True origin of Covid

12gauge82

9 hours ago, Retsdon said:

Well, whatever gordon, you're right and most of contemporary musical opinion is wrong. My thing about John Prine is less about the music (although he's generally recognized as one of the great song writers of the late 20th century) than it is about him being such an essentially good person. His morality just shines thought his stuff and as far as he can he's trying to pushe the world into being a better place. But I don't expect you to understand that...so no problem.

I suspect you may have been trolled - be sure to take the appropriate medicine ;-)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, henry d said:

Here's a good Article

Yes, good article but none the wiser really 👍

Dunno if you saw the youtube video posted here or on a related thread but I'm still getting my head around the statement "The Fox news reporting makes the most sense" - the guy actually said it at least twice so I know I wasn't imagining it. God help us...

hello, i have said before in another post, Chinese people have been eating animals including bats for very many years that we in the west find abhorrent. so why only now has this corvid 19 virus suspected from originating in a wet market now, surely people would have died before now? or maybe they have but it has not been associated with a virus, i do not believe this is the way it started, more like Human error from this Wuhan Lab or secret Lab.

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

3 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i have said before in another post, Chinese people have been eating animals including bats for very many years that we in the west find abhorrent. so why only now has this corvid 19 virus suspected from originating in a wet market now, surely people would have died before now? or maybe they have but it has not been associated with a virus, i do not believe this is the way it started, more like Human error from this Wuhan Lab,

Same reason that HIV is a relatively new disease, out of interest do you believe HIV was created in a lab too?

14 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Same reason that HIV is a relatively new disease, out of interest do you believe HIV was created in a lab too?

hello, no it was as you know started in the 1920s in West Africa through people eating chimpanzee with SIV that crossed over to HIV in humans, Corvid 19 as the name that was given to this new virus is not likely to have started in buying from a wet market eg bats as the Chinese have done for many many years and more the older generation, or this would have killed many before now, my thought is still Human error from a Lab either the Wuhan or one that is only know to the Chinese government, i have been to open markets in China more for the older generations and was surprised at was being sold.

It’s all guesswork and speculation..........those in charge and the powers that be, from wherever, will only tell us ‘mushrooms’ what they want us to know!.........why are people cynical? Because at some stage most of us realise, this is the case.....those that quote media reports to bolster their own opinion are just perpetuating the bull **** we are fed.

Don’t believe anyone or anything.........and your just as likely to be right as wrong!

Just now, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, no it was as you know started in the 1920s in West Africa through people eating chimpanzee with SIV that crossed over to HIV in humans, Corvid 19 as the name that was given to this new virus is not likely to have started in buying from a wet market eg bats as the Chinese have done for many many years and more the older generation, or this would have killed many before now, my thought is still Human error from a Lab either the Wuhan or one that is only know to the Chinese government, i have been to open markets in China more for the older generations and was surprised at was being sold.

But weren't people eating primates in Africa before 1920? I'm asking because I think you are suggesting that HIV and SARS-COV-2 took different paths in their evolution and if you are I don't follow the logic...

I've been to markets in China, India, Saharan and Sub-saharan Africa - last time was Morocco in Feb and it's always as a surprise to me too 👍

Just now, panoma1 said:

It’s all guesswork and speculation..........those in charge and the powers that be, from wherever, will only tell us ‘mushrooms’ what they want us to know!.........why are people cynical? Because at some stage most of us realise, this is the case.....those that quote media reports to bolster their own opinion are just perpetuating the bull **** we are fed.

Don’t believe anyone or anything.........and your just as likely to be right as wrong!

I was with you, right up to the fifth word. Got lost as to your point thereafter...

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Oh dear he we go again!:rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly 🙂 

Just now, panoma1 said:

No! Read it again! Or not?...........I don’t really care!.......alternatively, perhaps you could enlighten us as to which part of my posting you cant understand?

Not to worry, I already stated where I starting missing your point, thanks for your contribution on the subject. ATB.

hello, yes i am sure they were eating primates long before the 1920 but maybe they did not associate with the new strain of HIV until the 1920s

OK, from my layman understanding I'm just assuming mutation and crossover and drawing the likely probability of parallels between the two viruses evolution.

35 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Here you go, an easily read and digested Article

Hope this helps you?

14 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Not to worry, I already stated where I starting missing your point, thanks for your contribution on the subject. ATB.

OK, from my layman understanding I'm just assuming mutation and crossover and drawing the likely probability of parallels between the two viruses evolution.

hello, i am not a Scientist just a 70 year old that believes there are more to these rumours that China is failing to answer for

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

hello, i am not a Scientist just a 70 year old that believes there are more to these rumours that China is failing to answer for

That's fair enough, I guess the question for me would be are you prepared to alter those beliefs as new information and data becomes available, I would suspect you are but clearly there are others who are not?

In a way, I'm less interested in the actually point of source, food market or lab leak, it almost certainly originates from Wuhan - it's the events that followed that REALLY matter. I suspect it unravelled in much the same way as the Chernobyl disaster - maybe time will tell.

I agree that China has a lot to answer for and is almost certainly with holding information and being divisive on the matter but let's just turn the table and consider if it had originated in the US - do you really think Trump would have hit the big red button and gone public, asking other nations to help / advise?

The issue is that we get knee jerk war mongering reactions before we've even got the thing under control:

https://www.newsweek.com/china-part-new-axis-evil-must-held-accountable-pandemic-senator-blackburn-says-1498717

I get the sentiment, sorta, but how on earth would that pan out in a practical sense?

8 minutes ago, henry d said:

Here you go, an easily read and digested Article

Hope this helps you?

hello, thankyou but i have read that being what i find interesting, but i reiterate why do they think it started from 1 death of a  Chinese resident now eating a bat when it has been going on in China for many years, i believe the Government has stopped this practice would that be why they want to divert the truth away from what many many think it came from a Virology Lab

3 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

That's fair enough, I guess the question for me would be are you prepared to alter those beliefs as new information and data becomes available, I would suspect you are but clearly there are others who are not?

In a way, I'm less interested in the actually point of source, food market or lab leak, it almost certainly originates from Wuhan - it's the events that followed that REALLY matter. I suspect it unravelled in much the same way as the Chernobyl disaster - maybe time will tell.

I agree that China has a lot to answer for and is almost certainly with holding information and being divisive on the matter but let's just turn the table and consider if it had originated in the US - do you really think Trump would have hit the big red button and gone public, asking other nations to help / advise?

The issue is that we get knee jerk war mongering reactions before we've even got the thing under control:

https://www.newsweek.com/china-part-new-axis-evil-must-held-accountable-pandemic-senator-blackburn-says-1498717

I get the sentiment, sorta, but how on earth would that pan out in a practical sense?

hello, i think we are only told what they want us to hear springs to mind