For those that follow USA politics

NoBodyImportant

She’s very old fashioned. Buys meat from our butcher generally but will get a chicken from Sainsbury’s occasionally. She cooks proper home made food for every meal so I can’t complain about the eyewatering cost. We are a family of five and the boys just eat meat. Food shopping costs more than our mortgage 🤣

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Go to Aldi, they do a chicken in a roasting bag and she would probably by three for that money.  Delicious and no preparation.

We got a few Aldis and they are cheaper then Walmart.  But Walmart I can get underwear, a gun, beef, house paint, and new tires and a oil change all in one trip.  You pay about little for the convenience of a all in one stop.  They have restaurants, nail salons, and banks in them now also.  They have a really good business model.  

2 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

I’m not sold by organic but I do think free range and animal welfare is important. It’s like our pheasants, cared for with a great life then carefully “hand shot by artisans” 🤣

Lol,  I’d love to see a liberals face with hand shot on the package. 😂 

9 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

We got a few Aldis and they are cheaper then Walmart.  But Walmart I can get underwear, a gun, beef, house paint, and new tires and a oil change all in one trip.  You pay about little for the convenience of a all in one stop.  They have restaurants, nail salons, and banks in them now also.  They have a really good business model.  

That's going to be a strange meal.

9 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Instant heart attacks coupled with long screams.    Yes, I miss our visits to Walmart, nothing you could not buy in there all in one go. They did join in with Asda here but never made a go of it and I think have been bought out by two brothers of Indian extract.

5 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

They did join in with Asda here but never made a go of it

They did brand some of the larger Asdas 'Walmarts' - e.g. the one at Cribbs Causeway near Bristol.  Lousy selection of ammunition and guns though!  I tended avoid the place because of the ummm, clientele they attracted.  Amazing how many absolute blubber mounds can seemingly congregate in one place.  Must be gravitational forces.

15 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

They did brand some of the larger Asdas 'Walmarts' - e.g. the one at Cribbs Causeway near Bristol.  Lousy selection of ammunition and guns though!  I tended avoid the place because of the ummm, clientele they attracted.  Amazing how many absolute blubber mounds can seemingly congregate in one place.  Must be gravitational forces.

Agreed. I always made sure I waited until the moveing staircase was clear before I stepped on it at Tamworth.   Only went there to pick up some chips for my trail cams but feared I may getting flattened by a heap of rolling blubber should the staircase stop suddenly.

Edited by Walker570

13 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Bring up her anti BLM record. You've lost all of the democrats right out of the blocks. Paint her as a traitor to the Black cause. With so many black Dems in Congress, you get enough of them to say it - and plenty will do it for free - and her goose is cooked with the black voters. Then paint her stance against the #metoo movement and abortion as anti women and thus she's a traitor to them too. Millions of moderates will be uneasy about the #metoo movement, yes, but a women's right to choose is still too sacred to them. And then you paint her as ignorant on Muslim issues, all the while alluding to her complete lack of any kind of experience in politics and trot out the line, 'do you really want a complete green newbie to having her finger on THE BUTTON?!' Rightly or wrongly, too many will fall for it to overturn a 7 million deficit. 

The assumption you've made is that all black voters support BLM, they don't watch any American sports and you'll see black athletes refusing to "take the knee"

5 minutes ago, Deker said:

The assumption you've made is that all black voters support BLM, they don't watch any American sports and you'll see black athletes refusing to "take the knee"

Not all of them, but it's not about all of them, it's about enough of them. 

Plenty of black voters, voted for Trump in 2020. But Owens would need so much more than that to make headway, which she'll struggle to do without BLM voters

7 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

which she'll struggle to do without BLM voters

BLM really doesn't have the traction you think it does, outside of democrat-controlled conurbations.

There's also a difference between being sympathetic to the cause of BLM* and actually voting for a candidate who actively supports them.

The Dems will, again, be in for a shock as this perception that people vote along ethnic lines needs to die, and quickly (unless you live in Tower Hamlets, Haringey, Islington...) 

Abe, sorry, Joe Biden's pronouncements to favour businesses along racial lines will, doubtless go down like a lead Zeppelin should he actually implement it, and will get kicked to the kerb, a la Obamacare as soon as a Republican gets back into 1600 Pennsylvania ave.

One thing I will agree with you though, the Republicans are going to do their level best to stop someone who isn't part of the inner circle winning the primaries.

But bring on Candace, if only to see the usual suspects absolutely loose their minds if the first female president of the US is a republican.  Always assuming Biden doesn't suffer a 'heart attack' or 'stroke' between now and 2024...

*By that I mean police accountability, rather than the Marxist stuff they spout...