Brexit - merged threads

scouser

7 minutes ago, Scully said:

I genuinely believe the government gave us the vote believing we would vote to remain. They then gave the job of negotiating the leave process to someone who doesn't want to leave. 

All Tories. They have nowhere to hide. 

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Scully said:

I agree entirely regarding the French, and as deep seated as my hatred for authority is, it has been my tickets for the best part of thirty five years which have kept me on the right side of the law, so I can't see me doing anything to jeopardise that. I know for a fact I would find it extremely hard to resist confrontation if faced with provocation by those who would thwart the democratic process, which is exactly what they would hope for.

I can hope for and advocate civil unrest from the safety of my armchair, and accept that as hypocritical as that may make me, I would, for the sake of my tickets, be staying away, even if the sun were shining. 🙂

I am willing to bet a goodly sum, that within 3 years of Corbyn getting into power, you will not have a ticket! Labour gets support from RSPCA, RSPB, and ALL the animal lib bodies! Plus the Greens will support him, as will Limp / Dumbs !  And you will only get a 50% compensation for your shooting stuff. Think it wont happen because too many wealthy people shoot? That,s what they said a bout hunting, and we all know what happened there! First move in every Marxist state, is the removal of privately held firearms!

1 minute ago, oowee said:

They have nothing to lose either, and there can be no better example of this than that of Cameron as he simply walked away from his role as PM. Had enough? Then simply walk away without a worry in the world; nothing like the real world at all. 

34 minutes ago, oowee said:

Seems to me that despite all of the bluster on here blaming EU and Corbyn for all the ills of Brexit it's the Tories that are in power. The Tories that put the vote on the table. The Tories were presumably cognisant of the issues that would need to be resolved as part of the process. 

The people voted out and the Tories that have delivered a dogs dinner in return.

Or the Tories had no idea what they were doing and played fast and loose with the electorate. 

It's no wonder that people are so frustrated with the whole fiasco.

and Labour were squeaky clean? This has been a disaster caused by all the Remainers in Parliament! All of them!

2 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

I am willing to bet a goodly sum, that within 3 years of Corbyn getting into power, you will not have a ticket! Labour gets support from RSPCA, RSPB, and ALL the animal lib bodies! Plus the Greens will support him, as will Limp / Dumbs !  And you will only get a 50% compensation for your shooting stuff. Think it wont happen because too many wealthy people shoot? That,s what they said a bout hunting, and we all know what happened there! First move in every Marxist state, is the removal of privately held firearms!

I don't agree with any of that at all. Corbyn will never get into power for a start, and most of the laws which have effected firearms legislation have come about through the Tories. 

10 minutes ago, besty57 said:

Just not in the uk.

Correct!

9 minutes ago, oowee said:

And Labour? C,mon Oowee, they  have been backstabbing democracy right from the start! Remember, 490 MPs voted for a Referendum! They also voted to respect the result! Both major parties included Brexit in their 2017 manifestos...............I realise you are a Corbyn lover, but do you honestly think Labour would have done better? With Starmer controlling things from the rear?

5 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I didn't say that. The original question posed to me was a leading one, hence my guarded reply.

Don,t you like direct questions?  Just like most politicians?

5 minutes ago, Scully said:

I don't agree with any of that at all. Corbyn will never get into power for a start, and most of the laws which have effected firearms legislation have come about through the Tories. 

They said UKIP would never force a Referendum...?  Corbyn has a very good chance now of getting into power! I detest the so and so, but I am not oblivious to his pull on the Labour heartlands! As for Tory legislation, Dunblane?  The Tories were in power when  Harry Roberts killed 3 policemen, and in power when Michael Ryan went on the ramapage in Hungerford. Public opinion pushed them into legislation....Corbyn will find a way to do the same! Watch this space!

6 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

And Labour? C,mon Oowee, they  have been backstabbing democracy right from the start! Remember, 490 MPs voted for a Referendum! They also voted to respect the result! Both major parties included Brexit in their 2017 manifestos...............I realise you are a Corbyn lover, but do you honestly think Labour would have done better? With Starmer controlling things from the rear?

Labour are in opposition they are not in power the Tories are. The vote was not their doing it was the Tories. No one else to blame but themselves. 

4 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

Correct!

Don,t you like direct questions?  Just like most politicians?

I'm good with direct questions. you seem angry, considered therapy?

1 minute ago, pinfireman said:

They said UKIP would never force a Referendum...?  Corbyn has a very good chance now of getting into power! I detest the so and so, but I am not oblivious to his pull on the Labour heartlands! As for Tory legislation, Dunblane?  The Tories were in power when  Harry Roberts killed 3 policemen, and in power when Michael Ryan went on the ramapage in Hungerford. Public opinion pushed them into legislation....Corbyn will find a way to do the same! Watch this space!

Same with Brexit? Sign of good management pushed here and there on a whim? 

Just now, oowee said:

Labour are in opposition they are not in power the Tories are. The vote was not their doing it was the Tories. No one else to blame but themselves. 

The "vote"....you mean the Referendum? So you were opposed to us having one?  Or just opposed to the democratically  produced result?

1 minute ago, pinfireman said:

If you want to debate firearms legislation then we can start another thread, but 'Dunblane?' Yes, the Tories proposed the banning of CF handguns following Dunblane.