Drugs in Sport.

100milesaway

6 minutes ago, ditchman said:

am i right in saying that the ruskies got banned for doping in the ice bowls thingy......................i mean to say...taking drugs to win at that....its the poor bloody people that have to watch it that need the drugs...

Most spectators use iron bru and vodka

40 minutes ago, ditchman said:

am i right in saying that the ruskies got banned for doping in the ice bowls thingy......................i mean to say...taking drugs to win at that....its the poor bloody people that have to watch it that need the drugs...

If you believe the media the Ruskies would take drugs to win at "snakes and ladders"

Edited by panoma1

I can't quite grasp why Bradley Wiggins is on the sharp end of this witch hunt. He has never failed a drugs test - Chris Froome has.

It's all this "there are questions to be answered" nonsense that irritates me. If someone thinks Bradley is a drugs cheat - just come out and say - without a shadow of a doubt - he is a cheat. That gives him the opportunity to sue. As he has never failed the drugs test,  I suspect they would lose.

I find it very convenient that the Russia has the only state sponsored doping system, why expect anything else from the 'enemy of the west' if Russia is the only nation doing it why are they not cleaning up the medals in every event, unless thats because every other nation is doing it. Which they are to varying degrees.

i struggle to believe any of them are clean. Hand out the knighthoods, put them on a pedestal and get all uncomfortable when the truth comes out. Mo farahs coach has a very dubious past, mo couldn't hide quick enough when the finger got pointed at him. Brad was a good track rider but not much to write home about on the road until he joined sky, then the results improved. Bolt is another, how a one clean bloke be faster than all the other busted sprinters. He's retired early with the farlytale intact and you can guarantee his samples will never re retrospectively tested, athletics would take a generation to recover.

Each Sport is only as clean as it chooses to be,  rugby I suspect is rife, you don't get to the size and speed of those guys on wheatabix and protean shakes, the pressure to be bigger, faster etc must be huge. Football is another, tennis with the 'vitamin' injections the pundit inform us the players have after a 5 setter. 

Make it all legal, bring it out in the open and watch the records fall! 

16 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

I can't quite grasp why Bradley Wiggins is on the sharp end of this witch hunt. He has never failed a drugs test - Chris Froome has.

It's all this "there are questions to be answered" nonsense that irritates me. If someone thinks Bradley is a drugs cheat - just come out and say - without a shadow of a doubt - he is a cheat. That gives him the opportunity to sue. As he has never failed the drugs test,  I suspect they would lose.

It does seem unfair on wiggins. I didn't think Froome failed a test, he had an AAF which required further investigation. A fail would see him banned from competition. 

Edited by shalfordninja33

One of the key PE lessons at school I remember (around year ten) was the head of PE stating that if we wanted to compete above county level doping was something we had to be prepared to take part in. 

Colleagues who have worked with professional atheletes echo this and suggest it is a game of sail as close to the wind as you possibly can, then he who has the best genetic makeup mixed with the best support team wins. The atheletes themselves are performing seals who do what they are told when they are told to do it. 

22 minutes ago, Wb123 said:

One of the key PE lessons at school I remember (around year ten) was the head of PE stating that if we wanted to compete above county level doping was something we had to be prepared to take part in. 

Colleagues who have worked with professional atheletes echo this and suggest it is a game of sail as close to the wind as you possibly can, then he who has the best genetic makeup mixed with the best support team wins. The atheletes themselves are performing seals who do what they are told when they are told to do it. 

That’s the thing mate - if you look at sports programmes, they throw thousands of potential athletes / students at a programme and then filter through the best - this goes on time and time again until you end up with the top competitors. 

If one athlete doesn’t make it, there’s someone else ready to step into their shoes in an instant. 

The temptation to enhance performance is huge - look at Rugby and the old British Lions videos compared to the teams of today. The introduction of growth hormone especially if prolific and is extremely difficult to test for.