can got to the top of Beverley Minster if i remember for a nice view over the area. Beverley also has a few nice pubs hidden away.

The Shambles in York is also nice if you are into old buildings and history.

No one going to mention the Railway Museum?

"Mousey "Thompson, carved a mouse on all of his work, started when he & a workmate were renovating a church,he carved a mouse & said they would always be as poor as church mice.The publican of the Punch Bowl in Edmondbyers in the seventies showed me a wooden punch bowl gifted to him by Mousey with the Roses of York & Lancaster carved in the bottom, I saw no mouse, "Feel under the rim", sure enough there it was. A true master. Interestingly, the Village is called Edmondbyers on the plate going West, & Edmundbyers goingEast, Signwriters must have visited the Pub.