chrisjpainter

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Is something afoot in the Wales-Italy match?? Have we all written Italy off too early...

No you haven't its never over until the fat lady  sings and that was with a team of players i haven't heard of never mind seen playing soon as a couple of old heads came on  no problem

That extra time showed to me what is wrong with the current game and how to improve it. Players were tired and therefore more space on the pitch. Therefore reduce number of subs, players will have to play for longer, will be tired, and space will open up. 

It was messy and I thought France had won it, not often you see Owen Farrell miss so many kicks, did he take a knock early on?

But the team kept going,  Owen held his nerve.

To be the best you need to be tested,  the French looked good in stages and will be dangerous in the future. 

53 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

I'M SO BORED

Why? I enjoyed the second half and extra time, not brilliant flowing rugby but finals never are.

A tight game played in good spirits. 

9 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

No you haven't its never over until the fat lady  sings and that was with a team of players i haven't heard of never mind seen playing soon as a couple of old heads came on  no problem

You're quite right. Same old Italy. Whatever they do in the first 60 minutes will be undone in the last 20 when they tire and fall apart. Experience counted for an awful lot. It's a lot easier to see a game out if you are used to winning. Italy are well short of being able to do that. 

50 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Why? I enjoyed the second half and extra time, not brilliant flowing rugby but finals never are.

A tight game played in good spirits. 

It was the same problem as we were talking about earlier with the reminiscing over Jason Robinson. So much kicking, because no one can grab the game by the scruff of the neck and create a gap, even if one wasn't there to begun with. I know it's all about overall gains in the kicking phases, but it hardly sets the pulse racing. I think it could have been better had England not been so poor at the breakdown. We squandered possession and position far too often to build up a head of steam. Fair play to France for disrupting our game, but we made it easy for them and stopped them needing to think too hard about how to defend. 

40 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

was the same problem as we were talking about earlier with the reminiscing over Jason Robinson.

I know what you mean, I thought the subs England brought on did well, actually running a little rather than just returning the kick.

England were I thought unlucky in some areas, they should have scored at the end of the second half against the sticks, can't stop that, OF should have handed over kicking duties after a couple of misses.

France will be a handful in the 6 nations thsts for sure.

8 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

I got to honest it all seems a bit flat with no crowds i watched the snooker last night and that was the same no atmosphere there i am not surprised that France clubs wouldn't release  players to play 

I didn't know the clubs hadn't released players, in that case then they did really well. 

I watched the last frame of the snooker last night, really strange there being no applause after a good shot, or the sigh when the pink was missed, even stranger how there was just quiet when the game ended after such a long frame.

6 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I didn't know the clubs hadn't released players, in that case then they did really well. 

I watched the last frame of the snooker last night, really strange there being no applause after a good shot, or the sigh when the pink was missed, even stranger how there was just quiet when the game ended after such a long frame.

It was definitely the France second string. 40 odd caps to England’s 800. 

England were very poor and France deserved to win. 

The kicking game was so boring and chances to get the ball down the line were not taken.

Eddie Jones has come out today trying to defend the indefensible. He has badly misjudged the feeling of the watching public.

38 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

If they are going to have these autumn games i can see a lot more clubs not releasing players  then you got the 6 nations the players wont be with the clubs for months what is the point in signing them up 

They had had autumn internationals for years. This is the first time they have made a tournament out of it. 

12 hours ago, AVB said:

They had had autumn internationals for years. This is the first time they have made a tournament out of it. 

Not against each other it is always a touring side this is like a second 6 nations but the country Georgia is in it as well not the same to me