Wellies!

Ferret Master

Hi,

I would hazard a guess that I'm not the only PW member that has been a few places in their wellington boots where they wouldn't be traditionally expected?

My Hunter's have been on outings to the shops when some milk was needed on the way home from shooting, been on a wander around Sainsbury's on more than one occasion and only earlier after we had been fishing me and my friend walked through the centre of town to get fish and chips for tea (my Dad wouldn't get out the car because he had glasses on, still looking out for his street cred at 52) . :lol: Picture the scene, two teenagers walking through the centre of a town on a Friday night wearing muddy wellies and jackets covered in fish slime to go and get a takeaway, funny to say the least. 'They're wearing wellies innit.' 'Don't innit at me.' :yp: 'Actually mine are riding boots.'

Come on guys and girls, fess up! Who has worn wellies outside the traditional boundaries? :exclamation: Or it just me? :good:

FM :good:

I try not to wear wellies... Ever since wearing those dodgy Dunlops as a child, I have hated them. But, before anyone say anything, I _know_ wellie technology has moved on a lot since the 80's, but I just can't stand them. Luckily, my boots are goretex lined, so they are pretty dry.

Just to add, my GF and I walked to Tesco last night at 10pm to pick up a reserve bottle of wine and she was wearing her blue Hunters. no one blinked.

One Winter I was working on a project that had me based in Berkley Square House, London.

As it was wet and slushy weather I wore wellingtons to work on the train and kept a pair of shoes in the office to change into.

I put the wellingtons back on whenever I left the office, even at lunchtime.

One Winter I was working on a project that had me based in Berkley Square House, London.

As it was wet and slushy weather I wore wellingtons to work on the train and kept a pair of shoes in the office to change into.

I put the wellingtons back on whenever I left the office, even at lunchtime.

WOW, you are just like so crazy and out there :good:

I shed a tear when I put a heel through my 20yr old Royal Hunters the last time I tried to put them on, Id had them restudded 3 times in their lives.

They had survived everything from puppies to barbed wire and just expired due to old age, I wanted to keep the good one in case the other one of the new pair went the same way ;) But I will probably expire before these do and Mrs D said she was fed up with me hording (she doesnt understand the shed way of thinking). But ive tucked it away just in case... oneday :lol:

It suprises me when alot of people tell me they have never owned a pair of wellies, young people seem to wear trainers just about anywhere and everywhere.

:yes: D2D