face masks

mel b3

UPDATED POST.

good evening guys .

a couple of days ago , her good self decided to shut down her regular business for a few weeks(or as long as is needed) , and start producing face masks full time .

shes currently making them as fast as she possibly can , but obviously , demand is rather high at the moment , im also flat out at work , so please be patient.

the idea for the masks , and the technical information , came from a doctor that produces his own masks , and the design came from a craft site .

the masks are washable and reusable , and additional basic filters can be added if wanted(they arent really needed) , eg , tissue , coffee filter paper , wet then dried tissue , dried baby wipes , dried anti bacterial wipes , charcoal filters , and the filters are to be changed after every use , and the masks are to be washed regularly.

the masks arent up to surgical standards , nor would they be any good for spraying your car.

priority for the masks , would obviously be given to the older members of the site , or those in greater need .

the masks are steam sterilized , then sealed into a ziplok bag

they come in two sizes , man size , with elastic that goes around the back of the head , and lady/teenager size , with elastic that goes over the ears . her good self will be working on child sizes when she can.

as is to be expected , demand is rather high at the moment , so please dont ask for lots of masks , two per household is pretty much all that we can reasonably manage.

serious note . i trust that nobody from pw would put these masks up for sale at any price.

the cost.

the masks are completely free , and we will be paying for the postage out of our own pockets , however , if you are in a financial position to make a small donation , then it will go towards the next batch of materials for more masks , but as i know that many people will be feeling the pinch right now , please dont feel under any obligation whatsoever.

we will will be producing these masks until , the need is over , we run out of money , or we peg out.

if you need a mask (and please only ask if you really do need one) , just drop me a pm , and ill be in touch as soon as i can , but please be patient.

UPDATE.

as always gents , your generosity has been amazing , and way above and beyond  . as things stand at the moment , we now have enough materials to make around 800/900 masks , and enough donations left  to post around 200 (give or take a few) , ive lost track of how many weve already sent to pw members , but im guessing from the piles of parcels ,  that its close to 150 ish .

thank you very much for your generosity gentlemen , youve done yourselves proud .

none of us can guess how long these masks will be needed for , but lin will carry on making them , until its time to stop. i should also mention , that some of the masks and elastic will be different colours.

her good self is worried that well have money left over at the end , if we do , itll go to charity , and details posted on here.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION !

these masks will not make you superman ! , theyre just an extra line of defence . these masks should be washed thoroughly ,  and dried after every use , and any additional filters changed.

the very best course of action , is to follow government advice , and STAY AT HOME , and , ONLY MAKE ESSENTIAL JOURNEYS , and remember SOCIAL DISTANCING , and , WASH YOUR HANDS AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE , FOR AT LEAST 20 SECONDS.

stay safe guys.

i should have mentioned in my first post , that the young lady in the picture below , is front line nhs , and were all very proud of her.

IMG-20200325-WA0000-1.jpg

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

UPDATED POST.

good evening guys .

a couple of days ago , her good self decided to shut down her regular business for a few weeks(or as long as is needed) , and start producing face masks full time .

shes currently making them as fast as she possibly can , but obviously , demand is rather high at the moment , im also flat out at work , so please be patient.

That's a really kind offer Mel.

I've moved the thread here and pinned it so more people see it.

good morning guys , 

her good self has been busy in the workshop , and is making masks as quickly as she can . all of the current requests have been taken care of , and were starting to get a few spares , so , if you need a mask/masks , just let me know.

very important information.

if you need a mask , just ask , a donation does NOT need to be made  , so please, please , please dont think that you cant have a mask if you cant make a donation , the only important thing is that masks are given to anyone that is in need , nor does the recipient of the mask need to be a pw member , if you have a friend or relative in need , just send me their postal address , and well get one posted to them ASAP.

i wrote a gert long message earlier , but my internet dropped out again , and i lost it . ill do the quick version now.

we had already been making quite a few masks , and posting them here there and everywhere , to people that needed them . we decided to offer them on pw , as i know that we have quite a few , older , and at risk members(many more than i realized)  . i asked for small donations to help with the postage costs , but not expecting the flood of donations that weve received (i should have known better really) , as the donations started to flood in , lin was worried about the amount of money that was being sent , as she didnt want to have a penny more than could be used in the production and posting of the masks . she was all set to close paypal for a while , so that no more could be sent . we had a discussion about it , and we realised that quite a few folks had sent money , but didnt want a mask , we then realized that many people were feeling as helpless as us at the moment , and just wanted to do their bit to help , in any way that they could  . we decided for this reason , to carry on accepting donations (as long as it doesnt get too much) , so that folks can do their bit to help , and so that funds are already in place , in case masks are needed for an extended period (lets hope the need is soon over) . we thought it best that any monies left at the end , would be given to a charity , that was agreed upon by the donators.

over the last few days , ive had lots of messages from lots of members , listening to their stories has made me realize that this crisis were in at the moment , is touching most of us in one way or another.

stay safe guys .

Hi Mel  We received the masks today they're fantastic, thank you both so much. Terry, Lorraine 

thats brilliant terry , thank you for letting me know mate.

weve filled todays orders guys , and weve still got a couple of male and female masks left over . if anyone is in need of a mask , just drop me a pm , obviously at risk people get first dibs . her good self will be back at the machine tomorrow and making more.

3 hours ago, foxnet22 said:

Got ours today mel thanks to all involved 

fantastic , thank you for letting me know.:good:

lin has filled todays requests for masks , and still has , 12 male masks , and 13 female masks , left over . if youre in need of a mask , just drop me a pm.

@mel b3

on a slight tangent.......it's our middle granddaughters 6th birthday today

they only live half a mile away so we rang my son, told him to make sure the girls were in the back room, took pressie round and left on step, then rang him to,say we were stood out on the pavement near his bin

my granddaughters had been busy

36F6983C-DAA3-48B9-A3AB-C126AF3ED456.JPG.f3583d5ebce7770c36c2f62e89d5bf02.JPG

5 minutes ago, Diver One said:

@mel b3

on a slight tangent.......it's our middle granddaughters 6th birthday today

they only live half a mile away so we rang my son, told him to make sure the girls were in the back room, took pressie round and left on step, then rang him to,say we were stood out on the pavement near his bin

my granddaughters had been busy

36F6983C-DAA3-48B9-A3AB-C126AF3ED456.JPG.f3583d5ebce7770c36c2f62e89d5bf02.JPG

can you please tell your granddaughter , thats a lovely picture , and the binmen will love it :good: