Military Christmas tradition

Zapp

I remember being in training when we went for christmas dinner, cans of beer on the tables along with those round containers you used to get with 100? cigarettes in placed between every 6 people, it was all going well until someone threw something (a Staff Sgt) and then all hell broke out, i have never seen so much food thrown in such a short time, never had another food fight in all my time in.

22 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

I remember being in training when we went for christmas dinner, cans of beer on the tables along with those round containers you used to get with 100? cigarettes in placed between every 6 people, it was all going well until someone threw something (a Staff Sgt) and then all hell broke out, i have never seen so much food thrown in such a short time, never had another food fight in all my time in.

I have A1 intelligence that a half Colonel cast the first sprout on this occasion.  My son didn't realise he still had half a slice of cake stuck to his head until he tried to put his beret back on.

I must have been in a civilized corps then :)

I remember some blanks being fired and an urn of some strong "coffee" being dished out on Christmas Morning before going off to our troop SGT's pad for Christmas Dinner and lots to drink.

I was on Guard the next day and the duty driver picked me up early the next morning from the SGT's place - I thanked him by decorating the rover 🤢 - then went to the block and promptly fell asleep - they came and got me but I was stood down for 12 hours because I was so drunk!!!

I got the duty driver a crate of Grolsch to make up for him having to clean up after me

Woken by the senior rats (rates) at zero eight dubz, cuppa tea in bed, brekkie.

Lunch if out on patrol etc was varied, but first time I was in a food fight was in Columbo, Sri Lanka, on the flight deck with a grouper as the fish course, and the rest traditional. The booty officer kicked off big style and stopped it in its tracks telling them to serve the locals their food and sending them back to their messdeck. Most of the dockies and locals lived hand to mouth and they had been told not to but disobeyed.

On 03/12/2021 at 12:06, Lloyd90 said:

Some idiot will be along to criticise them at some point no doubt! I do think they'd be better off leaving their phones locked away when having fun  

100% on both counts, the latter being more accurate for so many things.....been there thrown that. Now serve them the food to launch all over the shop 5 seconds later 🤣