I have symptoms.

fatchap

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, fatchap said:

Update.. 2 more today, one of the workshop staff and the Transport manager all had high temperatures when checked this morning. that's 9 now.

If these folks showing symptoms come back as positive, then your employer should get a call from the local Health Authorities where his controls, policies and procedures will be scrutinised. Sounds like it could be an uncomfortable meeting for him.

Day 4 of this and not got my results back yet but as I have identical symptoms to my son who tested positive I am pretty sure I have it. 

Eye strain/Mild headache.

Aches and pains neck and shoulders

No sense of smell or taste which is horrible. And apparently its the symptom that hangs around the longest up to 6 months.

General feeling of tiredness.

My temperature is back to 36.5 and stayed that way for the last 3 days.

No sign of the cough, but I cough a bit anyway (smoker) 

The worst thing though I don't believe its a symptom is this bloody sciatica. Missus says its because I'm sitting around doing nothing and sleeping down stairs on the worlds most uncomfortable couch. Walking is an excellent cure for sciatica shame I'm not allowed out the front door till Boxing Day pooch has no idea that he's going to get his paws walked off that day.

On 16/12/2020 at 08:23, fatchap said:

Cough and temperature of 37.9, got a test booked today at 12 noon. It feels more like flu, as I ache like hell. but wife says get tested just to be on the safe side.

So ... nearly a week on, how did the test go?

I was speaking to someone today who’s just back from it after a month ... completely unpredictable symptoms ranging in severity.

Test came back positive I'm in my 8th day now and feeling slightly better the one thing I am glad about that is easing up is the pain across my forehead and the eyestrain that was hell. Still got the upset stomach which I'm told is one of the many symptoms of this. And the cough but the general feeling of being unwell seems to be easing up.

Not saying I'm out of the woods yet but from the first few days of showing symptoms to today I do feel a tad better. 

I have been treating it like a cold or flu. Making myself sweat at night,Brandy and a couple of Paracetamols. 

My son is ok now. his ten days is up and says he fells fine now. Cough still seems to be hanging around but his sense of smell and taste has returned.  I can now smell strong smells such as vinegar and taste sweet and salty whereas last Wednesday I couldn't smell or taste anything.

Its not a very nice thing to have as you are constantly wondering what next.  

Edited by fatchap

sounds like you are on the road to recovery mate, when i had it after 7 - 10 days i got worse and ended up in hospital with pneumonia. i agree that its not very nice and seems a very unpredictable virus. I certainly don't want it again if i can help it.  

Edited by paul1966

6 minutes ago, paul1966 said:

sounds like you are on the road to recovery mate, when i had it after 7 - 10 days i got worse and ended up in hospital with pneumonia. i agree that its not very nice and seems a very unpredictable virus. I certainly don't wat it again if i can help it.  

They say the 5-10 day mark is the dodgy bit, when the virus can go either way. Like you mate. I would not want to catch this again. 

My wifes test came back positive on xmas eve, by then then she was already feeling bad with a really bad cough that has continued. (I tested negative and still have no symptoms). Her sense of taste is gone but her sense if smell hasnt.

She has been working from home since the summer. In the run up to her test she has only been to 3 shops, with me. Although she did have hair dresser appointment. 

Anyway xmas was cancelled and im hoping the cough alleviates soon as she is suffering.

Stay safe everyone.

3 hours ago, del.gue said:

Anyway xmas was cancelled and im hoping the cough alleviates soon as she is suffering.

Hope it passes soon.

1 hour ago, fatchap said:

Well touch wood I'm feeling ok now, sense of smell and taste better every day. Unfortunately this feeling of tiredness is still hanging around. I was ok yesterday plenty of energy but today I feel wiped out. Despite a good nights sleep it makes no difference. 

Been told the tiredness lasts a while.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/12/2020 at 11:51, fatchap said:

Well touch wood I'm feeling ok now, sense of smell and taste better every day. Unfortunately this feeling of tiredness is still hanging around. I was ok yesterday plenty of energy but today I feel wiped out. Despite a good nights sleep it makes no difference. 

Any improvement Fatchap?

9 hours ago, Mice! said:

Any improvement Fatchap?

Still can't shift this tiredness, have a day of feeling tip top, then pay for it the next day. Been off work now since the 15th December. The main symptoms have gone. But just feel wiped out no matter how much sleep I get.

I work for a plant hire company so if I was to go in I probably would last about 10 minutes nothing we hire out is what you could call light.

Edited by fatchap

13 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Still can't shift this tiredness, have a day of feeling tip top, then pay for it the next day. Been off work now since the 15th December. The main symptoms have gone. But just feel wiped out no matter how much sleep I get.

I work for a pant hire company so if I was to go in I probably would last about 10 minutes nothing we hire out is what you could call light.

Ones for big chaps and lasses then. 🙂👍👍

Glad you are getting better. :)

7 hours ago, fatchap said:

I work for a plant hire company so if I was to go in I probably would last about 10 minutes nothing we hire out is what you could call light.

Doesn't sound good, especially given what you do for work.

Did many more go down with it at your work?

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Doesn't sound good, especially given what you do for work.

Did many more go down with it at your work?

13 so far one driver also lost his wife new years day to covid he is still off which is understandable. Why they are still open is shocking. A few have returned the younger drivers seem to have recovered better than the older ones like me. 

16 minutes ago, fatchap said:

13 so far one driver also lost his wife new years day to covid he is still off which is understandable. Why they are still open is shocking. A few have returned the younger drivers seem to have recovered better than the older ones like me. 

That's really bad, I imagine that's what would happen across the country if everyone was at work as normal,  some companies are bound to do far less than they should.

Sounds like your better off at home, hope your feeling better soon.

40 minutes ago, Mice! said:

That's really bad, I imagine that's what would happen across the country if everyone was at work as normal,  some companies are bound to do far less than they should.

Sounds like your better off at home, hope your feeling better soon.

Spoke to one of the drivers today, he said He doubts they will remain open much longer or at least go to a skeleton staff as a lot of sites in London, have no staff. Mostly being foreign they went home for Christmas and aren't allowed back at the moment. Apparently London is post apocalypse. Nobody walking about, empty roads. Even Piccadilly had about 3 vehicles on it when he went down there its usually a car park all day. But why are the buses still out in force, there's nobody on them. He said thats all thats on the roads up there, buses, even the black cabs are few and far between.

Edited by fatchap

6 minutes ago, fatchap said:

But why are the buses still out in force, there's nobody on them. He said thats all thats on the roads up there, buses, even the black cabs are few and far between.

Edited just now by fatchap

Nuts really,  someone has obviously said public transport still needs to run, it sounds like the total opposite to the pictures in the run up to xmas.