Wife brought the Covid home from the hospital.

NoBodyImportant

Doing well.  Nothing what I expected.  Hope it doesn’t get worse.  Wife got it from the hospital where she works, she developed a runny nose and we had to get tested per her contract. Both tested positive.  Good part is I spent the last two days cleaning the barn and yard work.  As long as it doesn’t get worse we are going to be fine.

1 minute ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Doing well.  Nothing what I expected.  Hope it doesn’t get worse.  Wife got it from the hospital where she works, she developed a runny nose and we had to get tested per her contract. Both tested positive.  Good part is I spent the last two days cleaning the barn and yard work.  As long as it doesn’t get worse we are going to be fine.

She just got back from the Hospital from taking the real Covid test.  The hospital said that the nose swabs give to many false positives.  So depending on what the real test say she will have to stay out of work also.  The don’t want to have to cancel surgeries based on the nose swabs. So in 24 hours we will know for sure.  But we are isolating just incase the nose swabs are correct. 

1 minute ago, Dave-G said:

Runny nose is a symptom? 

I had one all through November/December 2019. :hmm:

It’s a hospital thing.  Anytime you have any illness they send you and immediately family for nose swabs.  But the nose swab is so inaccurate that they send you to the lab for a throat culture if you test positive.  But you have to isolate until the culture comes back.  

3 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

She just got back from the Hospital from taking the real Covid test.  The hospital said that the nose swabs give to many false positives.  So depending on what the real test say she will have to stay out of work also.  The don’t want to have to cancel surgeries based on the nose swabs. So in 24 hours we will know for sure.  But we are isolating just incase the nose swabs are correct. 

let's hope for the best. Hopefully it's another false positive. Keep us up to date though. How do you both feel?

5 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Runny nose is a symptom? 

I had one all through November/December 2019. 

er...okay. Good to know.

I keep hearing the nose swab gives false positives but every single one done that was positive has also been confirmed by a PCR for us.  We haven’t had any false ones.  I’m told they work better to find heavier viral load whereas the PCR picks up small amounts.  I take this to mean it can more likely say you are negative when really you may be positive because there hasn’t been enough virus to detect.  We have to isolate though if the lateral flow says positive and wait for,the PCR to confirm.