Threats from the EU

Walker570

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, oowee said:

I have the same with a refugee that has two cats that wants to come here but being blocked again by UK plc. 

I thought that England and Wales had set up a process for home quarantine whereas Wales hasn't. This was all over the press last week as some refugees were told it was OK to bring their cat and when they arrived and said they were going to be housed in Wales they got the news that the cat would have to go through full quarantine.

Found this - seems like there are others now

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-61530935

53 minutes ago, discobob said:

I thought that England and Wales had set up a process for home quarantine whereas Wales hasn't. This was all over the press last week as some refugees were told it was OK to bring their cat and when they arrived and said they were going to be housed in Wales they got the news that the cat would have to go through full quarantine.

Found this - seems like there are others now

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-61530935

I had missed this article. The issue we have is trying to get a definitive statement on the process from the Animal and Plant Health Agency. The cats have been out of Ukraine now for a few weeks so effectively quarantined.

Going back to the start of the thread  and the threats....

I suspect that the Brussels EU contingent are fearful that the UK being outside of the trading bloc and still doing OK might encourage other countries to consider doing the same - turkeys don't vote for Christmas do they? 

2 hours ago, Cosmicblue said:

I suspect that the Brussels EU contingent are fearful that the UK being outside of the trading bloc and still doing OK might encourage other countries to consider doing the same - turkeys don't vote for Christmas do they? 

My thoughts too, make it look as grim as possible.

4 hours ago, Cosmicblue said:

Exactly that. 

Not to mention, if the EU is so brilliant, why are they afraid our goods might come across the border. 

Once all is said and done, NI is just as much a part of the UK as Wales, Scotland or England, the UK is not putting a hard border in and if the EU don't like it, its a problem for Ireland and the EU, not ours, perhaps Ireland should leave to. But whatever happens or is decided, NI should not be being treated differently to the rest of us.