Alleged Russian assassins on TV

oowee

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Not being pedantic here , but who the ---- are Bellingcat ?
And why do they seem to be able to be the informed voice of our intelligence services, are they a front for MI6 , if so ,why do they need a front ?

They have heavily influenced the MH 17 inquiry, supplying information (blaming Russia directly) that supposedly no one else could find.
Now they seem privy to information that our own government couldnt find about the GRU 'assassins'

It sounds to me like they are an expendable organisation, that can be swiftly burned if they get exposed for selling misinformation.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Retsdon said:

Bellingcat AKA 'Brown Moses', is one Elliot Higgins. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellingcat. Quite why he's afforded the oracle like status that he is is a bit baffling really.

'In March 2012, Eliot Higgins started a blog under the pseudonym Brown Moses, through which he published his research into video footage of the Syrian Civil War.[3] He looked at hundreds of these short clips on the Internet, localized them, and examined details of the weapons used. As a result, Higgins was able to demonstrate that the Syrian regime was using cluster munitions and chemical weapons. In 2013, Higgins linked the significant chemical attack in Ghouta to Bashar al-Assad'

Seems legit :lol:

8 minutes ago, Mungler said:

So, let's recap....

Do the tin foil hatters now accept that Putin was behind the nerve agent attempted assassination in Salisbury or not?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45656004

Nope.
Why would I ?
All this information came from a bloke who trawls the internet from the comfort of his sofa, the same internet sites you or I can look at, and comes up with ROCK SOLID PROOF 😂 that one of the 'tourists' is a member of the Russian armed forces.
But not just any old soldier, a colonel no less (at 39 ?!) spetsnaz trained (similar to SAS ,SEALS ect !) a hero of the Russian people, anointed by Putin himself. 20 medals, veteran of many conflicts, including Ukraine (?)
The man is Rambo :lol:

Yet cant organise the murder of an unsuspecting bloke who didnt have any defences whatsoever.
And uses public transport and commercial flights to get about , whilst smiling at every CCTV camera he can ,and leaving a trail of evidence and witnesses to lead straight back to him?
Yep ,got to be him then !

You would do far better analysing where the information is coming from.
Bellingcat, being the fountain of all knowledge here, straight to BBC headlines, proven beyond all reasonable doubt ?
With no support from any official source whatsoever.
Apparently the Russians havnt denied it yet , so it must be true, laughable.

I was scrolling through this and saw this...

2 hours ago, Mungler said:

So, let's recap....

Do the tin foil hatters now accept that Putin was behind the nerve agent attempted assassination in Salisbury or not?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45656004

...and knew, absolutely 100% that this was going to follow...

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Nope.
Why would I ?

Priceless!

44 minutes ago, henry d said:

I was scrolling through this and saw this...

...and knew, absolutely 100% that this was going to follow...

Priceless!

Good contribution Henry, well done !
Ive given my reasons for why it changes nothing.
You have added nothing except a leisurely troll :good:

15 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Good contribution Henry, well done !
Ive given my reasons for why it changes nothing.
You have added nothing except a leisurely troll :good:

Did you read the background to the Bellingcat conclusion's? I don't know what internet sites you have access to 🙂

Expect more revelations soon. RT awaiting instructions. 

Edited by oowee

I have a theory on this.... well two actually.

Mr Skripal (A former Russian spy apparently) was selling info to a British intelligence agency.

1.  The Russian Government were'nt too happy about this, and thus decided to bump him off.

2.  MI6 had finished with his services, and decided to do it themselves.

Either way, does it really matter, as I'm sure it's been done umpteen times before by both sides, and it's fair to say 'It goes with the territory'?

The only difference nowadays is that Putin can comfortably pour himself a large vodka, sit back and laugh his socks off at what he sees on Social Media😀

Image result for ruslan boshirov

Im a wha..?

From Bellingcat, via its favourite mouthpiece, the Guardian.

"The odds of finding the Salisbury novichok poisoning suspects’ real identities seemed remote.

The man who called himself Ruslan Boshirov had no social media profiles, no publicly registered businesses or phonebook listings, and after giving a brief and bizarre interview on the state-funded RT television station earlier this month, many Russia watchers assumed he would simply disappear into the ether.

But in a series of blockbuster investigations, the online investigative journalism sites Bellingcat and The Insider presented a strong case to identify Boshirov as Col Anatoliy Chepiga, a highly-decorated officer in the Russian military intelligence (GRU).

The investigation combined elements of old-school journalism, like tips from sources with knowledge of the Russian military, with powerful online search techniques, leaked databases of Russian passport documents, and a large dose of intuition.

“We had no expectation we’d be able to make an ID,” Eliot Higgins, who founded Bellingcat in 2014 after pioneering a series of open-source investigations, told the Guardian. “But after our first article we had a number of people reaching out with additional information, and some of it was very specific information. The main challenge then was fact-checking and verifying the information we were provided with.”

Asked about those tips, Higgins said he couldn’t go into detail at this point."

From RT (I know, all lies )

"The way Bellingcat came to the conclusion is by creating a preferred profile of a Russian military intelligence officer and then looking for a person to fit it. By “connecting the dots” between a military unit in which they believed such an agent may have been given training, absence of an online trail and brief mentions in open sources and old documents in Russian databases, they came up with Chepiga as their guy.

The centerpiece of the case is a comparison of photos of a Chepiga, which Bellingcat said was taken in 2003, and those of Boshirov taken in 2009 and 2018. The group says the young Chepiga strongly resembles a younger Boshirov.

The report stresses that it would be highly unusual for a decorated veteran commando with a rank of colonel to go on a field mission. Bellingcat implies that it indicates that an order came from high up. Alternative explanations are not explored by the group.

The authenticity and veracity of the documents, which Bellingcat claimed it got from a Russian database, could not be immediately verified."

Anatoliy Chepigaâs 2003 passport photo; Ruslan Boshirovâs 2009 passport photo; Ruslan Boshirov, in a Metropolitan Police photo

The colonel in L to R  2003 , 2009 and 2018, the above ,larger pic is also 2018.
Im no expert in photographs, and you may need to search for the originals online, but note the line of the  bottom of the ears, with the bottom of the nose in 2003, to my mind they appear to have been cropped square too ?
2008 also shows signs of cropping, and both earlier pics the hair is different.
These photos and the apparent similarities are the basis for the 'proof' that the 'tourist' is the 'colonel'

Now if this is the case, and we know his real name, Im waiting for someone ,somewhere who knows him to come forward and talk to the press, someone within the Russian military who served with him in his 20 year career in the military?
Or shall we just trust Bellingcat?
Who has NO experience in investigative journalism.
NO experience in military hardware or tactics, besides playing computer games (by his own admission)
Has never travelled to any of the places he reports on.
Has (supposedly) no links to any security service.
Oh and only 'reports' on stuff that bashes the Russians !
Yet appears to influence worldwide media, and top level inquiries ?

4 minutes ago, KB1 said:

1.  The Russian Government were'nt too happy about this, and thus decided to bump him off.

2.  MI6 had finished with his services, and decided to do it themselves.

And both theories end up with a live target at the end of it ?

Edited by Rewulf

Im no expert in photographs, and you may need to search for the originals online, but note the line of the  bottom of the ears, with the bottom of the nose in 2003, to my mind they appear to have been cropped square too

On the first photo - his head is tilted backward and he leans forward increasingly. The distance from his eyeline to the bottom of his ears remains constant - according to my measuring. :whistling:

47 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

On the first photo - his head is tilted backward and he leans forward increasingly. The distance from his eyeline to the bottom of his ears remains constant - according to my measuring. :whistling:

I confess that is what I concluded, the position (angle) of the subjects head (backward or forward) would alter the line of the ears in relation to the nose etc! (and other facial characteristics) ..........in all three photos it sure looks like the same guy to me!