Pitbull skull head shaver ?.

samboy

Hi gang.

I was thinking of getting one of these but my mate has one and said after 4/5 shaves it is useless.

Don't want to waste £100 plus so has anyone got one and if so what do you reckon on them ?.

Thanks all.

Who, I wonder, is the target market for this implement, based on the branding?  A quick look at the website makes clear who they think will buy it…

To answer the question, it’s heavily discounted both on Amazon and it’s own website, suggesting it’s a volume product that doesn’t typically offer any confidence in the quality. 

2 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Wahl clippers with the carbon steel blades are good. Avoid stainless steel blades. They don't stay sharp.

These ^^^^ a spot of oil now and again and they are good to go. 5 years on and not had to have them sharpened. 

Not as easy to do the clipping as you might think. I still struggle to get the legs looking smart but dog has not complained yet. :lol:

16 minutes ago, oowee said:

These ^^^^ a spot of oil now and again and they are good to go. 5 years on and not had to have them sharpened. 

Not as easy to do the clipping as you might think. I still struggle to get the legs looking smart but dog has not complained yet. :lol:

I use a No.4 skip tooth blade on the body and ears and legs. A No.10 blade on the feet, face and under the tail. Curved scissors on the top of the head. I leave it longer in Winter. Youtube has lots of videos on dog clipping. I clip our springer as well.

You would probably want a No.15 blade to shave with. 

20220316_145947.jpg

20220208_160421.jpg

Edited by loriusgarrulus

3 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

I use a No.4 skip tooth blade on the body and ears and legs. A No.10 blade on the feet, face and under the tail. Curved scissors on the top of the head. I leave it longer in Winter. Youtube has lots of videos on dog clipping. I clip our springer as well.

20220316_145947.jpg

Skip tooth blade? Will that blend short to long hair? 

14 minutes ago, oowee said:

Skip tooth blade? Will that blend short to long hair? 

Not really it is just easier to cut with than the No. 4 fine tooth blade. The best way of blending hair is to use thinning scissors with the teeth. I do our springers tail feathering with them so they have a more blended finish to the edge.

Found this about skip tooth blades.

Skip Tooth Blade

Leaves the same length of hair but has alternative short and long teeth

Designed to leave a more textured, rough finish

Can go through coarser coats easier

Great to use on matted coats (you will find using a skip tooth will not blunt your blade as quickly)

Edited by loriusgarrulus