Howling at the moon or credible scenario? Mass law-breaking

udderlyoffroad

2 hours ago, Mr.T said:

We haven’t got a plan to beat it, we will have to learn to live with it

The vaccine. 

2 hours ago, Mr.T said:

I’ve never felt so restrained and controlled and it’s about time the voice of the people was heard.

How so? You can still come and go as you please, we're not under house arrest,  your just asked to stay local, and not mix.

2 hours ago, Mr.T said:

We should be allowed to make our own decisions on how safe we feel about going to the pub or a football game or going about our lives

What about the staff at the pubs or football grounds? Nobody's enjoying being in lockdown but hopefully with the vaccine continuing to be successfully rolled out this will be the last one, allowing people to do as they please wasn't an option because the cases of infection were shooting up.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

The vaccine. 

Sorry but from what I read and heard the vaccine won’t beat the virus, Only this morning I heard  one expert saying they don’t know how often they will need to vaccinate the population 

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

How so? You can still come and go as you please, we're not under housearrest,  your just asked to stay local, and not mix.

I can’t go clay shooting my nearest sea fishing spot is over 50 miles away so yes I am being controlled and restricted 

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

What about the staff at the pubs or football grounds? Nobody's enjoying being in lockdown but hopefully with the vaccine continuing to be successfully rolled out this will be the last one, allowing people to do as they please wasn't an option because the cases of infection were shooting up.

If the staff of the pub or restaurant feel safe then they should be allowed to go to work and those who want to go there can. Lots of people are going to factory jobs that can’t be done from home so why can’t other facilities be opened up and the public can make up their own mind if they want to go or stay at home if they don’t feel safe

3 minutes ago, Mr.T said:

can’t go clay shooting my nearest sea fishing spot is over 50 miles away so yes I am being controlled and restricted 

You could go course fishing or rough shooting,  most ameture sport is stopped and for good reason,  but restarting soon.

4 minutes ago, Mr.T said:

If the staff of the pub or restaurant feel safe then they should be allowed to go to work and those who want to go there can. Lots of people are going to factory jobs that can’t be done from home so why can’t other facilities be opened up and the public can make up their own mind if they want to go or stay at home if they don’t feel safe

I can't imagine it could be controlled,  say half the staff are happy to work, but you have no control over who would be coming in. 

It's a lot different to people working in a factory,  I've been doing it throughout covid,  with various things in place and joe public can't simply walk in.

17 hours ago, ordnance said:

As said the lockdowns were never put in place to kill or stop the virus, they were to lower infections and they achieved that. 

They were to SAVE THE NHS which has been very poorly managed for decades.  The poor front of staff members had to stand the brunt.

As said, like any other virus we have to learn to live with it and now we have the choice of a vaccine to help us along the way.  It is going to tak ea year or more in my view to bring the very scared members of the public back out from 'under the stairs'. 

6 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

As said, like any other virus we have to learn to live with it and now we have the choice of a vaccine to help us along the way.  It is going to tak ea year or more in my view to bring the very scared members of the public back out from 'under the stairs'. 

This.

Fear has set in and with it we are seeing the most moronic circumstances, such as:

1. Rabid demands for people to ‘wear masks’ to the extent that if you wore a knitted homemade mask, that would obey the law and appease the mob but provide zero protection.

2. Demands for 10 year prison terms for lockdown breakers.

3. Walkers being arrested for separately driving to open air parks 

4. Locking down the young, fit and healthy and paying them to stay at home and not go to work.

5. Allowing the likes of the BBC to:

(a) broadcast death rates without providing a by age group breakdown. Captain Tom, for example, died of old age not Covid, but that’s not what the stats will record his death.

(b) not to provide balanced coverage / stories about all those millions of people who (i). got Covid and didn’t even know they had it (ii). got Covid and had a headache for a few days (iii). Got Covid, felt like **** for 2 weeks and then made a full recovery.

50 minutes ago, Mr.T said:

Sorry but from what I read and heard the vaccine won’t beat the virus, Only this morning I heard  one expert saying they don’t know how often they will need to vaccinate the population 

I don’t know what you’re reading, but isn’t it common knowledge that the vaccine could become an annual occurrence, just like the flu vaccine? The most vulnerable people still die from flu, but who knows how many more would die without the flu vaccine? 
The vaccine is our only way of preventing the numbers of deaths the virus would cause without it; it won’t stop the virus ( I’ve never heard anyone in authority claim it will ) it will just stop it killing as many folk as it is now.
Already it is claimed the vaccine has had great effect in the recoveries of those most vulnerable to the virus, whom prior to the vaccine were most likely to die. 

Edited by Scully

4 minutes ago, Mungler said:

This.

Fear has set in and with it we are seeing the most moronic circumstances, such as:

1. Rabid demands for people to ‘wear masks’ to the extent that if you wore a knitted homemade mask, that would obey the law and appease the mob but provide zero protection.

2. Demands for 10 year prison terms for lockdown breakers.

3. Walkers being arrested for separately driving to open air parks 

4. Locking down the young, fit and healthy and paying them to stay at home and not go to work.

5. Allowing the likes of the BBC to:

(a) broadcast death rates without providing a by age group breakdown. Captain Tom, for example, died of old age not Covid, but that’s not what the stats will record his death.

(b) not to provide balanced coverage / stories about all those millions of people who (i). got Covid and didn’t even know they had it (ii). got Covid and had a headache for a few days (iii). Got Covid, felt like **** for 2 weeks and then made a full recovery.

Good post. I mentioned to the OH some time ago, that when we’re all back to some semblance of normality, there just has to be an inquiry into the absolutely moronic and abysmally emotive, negative scaremongering reporting by our media. Absolutely disgusting. 

They'll renew the powers in a few days time then wait until September, Boris stands on his podium, stuttering to address the public.

"We have seen cases rise.....we need to protect the nhs......I'm as disappointed as anybody......we are in this together.....but we must reduce infections and continue the restrictions.....blah blah blah"

Absolute farce.

The gov should have followed the 2011 plan as discussed by Peter Hitchens.

https://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2021/02/supporters-of-strangling-the-country-always-demand-what-would-you-have-done-if-i-dare-to-criticise-the-governments.html

And the document here.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/213717/dh_131040.pdf

Hopefully we see more and more people ignoring the rules, going out enjoying themselves.

The roadmap out is a joke and more likely a lie.

14 minutes ago, Scully said:

Good post. I mentioned to the OH some time ago, that when we’re all back to some semblance of normality, there just has to be an inquiry into the absolutely moronic and abysmally emotive, negative scaremongering reporting by our media. Absolutely disgusting. 

Shocking isnt it, absolutely awful.

I met a friend the other day, he had his daughter with him, shes 7. We always high five, I put my hand up and she wouldnt do it because of "social distancing", when she left her dad said that all the news and things being said and seen in school has scared her beyond belief...shes 7 for gods sake, absolutely criminal that kids have been subjected to it.

If you haven't seen V for Vendetta, the media and scaremongering we are seeing is like something straight out of that film.

I never thought we would see such tyranny in the UK.

Edited by Pangolin

On 12/03/2021 at 13:32, udderlyoffroad said:

I know I've complained many times on here that I think this lockdown has long since passed the point of 'the cure is worse than the disease'. 

But the regardless of your view of lockdown, surely the goalposts seemingly shifting on a weekly basis, can't sit well with even the most ardent supporter?

Some people absolutely love it, the busy body, virtue signalling, curtain twitching dogooders who exaggerate the gap they make to walk around people, stand proudly putting on their mask before entering a shop for everyone to witness.....theres plenty of the subservient freaks about.

Edited by Pangolin

21 minutes ago, Pangolin said:

Some people absolutely love it, the busy body, virtue signalling, curtain twitching dogooders who exaggerate the gap they make to walk around people, stand proudly putting on their mask before entering a shop for everyone to witness.....theres plenty of the subservient freaks about.

Dude you really need to take a few deep breaths , before you have a stroke.

People putting on a mask before entering a shop , aren't subservient freaks , they're just normal people going about their necessary business , and doing their best to adhere to the rules of the shop , like sane , rational , people.👍

4 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Dude you really need to take a few deep breaths , before you have a stroke.

People putting on a mask before entering a shop , aren't subservient freaks , they're just normal people going about their necessary business , and doing their best to adhere to the rules of the shop , like sane , rational , people.👍

Its not that theyre putting it on, its how they do it, putting on a performance with exaggerated motions along with all the other things I mentioned.

I dont think Im at risk from a stroke.....get real.

Edited by Pangolin

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

They were to SAVE THE NHS which has been very poorly managed for decades.  The poor front of staff members had to stand the brunt.

I thought saying lowering the infection rates, it went without saying that would help the NHS obviously not. We have to deal with the how the NHS is now not how we would like it to be.

54 minutes ago, Pangolin said:

Hopefully we see more and more people ignoring the rules, going out enjoying themselves.

The roadmap out is a joke and more likely a lie.

Really? Hopefully people just follow what they've been asked to do for a little longer, then we get some normality back.

9 minutes ago, Pangolin said:

Its not that theyre putting it on, its how they do it, putting on a performance with exaggerated motions along with all the other things I mentioned.

40 minutes ago, Pangolin said:

stand proudly putting on their mask before entering a shop for everyone to witness.....theres plenty of the subservient freaks about.

Getting really quite comical now, any shop I've been to, folk just put on a mask and go in, hardly makes them freaks.

1 minute ago, Pangolin said:

Its not that theyre putting it on, its how they do it, putting on a performance with exaggerated motions.

I dont think Im at risk from a stroke.....get real.

I think you'll find that exaggerated mask fitting,  is mainly in your imagination buddy .  It seems like you're struggling with the whole Covid thing (as is most of the population, but fitting a mask , is just fitting a mask 👍.

The cartoon in the Telegraph yesterday said it as it is, the PM, and his co conspirators including that Whitty guy are pulling up some goal posts and moving them further up the field.   Spot on.     Fortunately they got the vaccine situation right but the rest has been pathetic, day to day instructions.

13 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I think you'll find that exaggerated mask fitting,  is mainly in your imagination buddy .  It seems like you're struggling with the whole Covid thing (as is most of the population, but fitting a mask , is just fitting a mask 👍.

Im not struggling. Thanks, buddy.

1 hour ago, Pangolin said:

You made a series of good points / posts and this one went off reservation; the result is that no one has had to address your other good posts / points but have instead leapt on this.

I understand the sentiment that I believe you are trying to convey and that is the camp guard zeal with which people wish to follow and enforce the ‘rules’ and notwithstanding that a lot of the rules now don’t make any sense on any analysis having come about via emergency powers that were not properly scrutinised by Parliament. 

The better point on mask wearing is that *all* of the research now says that unless you have a ‘proper’ mask and that’s nothing you can get over the counter or make at home, then you might as well just not bother. But hey, why let science and logic get in the way of some rules eh?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/25/france-bans-homemade-covid-masks-public

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/using-face-masks-community-reducing-covid-19-transmission

Edited by Mungler

5 minutes ago, Mungler said:

The better point on mask wearing is that *all* of the research now says that unless you have a ‘proper’ mask and that’s nothing you can get over the counter or make at home, then you might as well just not bother. But hey, why let science and logic get in the way of some rules eh?

Indeed,  it says the same about the mask wearing in the 2011 Influenza Pandemic document the government signed off. It said unless theyre one use, properly fitted and the coreect grade then theyre pointless. They also said that prolonged use just leads to less compliance.

Edited by Pangolin

4 minutes ago, Pangolin said:

Indeed,  it says the same about the mask wearing in the 2011 Influenza Pandemic document the government signed off. It said unless theyre one use, properly fitted and the coreect grade then theyre pointless. They also said that prolonged use just leads to less compliance.

Agreed. I I’ve found and posted the links.

So, science is supposed to transcend languages, cultures and geography, so why have the European, French and other world scientists made these findings but I’m still ticking the boxes in the UK if I get my Nan to knit me a mask?

Moreover, why people can’t objectively work out for themselves that a mask knitted for them by their Nan or bought off eBay isn’t going to do a thing for them?

Edited by Mungler

2 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Agreed. I I’ve found and posted the links.

So, science is supposed to transcend languages, cultures and geography, so why have the European, French and other world scientists made these findings but I’m still ticking the boxes in the UK if I get my Nan to knit me a mask?

Moreover, why people can’t objectively work out for themselves that a mask knitted for them by their Nan or bought off eBay isn’t going to do a thing for them?

Didnt the UK media pretty much gag some professors and a Danish study when they dared to question masks?

I like it, need to shave less, gets me out of inlaw events .. I am however looking forward to towns and shopping centres being back open so that the countryside is quieter.

It has however shown quite how many mental health issues there are in the uk and made the media worse, which is some epic feat.

8 minutes ago, Pangolin said:

Didnt the UK media pretty much gag some professors and a Danish study when they dared to question masks?

Yes  The Danish study, the largest of its kind and done using randomised control trial, the gold standard in studying causal relationships, showed no statistically significant difference in infection rates between non-mask wearers and mask. wearers.

This whole sorry saga has now become an intelligence test, one that most people are failing.