Youtube

Scully

3 hours ago, ehb102 said:

We live in a world of information now. You can't hide anything. Shooting needs a good and respectful presence on the web. It's a big part of making shooting accessible. We need to be out there's visible, showing what we do is good and has a purpose. Look at the TV program Jodie Marsh did with a shooter. Jodie doesn't eat meat but she's on board with pest control because now she understands it. 

The antis are no bad thing for shooting. So long as their argument is "killing things is wrong" then the majority of people are going to write them off as the fringe element. Much more dangerous would be shooters who turn away from the sport declaring it to be rotten with low standards of care and quality. The public don't mind you killing animals, but they do mind torturing animals. Shooters need to be held to account, all the time, and self policing is never enough for any system. All systems grow complacent and then corruption creeps in. Better to have outside challenge keeping us on our toes.

i couldn't agree more, and education is the sports best ally. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its no different than books and magazines. Theyve been out for years, centuries in fact. 

This thread has gone to the dogs tbh

And as for the blood sports? Is that what its called now? Fml. Shooting pests or putting meat in the freezer, maybe making a living - is now blood sports? Stick with clays mate, if your so worried about ammo, ive just read a post of yours with your telephone number on, on a open forum. Id be more worried about that than a youtube vid of bambi or whatever getting shot

You make it sound as if prior to the web people were unaware that animals were killed for either meat or sport! And you suggest we’re blinkered? 

As a kid I was aware whales were killed for food by the Japanese, and that dogs were mistreated prior to being chopped up for food in China, and bears were kept captive and tapped for some misguided idea of Chinese medicine, and that bulls were killed in Spain for entertainment, or swathes of elephants were killed for ivory, or other game for trophies. We didn’t have the web but I was aware of all those things. None of the aforementioned may sit well with much of the general public, but it’s not due to the internet nor in particular to YouTube! Antis are antis; they didn’t come into existence due to the internet or YouTube. Blinkered? Not me. 

7 minutes ago, fister said:

Yes, that's clearly a YouTube video with kill shots isn't it, I doff my cap to you

You mean theyre asleep , and you didnt actually kill any of them ?

Does it make a difference if the picture or video is at the actual point of the kill ?
If you think it does, then I doff my cap to you.

11 minutes ago, fister said:

Yes, that's clearly a YouTube video with kill shots isn't it, I doff my cap to you

Oh sorry, it’s just ‘kill shots’ people find offensive or upsetting is it, as opposed to upwards of 20 slain animals laid out to pose for a photograph? 😀👍

Edited by Scully

2 minutes ago, fister said:

That’s better, now you are catching up

Kinda cheating though as that is on a member shooting forum

Its a public forum Chris, anyone can see it, but thats not the point, I didnt set out to have a dig at you , but dont you think its somewhat hypocritical to denounce people who watch Youtube videos as those that are damaging the sport, whilst you promote hunting in a freely available magazine and internet presence ?

You do a lot to promote shooting sports, but I think the more people who 'understand' firearms and field sports, whether they watch on Youtube or in magazines the better.
There will always be antis, there was antis before the internet.
I try and get as many people as I cn into shooting, whether its clays, targets or hunting, it gets rid of the 'fear' factor around guns.
This cannot be a bad thing.

Maybe you should be more careful where you post your pictures of shot animals fister; you don’t know whos’s looking in. Dont you know social media is littered with complaints over kill photos.....oh, but of course you do, cos it was you who said it! 

You couldn’t make it up! 🙂

I wqtch loads of vids on the net and i can be watching dog training one minute to red stag stalking in scotland. I have sub to about 15 different channels.

Been watching srs power before i got my fac thought he was good. My knowledge now after using rimfire has totally changed on him.

Robin foxer is a good watch

Mcqbushcraft is also good 

Verminhuntersuk is a bit annoying but gets some good shots

The obvious 260rips is excellent shot

Freedomofbird using his 17hmr is really good.

I have just been watching hintersvermin  and started his vids from beginning and a really good watch.

Thats my opinion but everyone is different  

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/02/2019 at 09:07, Davetyler said:

I wqtch loads of vids on the net and i can be watching dog training one minute to red stag stalking in scotland. I have sub to about 15 different channels.

Been watching srs power before i got my fac thought he was good. My knowledge now after using rimfire has totally changed on him.

Robin foxer is a good watch

Mcqbushcraft is also good 

Verminhuntersuk is a bit annoying but gets some good shots

The obvious 260rips is excellent shot

Freedomofbird using his 17hmr is really good.

I have just been watching hintersvermin  and started his vids from beginning and a really good watch.

Thats my opinion but everyone is different  

I've just unsubscribed from SRS. Not only have I been questioning his knowledge and ability as others have mentioned, but his last video regarding depression really wound me up. I also commented on the video to voice my thoughts and got a very poor reply. 

YouTube I feel is a great platform for information and learning provided you sift the wheat from the chaff. Antis using it to fuel their campaigns is not and issue in my mind. Their has always been ways for anti shooting organisations to find information way before the internet.

They only down side to the internet and therefore YouTube is information overload and what information you can trust or not. So much information which can quite often be conflicting. 

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

Well SRS - turns out I'm depressed - but only after watching your last episode. Leave mental health issues to those that know what they are talking about.

Couldn't agree more. From his video it's clear has a PhD in mental health *cough*

5 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Well SRS - turns out I'm depressed - but only after watching your last episode. Leave mental health issues to those that know what they are talking about.

Could not agree more. If only he would leave the shooting issues to people who actually know what they are talking about