Help wanted

bfg1980

I have been offered csg mp5 Herman rep .22 rifle with scope, 3 mags, 80 rounds, 100 round mag, bipod cleaning kit and some blank round. 285 pound but I don't know what they are like. Any one with some good info please.

Should that be GSG

Made in Germany a replica of the original American MP5 short carry rifle

You'll find some on Guntrader

Edited by sabel25

????

I have never understood the attraction in these, ok, a bit of fun perhaps, but are you a home alone Rambo or what exactly do you want to do with it?

We dont really need antis when other shooters suspect others are home alone Rambos because of their choice of firearm.

You couldnt make it up; you really couldnt. I despair at times. 😕

????

I have never understood the attraction in these, ok, a bit of fun perhaps, but are you a home alone Rambo or what exactly do you want to do with it?

Perish the thought !

Guns ! Fun !

Shudder *

We dont really need antis when other shooters suspect others are home alone Rambos because of their choice of firearm.

You couldnt make it up; you really couldnt. I despair at times.

+1

You get a FAC by having good reason, then ask about these?

It isn't a target rifle and it isn't a hunting rifle!

I totally accept these can be fun and have a big grin factor, but this is the UK. UK shooting already takes more than enough flack, this sort of rifle does nothing to help the legitimate cause of target or hunting use. I personally believe it actually gives the genuine community grief!

The only place these have any credibility is back yard plinking, I haven't noticed that as a valid reason!

I despair!

Edited by Dekers

Exactly Strange attitudes on these boards all this excessive 6.555 .243 is king mentality which is nonsense, now we got .22s being criticised due to the configuration of the gun. Only thing i would gasp at is the 285 price tag sure the gun will function with the right ammo and care and kill like any other .22 why worry what config the gun is its the individuals choice they are old enough to make their own mind up and are doing nothing illegal then so be it.

Exactly Strange attitudes on these boards all this excessive 6.555 .243 is king mentality which is nonsense, now we got .22s being criticised due to the configuration of the gun. Only thing i would gasp at is the 285 price tag sure the gun will function with the right ammo and care and kill like any other .22 why worry what config the gun is its the individuals choice they are old enough to make their own mind up and are doing nothing illegal then so be it.

Whatever you believe is personal choice, we unfortunately live in a society where 1 person gets upset and a 1,000,000 or more suffer the consequences.

Tell me what use this gun has other than pretend Rambo, nobody with a legitimate UK use/application would bother, it is a sad joke, we are not allowed to have fun with guns in the UK like the USA can, if we could then fine and enjoy. I guess he wishes he was unloading from a helicopter and charging round the field all in black with night vision goggles as well, no doubt the rabbits will simply die of shock!?

Make no mistake, I am all for personal choice, but I have also been involved in shooting for 50+ years, I had pistols when you could, now we have to jump through every imaginable hoop, this, sod the world attitude its his choice, will only serve to cause more headlines.

Sadly this is fodder for the red tops and grief for the shooting community in the UK!

Edited by Dekers

Whatever you believe is personal choice, we unfortunately live in a society where 1 person gets upset and a 1,000,000 or more suffer the consequences.

Tell me what use this gun has other than pretend Rambo, nobody with a legitimate UK use/application would bother, it is a sad joke, we are not allowed to have fun with guns in the UK like the USA can, if we could then fine and enjoy. I guess he wishes he was unloading from a helicopter and charging round the field all in black with night vision goggles as well, no doubt the rabbits will simply die of shock!?

Make no mistake, I am all for personal choice, but I have also been involved in shooting for 50+ years, I had pistols when you could, now we have to jump through every imaginable hoop, this, sod the world attitude its his choice, will only serve to cause more headlines.

Sadly this is fodder for the red tops and grief for the shooting community in the UK!

If our grip on to gun ownership is so tenuous as to be compromised by the owning of a .22 MP% clone then god help us that is all i can say. :no::rolleyes:

Look its not for me or you to question others choices i have not got a clue why anyone would want one but they are not doing anything wrong they are legal accept it, if it shoots one hole groups or as a spread like a steal plate its HIS CHOICE NOT OURS SO JUST GIVE ADVICE WHAT’S ASKED FOR RATHER THAN YOUR OWN OPINION.

If you had come up with some constructive statement something like you or your pall had one it was a constant jammer grouped terrible then that is valid but all the closet home alone rambo stuff it is just not needed and is more harm to shooting than any clone .22 could ever hope to be. .

Remember when pistols were legal, remember when military style rifles were available, remember when multi shot semis were available, remember when we could buy a shotgun through Lightwoods catalogue and your boy could go into a RFD and buy you a box of cartridges for Fathers day.

They were ALL legal.

Hell, even poxy BB and Air Soft have to be painted ORANGE these days because they are made in the image of military/terrorist guns and the world thinks you are a threat otherwise

You are right, God help us if you can't see what the future holds if we don't take some responsibility!

Did you not notice the part where I said they were no good for target or hunting, only back yard plinking, which part of that isn't advice?

Edited by Dekers

Remember when pistols were legal, remember when military style rifles were available, remember when multi shot semis were available, remember when we could buy a shotgun through Lightwoods catalogue and your boy could go into a RFD and buy you a box of cartridges for Fathers day.

They were ALL legal.

Hell, even poxy BB and Air Soft have to be painted ORANGE these days because they are made in the image of military/terrorist guns and the world thinks you are a threat otherwise

You are right, God help us if you can't see what the future holds if we don't take some responsibility!

Did you not notice the part where I said they were no good for target or hunting, only back yard plinking, which part of that isn't advice?

Yes i remember SLRs handguns so what? Government knee jerk reactions to terrible crimes prompted legislation, not law abiding people going about their business like here. If the government are bringing in new legislation on how a gun looks i have no idea, but a black .22 rimfire is hardly a threat to anypne and a bullet from my traditional BRNO 22 bolt action is just as potentialy dangerous.

Anyway this is all about what you think like and approve of nothing to do with laws or legislation. Which in any case the OP will be compliant with in any case, i do not see any problem just people making choices if those choices are yours or mine is irrelevant here.

Yes i remember SLRs handguns so what? Government knee jerk reactions to terrible crimes prompted legislation, not law abiding people going about their business like here. If the government are bringing in new legislation on how a gun looks i have no idea, but a black .22 rimfire is hardly a threat to anypne and a bullet from my traditional BRNO 22 bolt action is just as potentialy dangerous.

Anyway this is all about what you think like and approve of nothing to do with laws or legislation. Which in any case the OP will be compliant with in any case, i do not see any problem just people making choices if those choices are yours or mine is irrelevant here.

I'm also old enough to remember the changes in legislation were NOT all to do with kneejeck reaction to crime! I think we could go on forever like this, the difference is I'm a realist and you are simply putting the blinkers on!

These type of guns are no use for anything but back yard plinking, they are nobody's first choice for target or hunting, so what use do they have?

My very first response asked what the OP wanted to do with it, still no reply!

Sorry dekkers but what about mini rifle comps ukpsa shoots and alike

Just because you don't like one part of shooting sport you shouldn't dam others calling them Rambo wannabes

You go on about taking responsibility but your damming others. You said you had pistols and what not before it was banned so you should know how it feels to have part of your sort taken from you.

So yes we should take responsibility by sticking up for each other's parts of the sports so that something like that don't happen again and showing people it don't matter what the rifles pistols what ever look like fact is there not dangerous when used responsibly

UKPSA serve a purpose, are organised and disciplined, just exactly where did the OP make any mention of that, frankly I suspect he has never heard of them.

They also cover a wealth of areas that potentially have some use in the field.

What exactly do you think would happen if some rambler saw a guy with a CSG MP5 in camo or all black :lol: walking round a field!?

Like I say, I live in the real world and have suffered over the years because of idiots/Rambos/Rag tops/Governments. I have a legitimate and business requirement for an assortment of guns and I don't need any more grief caused by people who want to play!!

Even the Cullen Report after Dunblane stated very clearly that banning handguns would serve no useful purpose, a detailed enquiry, did anyone listen, no, the Government were swayed by opinion, not fact, I don't give a fig these guns are legal, lets be realistic for once!

Edited by Dekers

Guys

I have a view, you seem to have another!

I have also said they can be great fun, but this is the UK and....

Bye! :good:

Edit

chilly1981

Don't you think you could have a lot more fun with that GSG 1911 LBP if it was a proper pistol and didn't carry every restriction under the sun. Unless you have some very individual conditions then basically only you can touch/fire it and only at an approved club, no field use!

Legislation/restrictions caused by the use/misuse of previously legal guns! :hmm::hmm: :hmm:

People need to take the blinkers of!

Edited by Dekers

You get a FAC by having good reason, then ask about these?

It isn't a target rifle and it isn't a hunting rifle!

I totally accept these can be fun and have a big grin factor, but this is the UK. UK shooting already takes more than enough flack, this sort of rifle does nothing to help the legitimate cause of target or hunting use. I personally believe it actually gives the genuine community grief!

The only place these have any credibility is back yard plinking, I haven't noticed that as a valid reason!

I despair!

Then why couldnt you just have said similar in your initial reply? Why do you have to resort to belittling comments such as Rambo?

Im also a former handgunner and well remember the extremely emotive comments and derogatory remarks about the types of people who liked to own and use them.

Its worth mentioning that the last person who went ape**** did it with the types of firearms most commonly in use by the likes of you and me, and the chances are they will feature the next time also.

Derek Bird was no Rambo but a legitimate owner of so called Sporting firearms.

Then why couldnt you just have said similar in your initial reply? Why do you have to resort to belittling comments such as Rambo?

Im also a former handgunner and well remember the extremely emotive comments and derogatory remarks about the types of people who liked to own and use them.

Its worth mentioning that the last person who went ape**** did it with the types of firearms most commonly in use by the likes of you and me, and the chances are they will feature the next time also.

Derek Bird was no Rambo but a legitimate owner of so called Sporting firearms.

Ok, so you are happy with my reasoning/comments/suggestions/logic but you take exception to Rambo!

I give up, actually I gave up a few posts back!

I think this is what was famously quoted in a film as a "Failure to communicate!"

And fortunately, when Derek Bird through a wobbly with a relatively normal rifle, David Cameron stood up and made valid points about the number of people using them and the great benefit they generally were to the country, just what do you think he could have said if Bird was using a csg mp5 .22?

Edited by Dekers

Ok, so you are happy with my reasoning/comments/suggestions/logic but you take exception to Rambo!

I give up, actually I gave up a few posts back!

I think this is what was famously quoted in a film as a "Failure to communicate!"

And fortunately, when Derek Bird through a wobbly with a relatively normal rifle, David Cameron stood up and made valid points about the number of people using them and the great benefit they generally were to the country, just what do you think he could have said if Bird was using a csg mp5 .22?

Being a shooter I couldnt say Im happy with any of your comments.

Derogatory comments made with the intention of belittling someone says more about that persons character than the target of their derision, and while everyone is entitled to an opinion, it is your attitude which does shooting sports in this country no favours whatsoever.

I have no more idea than you have what Cameron would have said if Bird had used an MP5 clone/variant type in West Cumbria, but it is simply a self loading .22rf.

Whether you like it or not they have legitimate sporting uses within UK shooting.

Your comments in subsequent posts simply highlight the hypocrisy and devisive people amongst us who are willing to sacrifice the types of firearm they disapprove of and the sport of those who enjoy them, in order to ensure the sport and survival of those firearms they approve of.

We get everything we deserve; as history has proven time and time again.