Wasps.

GADWALL41

Just a quick heads up . Now I'm back from the vets with my dog . Out yesterday and well suddenly , within 4 seconds up to 50 wasps were in my dogs fur and the other part of the swarm on me .

Dog got zapped , I got zapped , he was on a drip overnight and 5 days of pills to take . I have been stung before but this was on a different level of pain and I still had live wasps in my jacket when I got home an hour later .

Now looking like Kim Kardasian , pouting lips and all my shooting will be on youtube for the next few days ,

Be , or wasp , careful out there ! if it buzzes , run.

Edited by GADWALL41

I have never had to many problems with Wasps but I certainly know what a sting feel like , I was rodding a manhole out once and the aroma must have attracted several Wasps , they started to hoover around me and getting a bit excited and unbeknown to me one had landed on my trousers next to my groin , the first sensation was a sharp sting and within a hour it was like a bullet had hit it , the pain reached its peak after a few hours and then it started to subside into a mild throb but I could still feel it the next day .

Mine was bad enough but a chap who done some work for us got stung on the neck once and his glands swelled up so bad it stopped him breathing and he was rushed to hospital , he was put on a drip and kept in overnight , even to this day he have got to carry a antidote in case he get stung again . hope you and your dog are now on the mend.

My old Lab saved me getting badly stung one evening on a lakeside path. He jumped as he got hit and drew my attention. Before retreating I grabbed him and threw him in the lake which washed the beggars off. Three more paces and it would have been a different story. Hope you are both back fit again soon. I have been stung many times by both bees and wasps but the worst is the itching weeks afterwards.

Thanks lads .

Once on a school outing to Chester Zoo there was dare at lunchtime , who could Drink the Most Vinegar , suffice to say I never touched the stuff again . Lemon Juice also helps and for bees I hear its baking soda .

The dog had at least 4 stings as you could feel the swelling coming up , eye , ear , belly , but I don't know the total Zaps he took. He wasn't to happy with me as I smacked them off him and just lay down , I thought I would have to carry him back to the car ,but he made it back .

The vet said he was Vomiting after I left , so I was glad I drove straight there, even if we were half covered in Mud .

yes ,no river or pond where I was and the tide was out , all the boxes ticked , but with a No answer , lol. Funny now not at the time .

But you are so right , the need to pay attention to what the dog is doing at all times , the majority went for him .

Edited by GADWALL41