Pocket knife recommendations

Marccus

23 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Ah shame, wouldn’t be U.K. legal to just carry everyday then  silly rules 

I seem to remember that SACs head honcho at the time (Ian Clarke) said he would fight the locking knife law for a member if they got into bother, and the good reason given for having one was not wanting a razor sharp blade closing across or taking your fingers off. Don`t know if the New SACs organisation would do so?

Another vote for Opinal even though they lock by rotating the front collar.

1 hour ago, Flyboy1950 said:

I seem to remember that SACs head honcho at the time (Ian Clarke) said he would fight the locking knife law for a member if they got into bother, and the good reason given for having one was not wanting a razor sharp blade closing across or taking your fingers off. Don`t know if the New SACs organisation would do so?

Another vote for Opinal even though they lock by rotating the front collar.

They look tidy little knives which size do you go for? 

3 minutes ago, spandit said:

Opinel knives are not legal EDC but if you have good reason to carry one then they're good tools. Plenty of EDC knives around that will suit

Such as? 

Appreciate any tips, I have a lovely one but it’s got a lock button so not legal! 

Thanks for all the replies!

It seems this was a popular topic with over 900 views as I type. Lots of recommendations and I the end I ended up with .......

An Opinel no7

And 

A Gerber Paraframe 1

The Opinel is scary sharp out of the box and will fit in my pocket comfortably whilst out in the field.

The Gerber just felt right in the hand, a good quality knife and will live in my shooting bag plus I managed to get one at half price so it was a no brainer.

Thanks for all the replies

M. 

Hi All,

The Svord mini peasant gets my vote.

No money at all. Will easily sharpen shaving sharp. Legal for everyday carry and can be opened one handed and no chance of it closing on your fingers unless you are very cack handed. It's the best every day knife I have found having tried quite a few others.

Cheers

Clive

10 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

I didn't know that. There again, I never looked to find out. I think I'll get one when they are back in stock.

It’s flipping tiny though, I bought one for my boys fishing box, no good for those of us afflicted with sausage fingers..

On 17/06/2018 at 20:41, wymberley said:

Not so sure about that. They eat golden distasteful - they don't export them all.

& "Tripes A La Mode De Caen", disgusting ,the smell was enough, think of a paunch shot rabbit left in a car boot today for 8 hours.