Jump to content
1066

Homemade arbour press

Recommended Posts

I was in need of an arbour press so just made this one. Ball bearing pivot and oilite bearings for the ram.

 QM745c7l.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, la bala said:

Top job there, so satisfying building it yourself.

Indeed, rarely cost effective but keeps me amused.  Here's a few more bits from my workshop:

 cMuj98Xm.jpg pEosxHrm.jpg I5gKxlzm.jpg Xsa6TU9m.jpg cRhkb6tm.jpg u2rv40im.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whether it is making

  1. making knives
  2. making turn screws
  3. making punt guns
  4. making punts
  5. leather working
  6. kitchen units
  7. cabinate making
  8. gun boxes for range rovers
  9. loading tools
  10. making meausing equipment
  11. stock making
  12. wood working
  13. blacksmithing
  14. pens
  15. xmas lights (lord geordie)
  16. making sheds

 

there are some seriously skilled people on this forum.............amazing......and loads more i havnt mentioned.........

 

seriously what is it all about ...the British love of sheds and fiddling about making stuff....

 

 

 

Edited by ditchman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ditchman said:

..the British love of sheds and fiddling about making stuff....

Yes.

Why buy something which is not quite what you want, when you can make it or adapt something else to do exactly what you want?

.... and you learn some skills along the way

Edited by amateur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, amateur said:

Yes.

Why buy something which is not quite what you want, when you can make it or adapt something else to do exactly what you want?

.... and you learn some skills along the way

excactly..:good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's another couple of odds and ends. Just made this for my next door neighbour, apparently it a called a glass fritter for crushing bits of coloured glass for artwork.

  y29O14Qm.jpg?1

3D printed magnetic gun rack;

86nxRjpm.jpgoxKq9F4m.jpg

dNlWQxEm.jpgmCYPnmwm.jpg

expander die

61sNOSam.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is indeed John - Shows a graph of seating force in pounds. - Consistency is the name of the game.

  d0fgpoWm.jpg

 HrQBbuIm.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the annealing machine could do with one like that myself if you are interested in making another PM me the price ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hawkeye said:

Love the annealing machine could do with one like that myself if you are interested in making another PM me the price ...

I made a handful like that then simplified the design and made another handful of the MK 2. Whether I will make another batch, I really don't know, just too many projects and not enough hours. :)

  https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=ssAYLvHIw0E

or even simpler:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if you ever decide to make more let me know would be interested...

 

Mind you i do like the first one ...

 

Edited by hawkeye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/05/2018 at 07:26, 1066 said:

I was in need of an arbour press so just made this one. Ball bearing pivot and oilite bearings for the ram.

 QM745c7l.jpg

Who makes that scale and do you have a link? Been looking for something just like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made it all myself J. You can see a bit about the pressure sensor here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Inspired by seeing one converted by Yorric over on the Stalking Directory I’ve just finished this....

 

29432096-5035-47D5-A96C-C9E6659F9080.jpeg

Edited by fizzbangwhallop
Different angle pic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28 May 2018 at 11:48, ditchman said:

whether it is making

  1. making knives
  2. making turn screws
  3. making punt guns
  4. making punts
  5. leather working
  6. kitchen units
  7. cabinate making
  8. gun boxes for range rovers
  9. loading tools
  10. making meausing equipment
  11. stock making
  12. wood working
  13. blacksmithing
  14. pens
  15. xmas lights (lord geordie)
  16. making sheds

 

there are some seriously skilled people on this forum.............amazing......and loads more i havnt mentioned.........

 

seriously what is it all about ...the British love of sheds and fiddling about making stuff....

 

 

 

You forgot to mention knife resurrection Ditchy, which everyone now knows you are the Maestro. 'Hiding your light under a bushel' comes to mind.

OB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...