EU trying to steal our vaccines

Rob85

22 hours ago, grrclark said:

It is quite remarkable.  Some interesting quotes by Orban that he prefers the Chinese vaccine and they are actively now in commercial negotiations to buy that.

The fact that the supply agreements were made by the supranational EU, at their insistence that should be a collective endeavour, but there is talk of litigation by some individual member states against the producers is also pretty remarkable.

I can see that very quickly turning into the individual member states taking action against fellow member states or even the EU itself.

Wonderful that some member states might see the light IMHO.

I won't labour the point about us freeing most of them a few years ago? 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking if UK had joined the procurement that the supplies would have been sourced from an European company even if it was not going to be available for some time - and would have been used as a deal/no deal bargaining tool. 

Edited by Dave-G

12 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Blimey, it appears the EU are trying to apologise for last weeks poorly thought out knee jerk reaction to the awful way they have handle procurement of vaccines for their 27 members. 

Wonders will never cease.

So glad we finally got OUT!

Yes although if it hadn't been for the international community unanimously condemning them I'm sure they wouldn't have. 

I'd like to think even the most psychopathic remainiac can at least start to see the EU for what it really is. 

22 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Blimey, it appears the EU are trying to apologise for last weeks poorly thought out knee jerk reaction to the awful way they have handle procurement of vaccines for their 27 members.

That is simply because they have seen how their own press are treating them.  Nothing to do with any 'guilt' over what they did and everything to do with repairing damaged image at home.

Or maybe the UK government has done a under the table deal to supply the EU extra vaccines, that were made in the UK and designated for the UK. Or oxford Astrazeneca has just managed to find 9 million vaccines lying around somewhere they had forgot about. 

AstraZeneca will deliver 9 million additional doses in the first quarter (40 million in total) compared to last week's offer and will start deliveries one week earlier than scheduled," Ursula Von der Leyen, president of the European Commission wrote on Twitter. 

Edited by ordnance

7 hours ago, ordnance said:

Or maybe the UK government has done a under the table deal to supply the EU extra vaccines, that were made in the UK and designated for the UK. Or oxford Astrazeneca has just managed to find 9 million vaccines lying around somewhere they had forgot about. 

AstraZeneca will deliver 9 million additional doses in the first quarter (40 million in total) compared to last week's offer and will start deliveries one week earlier than scheduled," Ursula Von der Leyen, president of the European Commission wrote on Twitter. 

AZ indicated earlier last week they could possibly stretch by another 9m.  At the time the EU dismissed it.

The EUs behaviour on vaccines has just increased anger at the border in the Irish sea, it is causing big problems with trade between GB and NI, the government promised friction free trade its not working out that way. 

A number of council staff carrying out inspection checks at Larne port have been withdrawn from duty following an “upsurge in sinister and menacing behaviour” linked to tensions over the Northern Ireland protocol.

The U.K.’s biggest supermarket chains warned Wednesday that food supplies in Northern Ireland face disruption because of new checks imposed by Britain’s departure from the European Union.

800.jpeg

im irish my vote to leave and i remember joining the eu in the 70s it was about trade       today its about non elected bureaucrats     months behind the 8 ball on vaccines inc purchases of doses   bullise re irish border     less power full than they are      borris and team are doing the best for us    only god help us if stama was in power     i dont vote party but the best for bloke or gal for the country         going forward  borris being advised by others got some right got some wrong its a balancing act no winners  and he looks destroyed as we all know he is trying and nearly lost his life to covid   inc wife and newborn  child     uk is ahead of all others in detect and trace and vaccinate     the eu ****ed up  too late god help us we would be at their mercy you will get x vacines  tough         we leave        and yet  trend setters   going forward we are wrong  the eu  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I see the French have officially declared the Oxford vaccine useless on 65yrs and over. I have also read a couple of other countries are considering the same, one being Germany.

So why all the fuss over supply. Get on the phone boris and offer to take the 'useless' stuff off their hands

32 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

I see the French have officially declared the Oxford vaccine useless on 65yrs and over. I have also read a couple of other countries are considering the same, one being Germany.

So why all the fuss over supply. Get on the phone boris and offer to take the 'useless' stuff off their hands

Do you think it might possibly be that they realise they have cocked it up and are attempting to save face?

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

It was organised by the European Medicines Agency (EMA). 

Today, Starmer was accused of wanting us to remain in the EMA post Brexit .......... and hotly denied it - leading to a row (allegedly). 

However - official records and contemporary press reports of various past exchanges/speeches clearly show that he DID want to stay in the EMA as part of any Brexit deal.

Now - I think it is generally accepted that Johnson is somewhat loose about sticking to the truth - but Starmer has based what reputation he has on appearing to be truthful ......... and now seems red faced (or should be).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9219429/Furious-Keir-Starmer-confronts-Boris-Johnson-PMQs.html

Just now, JohnfromUK said:

It was organised by the European Medicines Agency (EMA). 

Today, Starmer was accused of wanting us to remain in the EMA post Brexit .......... and hotly denied it - leading to a row (allegedly). 

However - official records and contemporary press reports of various past exchanges/speeches clearly show that he DID want to stay in the EMA as part of any Brexit deal.

Now - I think it is generally accepted that Johnson is somewhat loose about sticking to the truth - but Starmer has based what reputation he has on appearing to be truthful ......... and now seems red faced (or should be).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9219429/Furious-Keir-Starmer-confronts-Boris-Johnson-PMQs.html

Fancy that, a politician changing his mind and losing his memory!

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/02/2021 at 19:41, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Starmer really has played a blinder - NOT!

muppet      mister hindsight       i am so glad this muppet is not in power   we would ******  and still waiting for the eu vaccine handout next year    under borris and co    ahead in everything   im 56 i get my vaccine next friday  yeeii  

Edited by Saltings