Self isolation

big bad lindz

So for those who are unfortunately having to self isolate what are you doing ? 

How about watching a box set. A  good one to watch (IMO) is the Ship. The current crisis that the world is facing is no doubt, in the future, going to be a topic for a movie, like a lot of world disasters, natural and man made but the Ship has already done this.  give it a go and tell us what you think. 

Other than feeling **** I have dusted PS4 and steering wheel off and I’m gonna do a season of f1 as it’s not on to watch and when I feel better will get out and shoot some pigeons as I can still be alone 

Edited by Jacko3275

Funny, I just came on to start a similar thread.

For anyone who hasn't seen Narcos - Mexico it's pretty good. As are the preceding 2 series on Pablo Escobar, starring Pedro Pascal.

Whilst we're mentioning Pedro, I believe you can now get Disney TV in the UK. Well worth a month's money to watch The Mandalorian.

There are two series of Mindhunter out, both very good. A look at the founding of the behavioural  sciences unit of the FBI. Cameron Brittain who plays Ed Kemper is outstanding.

Seeing as I only started mine today, going to service all my hedge cutting gear, fix my chainsaw, sell some guns, stock up on ammo, bash some squirrels, have some more slush puppies and drink in the day. 

Basically what I do on Sundays but for the next 14 days.... Providing I ain't hanging out of my *** 

1 hour ago, strimmer_13 said:

Seeing as I only started mine today, going to service all my hedge cutting gear, fix my chainsaw, sell some guns, stock up on ammo, bash some squirrels, have some more slush puppies and drink in the day. 

Basically what I do on Sundays but for the next 14 days.... Providing I ain't hanging out of my *** 

Just make sure you don't end up having some more guns, stocking up on squirrels or drinking your chainsaw! 😀

How are you feeling?

To anyone currently symptomatic - are you scared?  I haven't really seen/heard anyone asking or answering that question.

33 minutes ago, Jim Neal said:

Just make sure you don't end up having some more guns, stocking up on squirrels or drinking your chainsaw! 😀

How are you feeling?

To anyone currently symptomatic - are you scared?  I haven't really seen/heard anyone asking or answering that question.

Sore throat, coughing. Standard day. 

Slightly worried if it gets bad as only in the last few months I've been having heart problems. Honestly I'm more concerned about my 4 y/o getting ill for no other reason that I don't like to see him hurt. He's heathly as thankfully. 

Apart from that I'm generally so arrogant about my wellbeing it doesn't bother me and I shall not let it get to me if possible 

Yeah I'm dreading my little boy coming down with the virus, he's going to be 4 at the end of July.  It hurts you when they're hurting and the poor things are so helpless.  However the upside with kids is they're so resilient with viruses, generally they take it in their stride and bounce back really quickly.

I suppose it is slightly scary for yourself if your ticker's not 100% but apply a bit of logic to it - you've not got a big list of things that make you a prime candidate for snuffing it so do the best you can to look after yourself mate you'll be right.

One situation I'm dreading is me, my other half and the kid all coming down with it at the same time.  We've had that before with a bug that was going round and there's literally nobody who can come and help you.  You feel like absolute death, it's 4am, you've had no sleep and the nipper is beside himself and you can do nothing for him.

I'm in quarantine having been to a European hot spot, but still working full on getting further resilience measures in place for my clients.  Also trying to take advantage of getting as much genuinely billable work done as I can while there is still an appetite for people to pay for it.

2 hours ago, AVB said:

I had a gazebo delivered today. I will need to put it together (once the builders have finished with the base for the hot tub). When the wife saw what was delivered she laughed. 

A White Pavilion gazebo by any chance?