face masks

mel b3

Morning guys .

Yesterday's requests were all filled , and we still have masks to spare , if anyone is in need of masks , just get in touch.

Her good self was taking a day off today , to give her fingers a bit of time to heal,  but she's said that she'll be back to full speed tomorrow 👍

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hiya guys,

we have more masks ready to go , so anyone in need , or if you have a friend or relative in need , please feel free to drop me a pm , and well get a mask or masks , on the way to them.

MESSAGE FROM HER GOOD SELF.

thank you very much for your kind donations(shes actually overwhelmed ) , but can you please stop sending money now , as weve got too much(shes starting to panic because shes got everyone's money).

MESSAGE FROM ME

as i posted previously , its evident that many of you guys have sent donations (even when you didnt want a mask) , so that you can do your bit to help those that either cant afford them , or just cant get them . weve been touched by your generosity(not that i expected anything less gents) , and your fighting spirit , and i completely understand your desire to help , so please feel free to send donations , but please please please , only very small ones now gents . if any funds are left over at the end , they will be handed to a charity of your choosing . ive also had instructions from many generous members "if you need more money mel , just ask".

i hope sincerely that this current mess were in , will be over as quickly as possible , and the need for masks is soon over.

this is the current financial situation.

donations sent = £601.00

donations spent on materials and postage = £297.17

donations still in the mask fund =£303.83

materials still in stock (fabric and elastic ).    yards and yards of fabric , and approximately a quarter of a mile of elastic , and roughly fifty stamps(first class large letter £1.15 per stamp and this will cover up to six masks) , this will make a few hundred more masks , and their is plenty of money left  to cover postage. the masks only cost pennies to make , and most of the cost is postage .

ive asked how many masks have already been sent out , and the nearest guesstimate  is , bloody hundreds.

thank you again for your generosity guys , as always , youve gone above and beyond .

2 hours ago, mel b3 said:

ive asked how many masks have already been sent out , and the nearest guesstimate  is , bloody hundreds.

So that's bloody hundreds of folk who now have protection that wouldn't have had!

cant find a Pat on the back icon, so this will have to do

👍🏅😷🍷

3 minutes ago, Diver One said:

So that's bloody hundreds of folk who now have protection that wouldn't have had!

cant find a Pat on the back icon, so this will have to do

👍🏅😷🍷

thankyou.

we know that these masks dont offer a good enough level of protection , nothing really does , but theyre an extra barrier that we should all be using at the moment.:good:

39 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Hello Mel,

Message sent.

I've just replied Paul.  They'll be on the way asap mate.

Guys if anyone is in need of a mask or two just shout up . Please don't by shy about asking , as everyone is more than welcome. 👍.

3 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, cheers mel and lin :good:will see what i can buy from your shop when this difficult time is over, cheers

excellent gordon :good:, thankyou . i reckon lin might give up sewing for good after the mask marathon:yes:.

UPDATE FOR DONATORS.

all request for masks have been filled , and we have more ready to go ,  as and when theyre asked for , so if you need a mask , just ask.

gentlemen , ive been following the visor thread by mad1 , and his lad .  connor is doing very good works , and his visors are now being distributed to the people that need them most . lin and myself are only too aware of the costs of production and postage of these items , so we thought that it might be a good idea , to pass along some of the donations that were very generously forwarded to us by you all , so as to spread the load , and get more items to those in need of them. we have forwarded £100.00 to mad1  this evening , this should give connor the opportunity to build and distribute more visors. i sincerely hope that this is agreeable to all of the donators.

Hi all,

Just to say a massive thank you to Mel and Lin and ultimately all of you who where so generous to be able to help fund us.

Thank you all for your support as I'm sure if you follow our threads you will see where they are going and also we are getting mentioned in the local papers I will also make them aware that we have been helped from yourselves.So far we have sent out over 190 and and getting more requests each day , this will enable us to continue to make these for those who require and need them.

Again thank you and please be safe...

Scott and Connor 

Edited by mad1

Thank you gents . I would have preferred to have contacted all donators first to ask permission , but over this last few weeks , the normal ways of doing things have pretty much gone out of the window 👍

53 minutes ago, spurs 14 said:

Great idea will helping mad 1 and his lad , please just shout out if money is getting low , and well done again for all your doing 

thankyou , it seemed like the best way to get help to where it was needed ,  and thank you for your very generous offer  , donations are still coming in at the moment , so we have more than enough in the coffers . i sincerely hope that the need for masks will very soon be over.

if anyone needs a mask , dont be shy , just shout up :good:.

hiya guys,

weve got plenty of masks in reserve now , so just shout up if you want one.

other business.

the demand for masks has slowed down considerably now , so we were thinking that lin might spend another day making masks(to have a few in reserve) , and then turn production and materials , over to making bags that nurses / care workers , can use to put their uniforms into before taking them home to wash . it means that the possibly contaminated uniforms , are contained in the bags , and go straight into the washing machine when they get home . im just waiting on an answer back from one of the hospitals that were asking for them.

have any of the donators got any thoughts or objections ?.