True origin of Covid

12gauge82

Just now, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, thankyou but i have read that being what i find interesting, but i reiterate why do they think it started from 1 death of a  Chinese resident now eating a bat when it has been going on in China for many years, i believe the Government has stopped this practice would that be why they want to divert the truth away from what many many think it came from a Virology Lab

hello, i think we are only told what they want us to hear springs to mind

Just to be clear - who is "they" in this context?

If you haven't already done so that article posted by John is well worth a read 👍

4 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

That is interesting! I read about the strains before and wondered if that could be the cause of these apparent re-infections - this article doesn't shed light on that.

The article does kinda raise more questions than answers.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Just to be clear - who is "they" in this context?

If you haven't already done so that article posted by John is well worth a read 👍

That is interesting! I read about the strains before and wondered if that could be the cause of these apparent re-infections - this article doesn't shed light on that.

hello, a very interesting read, it shows we have some of the best Scientists in the world, i know the Oxford Uni Lab team are working around the clock to find a vaccine and a new facility is being built at Harwell campus to make the vaccine i just hope this will save many people if it comes in time to do so,

24 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I was interested because of the early possible start date.  I read recently that apart from the high temperature and cough, the symptoms could include a variety of other things including poor sleep, digestive troubles, headaches and neuropathy. 

Now I was ill in late December to early January - to the extent that I had a telephone conversation (first time I have consulted them for several years) with the Dr - and as a result had a load of tests done - which all proved negative.  I was (for me who is usually very healthy) quite unwell and lost 10% body weight and some quite odd sensations, pulse rates/blood pressures for a time.  The 'conclusion' was that I probably had a viral infection.  Fortunately after about 2 - 3 weeks I was better.  At that time Covid was not present or known about in the UK.  However - I now know that the symptoms I had did seems to have some connection with Covid ......... but it was not in the UK at the time.  It does rather make me wonder whether there was the virus present much before it is currently accepted to have been here.  I have no idea how I could have caught (any) virus - as I rarely travel more than a few miles from home and haven't been outside the UK in years!

Edited by JohnfromUK

Just now, JohnfromUK said:

I was interested because of the early possible start date.  I read recently that apart from the high temperature and cough, the symptoms could include a variety of other things including poor sleep, digestive troubles, headaches and neuropathy. 

Now I was ill in late December to early January - to the extent that I had a telephone conversation (first time I have consulted them for several years) with the Dr - and as a result had a load of tests done - which all proved negative.  I was (for me who is usually very healthy) quite unwell and lost 10% body weight and some quite odd sensations, pulse rates/blood pressures for a time.  The 'conclusion' was that I probably had a viral infection.  Fortunately after about 2 - 3 weeks I was better.  At that time Covid was not present or known about in the UK.  However - I now know that the symptoms I had did seems to have some connection with Covid ......... but it was not in the UK at the time.  It does rather make me wonder whether there was the virus present much before it is currently accepted to have been here.  I have no idea how I could have caught (any) virus - as I rarely travel more than a few miles from home and haven't been outside the UK in years!

Fully with you on this, I think a lot of us are thinking along the same lines and I suspect it also reflects a positive mindset (no bad thing 🙂 )

Must admit, I'm a bit lost with the strains now, I recall a Strain L and Strain S being attributed to China, then I'm sure I read about numerous strains in different countries (more than three) and now they are talking about strains A, B & C.

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, thankyou but i have read that being what i find interesting, but i reiterate why do they think it started from 1 death of a  Chinese resident now eating a bat when it has been going on in China for many years

I'm sorry but I don't think you understood it fully, it is not about the eating of any animal.

The transmission is likely to happen during handling, slaughter and butchering of animals infected with C19, it won't happen every time an animal is handled, and not every animal handled will be infected. That's why transfer from one animal species to another different animal species is a rarity.

1 hour ago, henry d said:

The transmission is likely to happen during handling, slaughter and butchering of animals infected with C19, it won't happen every time an animal is handled, and not every animal handled will be infected. That's why transfer from one animal species to another different animal species is a rarity.

I like the way Darwin put it. No matter how unlikely something is to happen, if it's possible, then given enough opportunities, it will happen.

1 hour ago, henry d said:

Unicorns

Very true, although an adaptation needs to be useful to the likleyhood of passing ones genes, or be a random mutation that gives a big enough advantage to be quickly taken up. That and the fact infinity is a long time, maybe one day you'll get your unicorns, but I'd wager it won't be in our life times 👍

13 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

I have no idea how I could have caught (any) virus - as I rarely travel more than a few miles from home and haven't been outside the UK in years!

***???? 

You could become infected with a virus without even leaving your home.

I feel exasperated that even after all the overload of information about this virus we've been witness to over the last month or so, some people simply still cannot grasp the basics about how viruses are transmitted!

Whilst you're infectious it exits your body via your snot and spit... it can survive on surfaces for a certain number of hours... during that time if other people touch things your snot and spit have got on to, they will then absorb the virus if it's given an easy way in to their bodies such as eyes, nose and mouth.

You cough on your hand, you touch a hand rail, next person comes along and touches your phlegm on a hand rail, then puts their finger up their nose....... virus transmitted.

You pick up your post off the door mat then go back to eating your breakfast..... 5 minutes ago the postman sneezed into his hand, picked your letters out of his bag and put them through your door.  Next day he's off work sick with CV19 symptoms...... 10 days later you're in ICU on a ventilator.... 14 days later only 5 of your family are allowed to attend your funeral.

WHY DO PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND THIS, IT'S BLOODY SIMPLE??!!!

Edited by Jim Neal

3 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

I feel exasperated that even after all the overload of information about this virus we've been witness to over the last month or so, some people simply still cannot grasp the basics about how viruses are transmitted!

I put this badly.  I meant any of the three strains of coronavirus/covid-19 in the article referenced in my post about the 'different strains' and possibly having started much earlier than originally admitted.

Facts such that they are is that I was quite unwell for unknown reasons late Dec/early Jan at a time coronavirus/covid-19 was not thought to be in UK, and at that time I don't think even mentioned in UK news.  After various tests for other causes, I was told what I had was probably a virus.  I got better.

Now it is being suggested that coronavirus/covid-19 may have been around much earlier - and now it seems that coronavirus/covid-19 symtoms can be much more varied than cough and temperature (neither of which were the main things I had).  Some of the other symptoms possible with coronavirus/covid-19 were a much better fit to whatever I had.

I very much doubt I had coronavirus/covid-19 ........ because of (a) the date, and (b) the facts that I had not travelled.  IF I had visited Wuhan in December I would think what I had might have been coronavirus/covid-19.

I do understand that there are LOTS of ways any virus like a cold/flu can be passed ........

6 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

***???? 

You could become infected with a virus without even leaving your home.

Whilst you're infectious it exits your body via your snot and spit... it can survive on surfaces for a certain number of hours... during that time if other people touch things your snot and spit have got on to, they will then absorb the virus if it's given an easy way in to their bodies such as eyes, nose and mouth.

You cough on your hand, you touch a hand rail, next person comes along and touches your phlegm on a hand rail, then puts their finger up their nose....... virus transmitted.

You pick up your post off the door mat then go back to eating your breakfast..... 5 minutes ago the postman sneezed into his hand, picked your letters out of his bag and put them through your door.  Next day he's off work sick with CV19 symptoms...... 10 days later you're in ICU on a ventilator.... 14 days later only 5 of your family are allowed to attend your funeral.

WHY DO PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND THIS, IT'S BLOODY SIMPLE??!!!

Yes Jim it is, but for some reason a fair few people just do not seem able to comprehend the simple way it can be passed around, the necessary precautions and how dangerous it is.

10 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Very true, although an adaptation needs to be useful to the likleyhood of passing ones genes, or be a random mutation that gives a big enough advantage to be quickly taken up. That and the fact infinity is a long time, maybe one day you'll get your unicorns, but I'd wager it won't be in our life times 👍

Unless you have belief, the heat death of the universe may prevent that.

13 hours ago, henry d said:

Unicorns

I didn't think we were allowed to discuss anything related to the "B" word 😛 

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/mar/29/siberian-unicorn-extinct-humans-fossil-kazakhstan

Tempted to ask what version of infinity is being referred to above, but that would be a further digression 🙂