PW Membership

pavman

Seems to me things are changing, some long term contributors are falling off, new folk come and go and the regulars don’t post like they used to. I have made some good friends who understood a bit of mutual leg pulling (like my avatar) but not all change is good, and some times we seem to have drifted from banter to rudeness, or mundane schoolboy posts,

Maybe we are top heavy with schoolboys

Maybe its me :unsure:

All Internet Forums go through the same process, its a sort of cycle.

Eventually , there can come a kind of sameness about questions, comments, debates etc.

Some people then tend to read more and post less, others give it a rest for a while.

Its quite usual to see some of the "old" members looking in, but not posting.

New members are continually joining, they can bring a breath of fresh air, or join the silent majority, either way they are welcome.

Despite the occasional spats, this is still one of the friendliest Forums on the Internet that I know of.

I place myself in the school boy category.

I think that it is the personal relationships that are built and the banter that keep people interested.

Having now been on here long enough to see the cycle I can only say that there is only so many times the .177 vs. .22 debate and cartridges for pigeons / squirrels / clays threads can hold anyone's attention.

With regards to proper content, you can't beat a Frank / JohnGalway post and the odd picture of fox turned inside out. Also, any NTTF post for a snapshot into a life we all probably wish we had.

I dont really know my friend, I am a old t--t new to this forum,my past is full of great deeds, by human efforts, but I have allways told the truth, and hopefully never lied , or said my life was never as I recounted it and now , I dont know how to reply to your statement. in all honesty, this New labour Goverment has now changed this country of ours,you go into London today and spend a little time there and see who are the new masters in waiting, look at the majority vote winners in local elections and see whats going to happen here? I hope to God (OOPS IS THAT ALLOWED) that my fellow Brits will understand and put up the resistance that is required. God bless you all , Ron Taylor, Berettaman1.

I take it from the time of your post and the almost suicidal underpinning that it has that when you wrote it you were ******

With regards to proper content, you can't beat a Frank / JohnGalway post and the odd picture of fox turned inside out. Also, any NTTF post for a snapshot into a life we all probably wish we had.

Cheers Mungler :unsure: Now back to class with ya :good: Seriously, I'll send ya on that tenner later, you do take PayPal don't you? :good:

I place myself in the school boy category.

I think that it is the personal relationships that are built and the banter that keep people interested.

Having now been on here long enough to see the cycle I can only say that there is only so many times the .177 vs. .22 debate and cartridges for pigeons / squirrels / clays threads can hold anyone's attention.

i would have said the same. I'm here to learn, theres still alot of usefull knowledge out there and at some point, i'll need to know it. It's nice to see how others lead there life's and like said, how much we wish it could be us. I havn't mastered this posting business, i seem to kill conversation by posting un-replyable post, so it's easier to serch for the answers.

Tumble weed.............................see, told ya

I am new to the whole shooting thing and I find this site a fantastic source of information and people willing to put themselves out to help you.

I can't add much in the wayt of technical contributions yet but I hope I can add to the banter every now and again and add a little something. I must say that PW does help to get me through the day sitting at my desk and if it wasn't there I'd have to work harder.

I can't add much in the wayt of technical contributions yet but I hope I can add to the banter every now and again and add a little something. I must say that PW does help to get me through the day sitting at my desk and if it wasn't there I'd have to work harder.

Wot he said..... :unsure:

I am new to the whole shooting thing and I find this site a fantastic source of information and people willing to put themselves out to help you.

There must be lots of pigeons outside your office window :good::good:

:unsure: D2D

Have one for me.I am in the last hour of a 14 hour shift.i watch a bank of cardiac monitors and sometimes one of them stops for keeps.This forum is a new and positive aspect of life to a guy who used to be out all the time with a million mates but moving area and shifts and family changed all that.Plus hitting 40.PW is an important part of my shooting.I dont feel quite the solitary shooter which in truth I am.I enjoy reading banter but not what can verge on ticking off or ridicule ,which seems quite rare on this site.Hope to stay around a while longer.

Have one for me.I am in the last hour of a 14 hour shift.i watch a bank of cardiac monitors and sometimes one of them stops for keeps.This forum is a new and positive aspect of life to a guy who used to be out all the time with a million mates but moving area and shifts and family changed all that.Plus hitting 40.PW is an important part of my shooting.I dont feel quite the solitary shooter which in truth I am.I enjoy reading banter but not what can verge on ticking off or ridicule ,which seems quite rare on this site.Hope to stay around a while longer.

just remember when out your never a solitary shooter someone or something is always watching you :unsure:

vole your a better man than me, we was plastering a kiddy's hospital in brum each day when we turned up we had to pass where the little mites were wired up to machines and parents were hanging about in anguish, totally ****** my head up and i had to leave the job, fare play to ya kid.

pavman your stuck with me pink poodle and all :unsure: :good::good:

I you have a look at who posts most. Its down to about 20 regulars and the rest just view. A lot of the members that have been on here for 3 and 4 years almost never post threads anymore

The general banter section is very limited to variety and wouldn't life be sad if you commented on every single thread whether you had an interest or not?

Jonno

All Internet Forums go through the same process, its a sort of cycle.

Eventually , there can come a kind of sameness about questions, comments, debates etc.

Some people then tend to read more and post less, others give it a rest for a while.

Its quite usual to see some of the "old" members looking in, but not posting.

New members are continually joining, they can bring a breath of fresh air, or join the silent majority, either way they are welcome.

Despite the occasional spats, this is still one of the friendliest Forums on the Internet that I know of.

well said Cranfield totally agree---carbine

Thanks Blackthorn mate.Its strictly the grown ups I look after,I find the paediatric stuff too awesome and scary.And now being a parent havent got what it takes to care for sick kids.Did a bit of kids intensive care early 90,s.not for me,too soft.All the best fellers.