Hereford bull...

gamekeeper1960

1 hour ago, bottletopbill said:

I should have guessed you would have tried it could it be standing in straw or something else. 

Sounds like a plan for maybe another day..but I like your thinking..😉

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

hereford will have a white swish to its tail............love the work:good:

Hi Dictchy, it certainly will mate...👍

16 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Beef bull so no ring.  Would be classed as a well grown bullock up here.  Really is the business. I would love to see the guys face when he receives it.

Thank you ..I will certainly take some photos when I hand it over and make sure I post them on here....

20220104_201428.jpg.a00f532fb84531b7d74a2ff46656e412.jpg20220104_193710.jpg.9e3bb31bfe24245d0e35a01cbcfa9ee5.jpgAs I said at the beginning of this project this is the first bull I've ever tried to carve and although I'm very happy with how it's gone there are things you learn as you go and I've also taken on board what folks have said, so before I deliver this on I've started on number 2 just for the heck of it (and while waiting for varnish to dry)

I've decided to make this one shorter in the body so to make it look heavier in the neck, and also given more breathe to the nose....ah well here we go again.....

DB.....

Edited by gamekeeper1960

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

That looks better already just by being shorter in the "body" it looks more powerful and stocky.

Wish I had your talent.

Thanks Tightchokes it's the look I was looking for starters but sometimes it's a journey that take you all over the place.   ...and I could say how do you know you don't...😏