ditchmans winetasting

ditchman

have had sum hse beujiais to-nit frum sainsberryies at %5.o0 a bottle and its a bt young but very nice...can ardley stand up thak you bery much nige (whitebidges)............

i relly dont give atuss anymore...ive had a rump steak an dried ioonions..........i thinki i will go an pull one out njow jus to round off a very nice dey.....

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

have had sum hse beujiais to-nit frum sainsberryies at %5.o0 a bottle and its a bt young but very nice...can ardley stand up thak you bery much nige (whitebidges)............

i relly dont give atuss anymore...ive had a rump steak an dried ioonions..........i thinki i will go an pull one out njow jus to round off a very nice dey.....

Oh dear, the Forum Alcoholic is on the go again!

On 15/01/2019 at 19:12, ditchman said:

dont you bloody moan at me.............................this is a scietific experiment................that will benifit many people................and if i keep taking stuff back they wont let me in...and at todays fuel prices i cant afford to shop anywhere else...so shut yer row

you just wait until i get some wine that tastes of jilly gouldens muff....and warn you................you will thank me then.............

Now that painted a picture in my mind that'll take more than a bottle of wine to wipe.

well im here to report on sainsbury £5.00/bottle Malmec...as supplied by whitebridges....................

this stuff is very nice as soon as you get the top off.............it is light ...smooth ...zingy...many different fruity flavours.............................but left to be drunk or finished on the 2nd day...it reverts to an ordinary tasting red.......

well worth a buy :good:

53 minutes ago, ditchman said:

well im here to report on sainsbury £5.00/bottle Malmec...as supplied by whitebridges....................

this stuff is very nice as soon as you get the top off.............it is light ...smooth ...zingy...many different fruity flavours.............................but left to be drunk or finished on the 2nd day...it reverts to an ordinary tasting red.......

well worth a buy :good:

Then don't leave it to spoil man!:rolleyes::P

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/01/2019 at 18:26, Pigeon Shredder. said:

Get yourself into Aldi for a bottle of Kooliburra Australia Shiraz, £3.99, let it warm and breathe, no kiss of life, and then tell me l'm wrong.

It's good wine at any price.

This is what I drink most of the time, its so good its often sold out.

Then I have to buy something at £4.09, shock horror the expense!

10 hours ago, ditchman said:

christ thats cheap.............

Like most things you don’t need to spend a fortune on something good.

A Baikal is a shotgun, it’s not expensive but does exactly the same as a Miroku will.

A CZ is a rifle, also not expensive but does exactly the same as a Tikka will.

People will spend exorbitant amounts on things that impress others, wine included.

Take a trip into Aldi and buy said wine Simon, you won’t be disappointed.

5 hours ago, Stephen-H said:

Yellow tail merlot is nice wine if you shop around you can get it for £6.50 a bottle on offer normally around the £7.50 mark per bottle 

Bought many cases of it at The Calais Wine Superstore for less than £4:00 a bottle, also many cases of their Shiraz at the same price,  plus a large amount of St Omer beer at 52 pence per 500 ml.

If you pre order £200 worth of wine/beer they pay for your Euro Tunnel crossing, in my case l left home at 05:30 and was home at 13:00 with a very large saving on UK prices, fuel included.

10 hours ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

Bought many cases of it at The Calais Wine Superstore for less than £4:00 a bottle, also many cases of their Shiraz at the same price,  plus a large amount of St Omer beer at 52 pence per 500 ml.

If you pre order £200 worth of wine/beer they pay for your Euro Tunnel crossing, in my case l left home at 05:30 and was home at 13:00 with a very large saving on UK prices, fuel included.

We send a lot of bottles out at Christmas to clients as a thank you for the business through out the year so this is really handy to know!. I'm not a massive fan of there white wine range the pinot is nice light and drinkable but the chardonnay is very strong with vanilla to me & I don't even bother with sauvignon blanc! 

6 minutes ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

One that l’m just sampling from Aldi’s, The Big Gun, a fine red billed as “not for the faint hearted”, and “an pistol it’s not”.

And l must say it’s hitting the parts others haven’t of late so early into the bottle.

I gave my Son a case of that as one of his 21st Birthday presents last year!:good:

Very well received it was too!

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 07:48, Stephen-H said:

We send a lot of bottles out at Christmas to clients as a thank you for the business through out the year so this is really handy to know!. I'm not a massive fan of there white wine range the pinot is nice light and drinkable but the chardonnay is very strong with vanilla to me & I don't even bother with sauvignon blanc! 

Stop drinking the wife's wine then!:rolleyes:

I drink my fair share of reds.  A few years ago,some friends put us on to making our own.  I had bad memories of trying this in the past but thought I'd give it a shot. They lent us a fermenter and an airlock ...we just bought a "kit"

unbelievably easy even when you take the time to read every line of the instructions!

we are hooked. Initial cost isn't great, we make 5 gallons at a time and this produces 28/30 bottles a time at about £2.50/£3.00 per bottle

wife has the Rosé

i have Chilean Merlot/Shiraz/Rioja  they are all very drinkable and you don't appreciate the strength until you try to stand up! Pure milk of amnesia.

we just bottle it in any old wine bottles we have ( sterilised ) but keep the old labels on. Quite amusing when we take a few bottles to parties as it's always in the wrong bottles. Reds in Chardonnay bottles, Rosé in green bottles ...whatever we have really. Causes a few chuckles watching folk reading the labels saying..."oh I like this one" or "this is nicer than that one" when it's all the same

if we havnt had time to bottle a batch (7 grandchildren take up a lot of time !) wife has been known to 'soup ladle' it out of fermenter straight into the glass

From walking out of the Homebrew shop to being paralytic can be as little as 5 weeks if the temp and conditions are correct.  Starting 5g of Rosé tomorrow

Years ago a Mate and I called on another Mates home and his Father offered us a glass of wine, we both chose red but martin asked for a sweet version.

I got the basic Boots red kit and martin had the same with a crushed Sweetex tablet added.

The lad we were visiting couldn't contain his laughter when his Dad left the room and he told us his dad just "doctored" the same home made red to try and match peoples tastes.

Rapidly became known as "What Vintage is that Wine? Last Tuesday!!