Whats your hobbies other than shooting?

countryman

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snooker and pool cant stand watching either but love playing them

Doing up cars got a couplr on the go my old celica and another celica i picked up yesterday bit a different model to my other one.

the first celica 76 lt

pic0102017qj4.jpg

the second celica 75gt

pic0122039qf6.jpg

Drifting love drifting good fun

Burnouts

Women though not enough time or money for these anymore :blink:

Beer whatever is on special at the bottleshop lol

Used to build lotus 7 inspired kit cars to help fund my motor racing hobby.

Did a lot of sprinting and occasional marshalling.

Until i realised how much it was costing me.

Now i go to my caravan in the Peak District where we can walk the dog to our hearts content

Just happens to be sited on a farm with a slight crow problem . So get to take the shottie too. :lol:

If i could find the time would like to learn to play the guitar

My hobbies:

1) Shooting, obviously - metal tubes through which you fire money.

2) Performance cars - getting harder and harder to enjoy these days with all the anti-car/speeding hysteria but occasional track days get it out of the system! M3 CSL (in avatar) - Steel and carbon fibre box into which you throw money

3) Boating - One of the areas where the bureaucrats haven't got their hooks into yet although it isn't for want of trying.... boat licensing, ridiculous drink-boating legislation etc round the corner and pandering to Europe by raping the derogation on marine diesel... but still lots of space with no speed limit! Rigid inflatable - glass fibre and hypalon fabric hole in the water into which you throw money

jointventure008yh5.jpg

I'm spotting a theme here... :D

Better than spending it on kitchens and kids though! :rolleyes:

Edited by alexm

Oh I see I have not contributed here yet!

My hobbes go through 9 month cycles, I will list them with approxmate total spent on them in the last few years:

Currently:

Photography -- £1,800

Shooting -- £900

Airsoft -- £700

Model railways -- £300

Computers -- £900

Car --- £3,800

Guitars -- £500

That's about £8,900. And I have been a student for the last 5 years..... crickey no wonder I am always skint!

2) Performance cars - getting harder and harder to enjoy these days with all the anti-car/speeding hysteria but occasional track days get it out of the system! M3 CSL (in avatar) - Steel and carbon fibre box into which you throw money

Blimey, don't reckon I'd have much space for points with that motor :lol:

My other hobbies are:

My vintage car collection (i have one now :lol: ) Alfa Romeo GT 1300 junior with a 1600 engine, total original rebuild car (i use it on the circuit sometimes in recreational races at Zandvoort)

Rugby (if teams want to come over and play in the Netherlands please contact me)

Collecting old shooting and hunting books (nice to read how it was done in the old days :devil: )

Fishing

Not so much hobbies, but I like most things mechanical or with an engine. Love doing bits to the car. Have a had a few motorbikes, but hung up my leathers for the time being after seeing a few nasty accidents that put me off.

Also interested in electronics and computers, but that latter only when the mood takes me as I spend all day working with them.

Generally like being outside walking the dog.