Badges

30-6

20 minutes ago, 8 shot said:

But did absolutly nothing.....

The mistake the organisers made was agreeing to hold the events on a Sunday to cause minimum disruption. We should have gone during the working week, no more than two people per 4x4 or tractor and closed London down. And kept going every week. Just like the French farmers have been known to do.

5 hours ago, ditchman said:

you are quite right............but the one thing i was proud of was the total surprise of the london authorities of 

1. we left virtually no litter
  2. so few police were needed..(if at all)

In a way we had two enjoyable days out , our boss covered all the expenses with the coach travel and it made a change to let someone else do the driving , on arriving in London we walked a route we had never seen before , along the enbankment , and over the bridge to Hyde park , this was the only ( rubbish ) I saw was a huge pile of placards that would had made good bonfire .

One ole boy who came with us who you would most likely to know ( Tom Flatt ) went on a diet for a few weeks prior to the march so he could still get into his army uniform from the second world war , he changed his clothes on the couch and it fitted a treat , now that's dedication for you :good:

4 minutes ago, marsh man said:

In a way we had two enjoyable days out , our boss covered all the expenses with the coach travel and it made a change to let someone else do the driving , on arriving in London we walked a route we had never seen before , along the enbankment , and over the bridge to Hyde park , this was the only ( rubbish ) I saw was a huge pile of placards that would had made good bonfire .

One ole boy who came with us who you would most likely to know ( Tom Flatt ) went on a diet for a few weeks prior to the march so he could still get into his army uniform from the second world war , he changed his clothes on the couch and it fitted a treat , now that's dedication for you :good:

:lol:  know tom flatt very well....when he was the factor on the somerleyton estate he rented a house to my mother-in law...and often dropped off little "goodies" for her and my wife

last saw tom flatt about 20 years ago when he...regaled us of his exploits in the army when he was a major in the medical corps.....believe he had madcap spaniels