Teal

Salmo

10 minutes ago, Salmo said:

Just had our first duck flight of the year on an inland pond and what an amount of teal around , ducks in general are doing well but the teal numbers are way above last year 

been reported down here and on the suffolk coast......waders and coastal fowl have had the best year ever.............the worry is bird flu is just up the coast and hitting travellling seagulls............

8 hours ago, ditchman said:

been reported down here and on the suffolk coast......waders and coastal fowl have had the best year ever.............the worry is bird flu is just up the coast and hitting travellling seagulls............

I believe that bird flue is everywhere already ……everywhere I have been I have seen dead or sick looking birds ,most don’t seem to be reported and even fewer are getting tested.

only when a positive test is reported is an area said to be affected ,it’s world wide already.

9 hours ago, ditchman said:

Only this last week there were two confirmed cases in Norfolk where all the Chickens and fowl were culled , I am down the marsh everyday and touch wood haven't seen anything out of the ordinary with any sick or dying fowl in the dykes .

10 hours ago, Salmo said:

Just had our first duck flight of the year on an inland pond and what an amount of teal around , ducks in general are doing well but the teal numbers are way above last year 

Haven't been near any ponds lately but I have been told we have got a lot of duck on one of our main ponds that we use for a duck drive , these are all wild and we do have a lot of Teal along with other species of duck .

Your pond might be holding a lot of Teal due to the right depth of water in it , I had a good flight pond and the years when there was only minimum amount of water in it the pond was full of Teal , if the water was deep then it was mainly Mallard . Glad you enjoyed your first duck flight .     MM

2 hours ago, holloway said:

I believe that bird flue is everywhere already ……everywhere I have been I have seen dead or sick looking birds ,most don’t seem to be reported and even fewer are getting tested.

only when a positive test is reported is an area said to be affected ,it’s world wide already.

Are you reporting them?

58 minutes ago, kevinw said:

Your very lucky. My ponds empty of water 😢

For all those who relied on rain water would be in the same boat ( excuse the pun ) and the marshes are also as dry as a bone , not a sign of a splash , next week will be the first of Oct so it will be the first month over and I haven't hardly heard a shot . 

• 1 month later...