The Irishman

Scully

Tried it and gave up.halfway through, great cast but it's dull as ditchwater. Like a typical Italian American gangster mob film but stretched out to a boring 31/2 hours. Goodfellas or godfathers it is not.

I was expecting great things, not to be bored ridgid 

Edited by figgy

• 4 weeks later...

It was superbly acted and the computer effects, to make them look younger, were excellent. I found it hard work - watched 1 1/2 hours and gave up. Went back and watched the next two hours. I almost wished I hadn't. 

It was repetitive and lacked drama. Not a patch on "Once upon a time in America", which is probably the best film I have ever seen.

On 27/11/2019 at 21:12, figgy said:

Tried it and gave up.halfway through, great cast but it's dull as ditchwater. Like a typical Italian American gangster mob film but stretched out to a boring 31/2 hours. Goodfellas or godfathers it is not.

I was expecting great things, not to be bored ridgid 

Totally agree with you figgy. I gave up too. A great cast but so sad to see so many fantastic actors failing to recognise that you cannot turn back time. 

1 hour ago, muncher said:

I thought it was ok ,but the fight scene when he beat up the store keeper was very poor.

SWMBO actually burst out laughing we she saw this. DeNiro appeared to be beating the store keeper up in unintentional slow motion

Edited by yates

It's the marathons that I can't face. I watched most of the first series of Game of Thrones but when I found out ( at the time) that there were three series and counting, I gave it up. Because basically anything of that length is an incontinent soap that's just click counting or its equivalent. 3.5 hours is about doable. That's like Lonesome Dove. And that was one of the best series ever made.