Putin announces 'military operation' in Ukraine.

Dave-G

2 hours ago, Mungler said:

I fully expect Russia to throttle / cut off gas supply to Europe as a result of the conflict - it’s their best card

Think about it, its really not. Its an excellent revenue stream, its also not good business practice to suspend services within contract, makes you look... Untrustworthy 😂

It's continued supply, and purchase also does an excellent job of causing division within the EU, why would you give THAT card up? 

It's not the stopping of the gas supply that they're after, it's the threat of it stopping. 

3 hours ago, Mungler said:

Russia cite seemingly never ending maintenance and everyone else connected to the pipe and it’s maintenance citing Russian BS.

You believe who you want to believe, right

Personally, I don't believe any of them, but we have established that annual maintenance, is a thing, and that turbine is still in Germany {for whatever reason} yet media reports seem to suggest the gas stops  flowing at the whim of vlad, every time he has a funny turn? 

When one statement is known to be untrue, I tend to question all of them. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

You actually believed that? 😆😆😆

In order to appear whiter than white, Russia removed it troops from their positions around the power station for the IEA visit, Kiev chose this time to cross the river and try to put it's troops onto the site with the idea of claiming they are in control of the site and it is the Russians shelling the plant, not the Ukranians.

The BBC and MSM would then have been able to point out the 'facts' that it is Russia shelling the power station, not Ukraine who have been trying to cause another Chernobyl.

For any one who thinks Russia has been shelling the plant.... due to the River Dnyper being 2 miles wide at this point, there is no way the Russians can shell their own position as all their shells are aimed over the river into the Ukrainian held territory.

The incursion failed and latest is that the Ukranian shelling if the nuclear power plant has resumed.

36 minutes ago, Stonepark said:

In order to appear whiter than white, Russia removed it troops from their positions around the power station for the IEA visit, Kiev chose this time to cross the river and try to put it's troops onto the site with the idea of claiming they are in control of the site and it is the Russians shelling the plant, not the Ukranians.

The BBC and MSM would then have been able to point out the 'facts' that it is Russia shelling the power station, not Ukraine who have been trying to cause another Chernobyl.

For any one who thinks Russia has been shelling the plant.... due to the River Dnyper being 2 miles wide at this point, there is no way the Russians can shell their own position as all their shells are aimed over the river into the Ukrainian held territory.

The incursion failed and latest is that the Ukranian shelling if the nuclear power plant has resumed.

Oh my word, you are so far down that rabbit hole.

11 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Oh my word, you are so far down that rabbit hole.

I'm not going to comment on the commando raid thing, Eastern media says it happened, western media is silent. 

However what is very easily provable, is the direction of artillery fire on the station, NATO  could easily show who is firing, and from where, yet they don't? 

4 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I'm not going to comment on the commando raid thing, Eastern media says it happened, western media is silent. 

However what is very easily provable, is the direction of artillery fire on the station, NATO  could easily show who is firing, and from where, yet they don't? 

What’s the point? NATO prove direction of artillery fire, Russia denies it and you and Stonepark jump in and support how plausible Russia’s denial is 😆

Stonepark starts ‘in order to be whiter than white, Russia….’

Man that is next level crazy. Where would or could I even be bothered to start. 

And as for the alleged commando raid - that’s Keystone levels of hilarity. 

At least there’s fresh eyes in the nuclear station now…

31 minutes ago, Mungler said:

What’s the point? NATO prove direction of artillery fire, Russia denies it and you and Stonepark jump in and support how plausible Russia’s denial is 😆

That's quite funny when you think about it. 

Russia denies it, and me and Stone Park jump in? Why would that bother you? 

Why don't NATO prove its Russia firing? 

Because they can't. 

34 minutes ago, Mungler said:

There is, and what a kerfuffle that's caused, and not in the way you think. 

Zelensky expected them to condemn Russian occupation of the plant, tell them to get out ect, but apart from a minor whinge about integrity, they have said there is no risk at this time, but they're leaving a contingent behind, now he can't shell the plant   and has got rather annoyed! 

He has branded the visit a complete waste of time. 

2 hours ago, Mungler said:

Stonepark starts ‘in order to be whiter than white, Russia….’

Man that is next level crazy. Where would or could I even be bothered to start. 

And as for the alleged commando raid - that’s Keystone levels of hilarity. 

Mungler,

As per the below map showing the area around the Nuclear Power station, Russia is maninly using garrison troops in this area who are tasked with ongoing search and destroy of Ukrainian comandos and recon teams.

Russia has said it has no heavy equipment in place around the nuclear plant (which is probably an exaggeration as they would need heay anti air asssets to provide protection from Ukrainian Missles) but does have a lot of troops providing security (and no doubt tanks and APC's to go with them). Moving these out and/or back makes sense for the IAEA visit as it shows the Russians in complete control.

It's interesting that say the "Heroes of Telemark" film based on actual real events was exactly this type of operation, send a heavy armed commando team in to raid/ destroy take over as required. It will be interesting to know from the commandoes the Russians have captured what their orders were.

if at worst case (and so far Zelensky is going down this line) they were on a sabotage mission, rather than take over mission as prevosly hinted, you are literally condoning a nuclear meltdown.

Standard doctorine for Russia, the USA or the UK etc is to treat an attack on a civilian power station resulting in a release of radiation as a nuclear strike, and to retaliate as such... Lights out Kiev.....

Latest report from front is that the IAEA inspectors are happy with the site and the Russian operation of it and other than damage inflicted by shelling from Ukraine see no reason to be concerned.

I would repectfully suggest that you stop living in the 'Matrix', take the red pill and look around you.

NPS.jpg

Ukranian losses are significant (in cases exceeding 100% of what they started with) and if it wasn't for the West sending them everything they had spare, the war would have been over by now.

In total, since the beginning of the special military operation, confirmed Ukranian losses are:

283 aircraft,

151 helicopters,

1864 unmanned aerial vehicles,

372 anti-aircraft missile systems,

4711 tanks and other armored combat vehicles,

823 combat vehicles of multiple launch rocket systems,

3364 field artillery guns and mortars,

5217 units of armoured military vehicles.

Graphic below shows the start position in February...... Before the West's donations....

9403BA1A-B628-4D62-8CF5-2BD6F66D0AA1_w780_r0.png

Edited by Stonepark

13 minutes ago, Stonepark said:

Ukranian losses are significant (in cases exceeding 100% of what they started with) and if it wasn't for the West sending them everything they had spare, the war would have been over by now.

In total, since the beginning of the special military operation, confirmed Ukranian losses are:

283 aircraft,

151 helicopters,

Graphic below shows the start position in February...... Before the West's donations....

munglers going to love this ukraine losing oh dear lol 

29 minutes ago, Stonepark said:

283 aircraft,

151 helicopters,

You can cut and paste whatever you like, but when you reference Russia looking whiter than white or (as above) reference equipment losses before Russia's "special military operation" we know you are totally bias.

Have a look at this, and get some balance back:

5 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Got to agree. What it added to the debate is beyond me.

It's so odd.

It doesn't take a genius to look at a map of the whole of Russia and one of Ukraine to know that Ukraine is dwarfed on every level - it's a miracle they have held on so far and have done so with significant grit and against all the odds.

But to glee in any loss or set back sustained by an invaded country, a country which the UK has chosen to support, and to root for the aggressor - that's just plain mental. Mind you, he's in established company 🙂

Edited by Mungler

24 minutes ago, Mungler said:

You can cut and paste whatever you like, but when you reference Russia looking whiter than white or (as above) reference equipment losses before Russia's "special military operation" we know you are totally bias.

Have a look at this, and get some balance back:

It's so odd.

It doesn't take a genius to look at a map of the whole of Russia and one of Ukraine to know that Ukraine is dwarfed on every level - it's a miracle they have held on so far and have done so with significant grit and against all the odds.

But to glee in any loss or set back sustained by an invaded country, a country which the UK has chosen to support, and to root for the aggressor - that's just plain mental. Mind you, he's in established company 🙂

Again putting words in people's mouths, insulting them and inferring feelings and intentions without any evidence.

The twitter account https://twitter.com/Flash43191300 is not exactly an unbiased source of information is it ? 😆
Its like asking the kremlin for their unbiased view !
But like Ive said repeatedly (but it doesnt sink in) the direction of fire is easily proved using counter battery radars , AWACS and the like, or we could just see how one missile is sticking out the ground and make our minds up from that ?

I mean , we can sit and state the obvious about this all day long, but what it comes down to , is that without NATO help, this whole thing would be long over.
Im not saying thats the desirable outcome from most perspectives, but I would imagine theres an awful lot of Ukrainians dead and alive , who would have preferred it that way.

This war will be over when NATO decides its over, its pointless even discussing how it will finish when Russia just 'gives up' .When the supply of weapons and ammunition stops , and more importantly, money, the Ukrainian war machine will grind to a halt, its a harsh reality, but its unfortunately true.

You will see the political aspects beginning shortly, that will herald the end, if you look closely enough , unblinkered, you can see them now.
The media will disengage, and after we have lost interest , Zelensky and his top staff will either melt away , or meet unfortunate demises.
I believe , just in time to head off the massive discontent of winter, the weapons will slow to a trickle, as secret negotiations with Russia go ahead.
Gas will throttle back up , and Nordstream 2 will be back in the headlines.

You will be surprised how quickly you forget about Ukraine.

3 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

The twitter account https://twitter.com/Flash43191300 is not exactly an unbiased source of information is it ? 😆
Its like asking the kremlin for their unbiased view !
But like Ive said repeatedly (but it doesnt sink in) the direction of fire is easily proved using counter battery radars , AWACS and the like, or we could just see how one missile is sticking out the ground and make our minds up from that ?

I mean , we can sit and state the obvious about this all day long, but what it comes down to , is that without NATO help, this whole thing would be long over.
Im not saying thats the desirable outcome from most perspectives, but I would imagine theres an awful lot of Ukrainians dead and alive , who would have preferred it that way.

This war will be over when NATO decides its over, its pointless even discussing how it will finish when Russia just 'gives up' .When the supply of weapons and ammunition stops , and more importantly, money, the Ukrainian war machine will grind to a halt, its a harsh reality, but its unfortunately true.

You will see the political aspects beginning shortly, that will herald the end, if you look closely enough , unblinkered, you can see them now.
The media will disengage, and after we have lost interest , Zelensky and his top staff will either melt away , or meet unfortunate demises.
I believe , just in time to head off the massive discontent of winter, the weapons will slow to a trickle, as secret negotiations with Russia go ahead.
Gas will throttle back up , and Nordstream 2 will be back in the headlines.

You will be surprised how quickly you forget about Ukraine.

"What’s the point? NATO prove direction of artillery fire, Russia denies it and you and Stonepark jump in and support how plausible Russia’s denial is 😆"

So, we have video footage and a..... ah what's the point?

38 minutes ago, Mungler said:

So, we have video footage and a..... ah what's the point?

Ive seen the footage, is that all you need for conclusive proof that its Russia shelling themselves, so they can blame Ukraine, but nobody will believe them ?
Because in that case, I have some magic beans for you ( Theyre Ukrainian ,so theyre definitely magic :lol: )

I wonder why the Russkies have stopped shelling themselves, they could have said the Ukrainians are endangering the power station AND the IAEA team too ?
Or is that too much doublethink for you ?

Edited by Rewulf

54 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Ive seen the footage, is that all you need for conclusive proof that its Russia shelling themselves, so they can blame Ukraine, but nobody will believe them ?
Because in that case, I have some magic beans for you ( Theyre Ukrainian ,so theyre definitely magic :lol: )

I wonder why the Russkies have stopped shelling themselves, they could have said the Ukrainians are endangering the power station AND the IAEA team too ?
Or is that too much doublethink for you ?

Seriously? Lets look at the "evidence" to hand and deal with what is shown in that video, not what you think or wish to speculate on.

But pfffft what is the point? We actually have a smoking gun...

3 hours ago, Stonepark said:

Again putting words in people's mouths, insulting them and inferring feelings and intentions without any evidence.

that’s the norm for some rather than ask the intent motive or meaning just insult funny how the room has never ever asked me to stop reading out anyones comments bar one person and there are thousands of threads so quite an achievement really