Big cat sighting

12gauge82

5 hours ago, Wb123 said:

How many of us on here have seen big cats whilst out?

I was pretty sure i saw one once, the dog was terrified of whatever the thing was.

My dog is terrified of my cat. So much so he won' pass him on the stairs easily and often stops at "choke points" in the garden in case "moby the monster" jumps out on him and chases him up the path. 

A truly fearsome 5lb moggy that cant resist a tummy tickle. 

The days of the big cats are largely over. Most were rounded up and trapped or shot on the quiet by the Ministry of Agriculture years ago. Any that are left now are very lucky to still be around. But I'm sure there still are a few.

Dozens were released into the wild because of totally irresponsible legislation banning people from keeping them in the 1970s but giving owners no way of legally rehoming them. Its not a big mystery, or some sort of wild conspiracy. Before the law changed you could buy a puma or a cheetah from a pet shop or Club Row market and keep it with no restrictions what so ever.

I'm surprised that some appear to have survived but good luck to them 

Edited by Vince Green

9 hours ago, Vince Green said:

The days of the big cats are largely over. Most were rounded up and trapped or shot on the quiet by the Ministry of Agriculture years ago. Any that are left now are very lucky to still be around. But I'm sure there still are a few.

Dozens were released into the wild because of totally irresponsible legislation banning people from keeping them in the 1970s but giving owners no way of legally rehoming them. Its not a big mystery, or some sort of wild conspiracy. Before the law changed you could buy a puma or a cheetah from a pet shop or Club Row market and keep it with no restrictions what so ever.

I'm surprised that some appear to have survived but good luck to them 

Yes I saw a lioness cub for sale in Petticoat lane market in the seventies,probably got dumped when it grew.