Brexit - merged threads

scouser

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Why is it baffling ? The man needed a rest from it all.

To say that all hes capable of is heckling and rhetoric, shows that your judgement is severely impaired, and slewed towards a left wing , remain agenda.

Correct! The only Party Leader not to have been given  police protection during the  Referendum.............his kids threatened,  fake news used against him! He was the bogeyman that threatened the Establishment, and for that alone he deserves a medal ! Without him, and his party, there would NEVER have been a referendum!

2 hours ago, toxo said:

Farage stepped away because the job was done!

How could anyone foresee our own parliament having the audacity to put themselves above the will of the people they are supposed to represent!

Correct!

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

Not always at all, Blair was hugely pro Europe, as was Brown and Harold Wilson held a referendum in 1975 and campaigned for remain as did most of his senior team including Denis Healey, Jim Callaghan and Roy Jenkins.  Kinnock was also very pro Europe as Labour (opposition) leader.

True! 

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

The cause being?

If you read back from yesterday I was asking how we start making progress on reconciliation of the people, in our democracy it is supposed to be the people that are sovereign. Nothing philosophical about that. I actually don't understand your point about philosophy. Surely this is more about ideology.

Reconciliation? You mean sit on our hands, and do nothing, whilst the troughers in Parliament continue to take the urine? It seems all you want us to do is be good little boys, and not rock the boat? If our ancestors had done this, we would NEVER have had a vote!

4 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

Please quote how Farage mislead us?  It seems as though you are trying to  besmirch any opposition that might spring up after the May sellout?

Here's one for starters; his immediate backtracking over the £350M per week.

I'm doing nothing of the sort fella, I'm just a normal bloke with different views to you.

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

I'm doing nothing of the sort fella, I'm just a normal bloke with different views to you.

Please give us something other than the £350 million...whick the LEAVE Campaign came up with! Lead by Dominic Cummings, not Farage................it,s the ONLY thing Remoaners can come up with....How about ALL the fake promises and threats from Remain,s Project Fear?

Just now, Gordon R said:

I am unclear as to why Nigel Farage is suddenly taking stick. Out of the shambles negotiations and Labour's complete lack of policy, he is the only one to emerge with any credit.

Easy Gordon, because the Remoaners are aware that he alone can  stir up opposition to May,s sellout!  All the other Leavers have been silenced!  It,s a pre-emptive strike against Farage and his new party.

5 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Somehow Raja, I doubt that.....

3 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

Please give us something other than the £350 million...whick the LEAVE Campaign came up with! Lead by Dominic Cummings, not Farage................it,s the ONLY thing Remoaners can come up with....How about ALL the fake promises and threats from Remain,s Project Fear?

Easy Gordon, because the Remoaners are aware that he alone can  stir up opposition to May,s sellout!  All the other Leavers have been silenced!  It,s a pre-emptive strike against Farage and his new party.

Somehow Raja, I doubt that.....

2. Lies over UK immigration

3. Lies over global immigration

4. Lies over the EU being unelected

5. Lies over the proportion of UK law derived from the EU

He talks well, he like many of his populist brethren talk in sound bites and use phrases that appeal to all our individual and collective biases whilst throwing in lies and untruths.

Can you not see the irony of constantly referring to remainers as remoaners - this is likely to come back and bite some people (hard!)

I'm not singling Farage out but he sold you a pup then all but disappeared. To be fair he does deserve credit for distancing himself from UKIP.

Sorry but you doubt what?

11 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Fickleness on this thread

Terrible isnt it ?

You would be right here doing the same if we had a leave government and remain won.
How would YOU feel if remain had got 52% of the vote but we ended up leaving anyway, after a long drawn out abuse of democratic process ?
Its that smug attitude where you think youre on the right side of the divide that gets me, try walking in someone elses shoes.

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Image may contain: one or more people and text

A Churchill 'quote' ? Funny.

Here is the the real thing from a letter to Anthony Eden written in October 1942..

'Hard as it is to say now.. I look forward to a United States of Europe, in which the barriers between the nations will be greatly minimised and unrestricted travel will be possible.'

Or from his 1946 speech in Zurich...‘We must build a kind of United States of Europe.. The structure of the United States of Europe, if well and truly built, will be such as to make the material strength of a single state less important.. If at first all the States of Europe are not willing or able to join the Union, we must nevertheless proceed to assemble and combine those who will and those who can.'

You do Churchill a disservice by making him out to be some kind of petty little John Bull. He was very much an internationalist.

3 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Not always at all, Blair was hugely pro Europe, as was Brown and Harold Wilson held a referendum in 1975 and campaigned for remain as did most of his senior team including Denis Healey, Jim Callaghan and Roy Jenkins.  Kinnock was also very pro Europe as Labour (opposition) leader.

Thank you  John, I had forgotten about the liebors. Age and boredom possibly dimming care.

10 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

A Churchill 'quote' ? Funny.

A. Its not a Churchill quote, read the top

10 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

'Hard as it is to say now.. I look forward to a United States of Europe, in which the barriers between the nations will be greatly minimised and unrestricted travel will be possible.'

B. He also stated 'We are with Europe but not of it'  and 'If it is choice between Europe and the open sea, Britain will always choose the open sea'

He like the idea of a U.S. of  E , but he never intended Britain to join it , much less be governed by it.

19 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

You do Churchill a disservice by making him out to be some kind of petty little John Bull. He was very much an internationalist.

A petty John Bull  ?  :lol: He a also, according to some, a white supremacist and 'colonialist'  
You remember your Labour remainers dissing him off as a villain 2 weeks a go, and you tell me I do him a disservice ?

Hilarious !

48 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Terrible isnt it ?

You would be right here doing the same if we had a leave government and remain won.
How would YOU feel if remain had got 52% of the vote but we ended up leaving anyway, after a long drawn out abuse of democratic process ?
Its that smug attitude where you think youre on the right side of the divide that gets me, try walking in someone elses shoes.

Yes, it is terrible.That's the tragedy of all this, whatever happens around 50% of the population are doing to be seriously disenfranchised. It's nigh on hopeless and precisely why there should have been no referendum in the first place.

I'm not intentionally being smug, there's still a long way for this to go and I reckon it's gonna run and run and run, meanwhile pretty much everything else is on the back-burner. If the EU is a nefarious as soon would suggest then they must be truly rubbing their hands together in glee. Very sad.

Yes, it is terrible.That's the tragedy of all this, whatever happens around 50% of the population are doing to be seriously disenfranchised. It's nigh on hopeless and precisely why there should have been no referendum in the first place.

That is truly disastrous !
Its a good job when we have a general election, everyone in the country gets the political party they voted for into power 😆

And no referendum ? Why not just ignore the electorate anyway and not give them one ? Its not like were going to vote to leave anyway is it ?
Or if the SHTF , we'll just stall, and then ignore the leave result anyway, who cares about majority votes and democracy eh ?
Jesus !

6 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I'm not intentionally being smug, there's still a long way for this to go and I reckon it's gonna run and run and run, meanwhile pretty much everything else is on the back-burner. If the EU is a nefarious as soon would suggest then they must be truly rubbing their hands together in glee. Very sad.

They are rubbing their hands 😂 drawing up the jobs list for whoever has 'helped ' wreck the process, have you not seen their behaviour ?
If they take their eyes away from us for a minute, they might notice the rest of Europe crumbling and burning around them.
If youre going to be a remain fan boy, at least keep up to date with whats happening.

Why should there have been no referendum in the first place? We are one of the few countries putting money into the EU, with little to show for it. The referendum was long overdue.

We might as well cancel all elections, as the losers will feel disenfranchised.

Just now, Gordon R said:

Why should there have been no referendum in the first place? We are one of the few countries putting money into the EU, with little to show for it. The referendum was long overdue.

We might as well cancel all elections, as the losers will feel disenfranchised.

Stating the obvious but election results normally last five years. You were implying Brexit should persist for at least a generation?

4 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

They are rubbing their hands 😂 drawing up the jobs list for whoever has 'helped ' wreck the process, have you not seen their behaviour ?
If they take their eyes away from us for a minute, they might notice the rest of Europe crumbling and burning around them.
If youre going to be a remain fan boy, at least keep up to date with whats happening.

Yes i have seen the behaviour and detest it and I'm not pro EU. I think we want to see the same end goal but clearly have different views on the best way to achieve it.

I was trying to show empathy here and you bring up "remain fan boy", well yes I'd rather be a remain fan boy than an Osama Bin Brexit fantasist.

7 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

there's still a long way for this to go and I reckon it's gonna run and run and run,

Go and ask the Swiss about that. They're locked in never ending negotiation with the EU.

And that's one of the points that the hardliners never seem able to grasp. No matter what happens in March, the UK will not be 'free of' the EU. It won't be the end, it will get the start. We'll just be at the start of an extremely long and tortuous journey of negotiation with a bigger and stronger neighbour who by dint of it's geographic location and power we will be forced into accomodating time and time again - because unfortunately that's just how the real world works. There are going to be a lot of very, very disillusioned people about.

I was trying to show empathy here and you bring up "remain fan boy"

I dont need empathy, and you seem to fight the remain corner well, so if the cap fits...

3 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

an Osama Bin Brexit fantasist.

That is genuinely funny ! But could be a hate crime , watch yourself :lol:

Just now, Retsdon said:

Go and ask the Swiss about that. They're locked in never ending negotiation with the EU.

And that's one of the points that the hardliners never seem able to grasp. No matter what happens in March, the UK will not be 'free of' the EU. It won't be the end, it will get the start. We'll just be at the start of an extremely long and tortuous journey of negotiation with a bigger and stronger neighbour who by dint of it's geographic location and power we will be forced into accomodating time and time again - because unfortunately that's just how the real world works. There are going to be a lot of very, very disillusioned people about.

which is one of the reasons there should never have been a referendum in the first place. 

I believe the EU will fail, what's not clear if us being in or out assists or hinders that process, I guess only time will tell.

3 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

a. bigger and stronger neighbour who by dint of it's geographic location and power we will be forced into accomodating  saving time and time again - because unfortunately that's just how the real world works

Youre not wrong there..