mel b3

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, gdadphil said:

Hi Mel and Lin 

I am a happy user of your hard work!

this sounds a cracking idea (can I suggest you get direction on what's needed from a medic?)

suggest local care-home workers would be interested they don't have the same logistic infrastructure as NHS

atb

Gdadphil

Already done Phil.  They're for the maternity unit at a hospital in Birmingham,  the requirements are already sorted , I was just waiting for the ok from donators before cracking on with things.

1 hour ago, amateur said:

Anything that works and eases the NHS/care home staff load

Thankyou gents 👍.

Her good self is about to swap machines .I reckon she'll be glad of the change from masks , she's been sewing in a mask and gloves for two weeks , her hands and face remind me of a welder that I used to work with 😷.

If she isn't too tired later ,I'll get her to post a couple of pics of the bags.

20 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Thankyou gents 👍.

Her good self is about to swap machines .I reckon she'll be glad of the change from masks , she's been sewing in a mask and gloves for two weeks , her hands and face remind me of a welder that I used to work with 😷.

If she isn't too tired later ,I'll get her to post a couple of pics of the bags.

hello, look forward to see some photos of these new bags when Lin is able to post.

49 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, look forward to see some photos of these new bags when Lin is able to post.

They aren’t very exciting,  they're just like a grey pump bag that school kids use . She said that the first 40 /50 should be ready today. I'll be passing them along tomorrow hopefully. 

2 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

They aren’t very exciting,  they're just like a grey pump bag that school kids use . She said that the first 40 /50 should be ready today. I'll be passing them along tomorrow hopefully. 

hello, thanks mel, just had to google what a pump bag was like ???  now remember what my boys kept their PE/swimming kit was in, such a long time ago😀

9 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, thanks mel, just had to google what a pump bag was like ???  now remember what my boys kept their PE/swimming kit was in, such a long time ago😀

On the upside , I've asked for a couple of pictures of nurses with the bags 👍.

On 11/04/2020 at 13:00, mel b3 said:

Already done Phil.  They're for the maternity unit at a hospital in Birmingham,  the requirements are already sorted , I was just waiting for the ok from donators before cracking on with things.

The promised envelope will be arriving this week mel. Apologies for the delay message in the envelope.  N

12 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

The promised envelope will be arriving this week mel. Apologies for the delay message in the envelope.  N

evening nev. were all covered for donations at the moment mate , but a letter is always welcome :good:.

hiya guys ,

just a quick update on where your donations have been spent .

following a request from nurses in the maternity department at the QE hospital in birmingham , for scrubs bags , lin used some of the materials payed for by yourselves , to make the bags . the bags are so that uniforms can be put into them whilst at work , then carried home more safely , and placed straight into the washing machine when at home (still in the bag). my understanding is so that it helps to avoid bringing anything unwanted home.her good self has made around 50 ish of the bags so far , and i think(i should know shortly) that more bags will be made , and passed on to other departments.

heres a couple of pics that were taken this morning .

MASKS.

the requests for masks have dropped significantly(zero today) over the last few days , so i can only assume , that anyone that needs them , already has them , so this will be a last call for the masks .so if you need masks , shout up now guys , well keep making them for as long as their is a need though.

im not sure exactly where we are with funds at the moment (shes not here to ask) , but i know that their is still plenty , and ill bring you up to speed when her good self is here.

STAY SAFE GUYS.:good:

IMG-20200414-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20200414-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20200414-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20200414-WA0003.jpg