England

Gordon R

Just watched the mediocre quarter final. Refereeing was abysmal, but we weren't much better. 

What Jordan Henderson was doing on the field is beyond me. Headless chicken, running around claiming he hadn't committed a foul, when the world and his wife could see it. 9/10 of his passes go backwards and his distribution is poor. Southgate masterstroke - stick Grealish on with one minute to go, albeit because of Stones' injury. 

Probably the right result. I was pleased for Olivier Giroud. Written off, four years ago, by Arsenal and scoring for fun.

14 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Just watched the mediocre quarter final. Refereeing was abysmal, but we weren't much better. 

What Jordan Henderson was doing on the field is beyond me. Headless chicken, running around claiming he hadn't committed a foul, when the world and his wife could see it. 9/10 of his passes go backwards and his distribution is poor. Southgate masterstroke - stick Grealish on with one minute to go, albeit because of Stones' injury. 

Probably the right result. I was pleased for Olivier Giroud. Written off, four years ago, by Arsenal and scoring for fun.

The one I couldn't fathom was taking Saka off for Stirling. Saka was the brightest spark by far; the one player who'd constantly turned the French defence. Whereas Stirling came on and barely did anything except overhit a couple of crosses. He only landed in Qatar yesterday after what must have been a few unpleasant days back home. There's no way his head was clear enough to play in a cauldron of a World Cup Quarter. Baffling

2 hours ago, Robden said:

Why Kane??  He plays and practises with the French keeper. I think Lloris got into Kane's head.

Shouldn't have to taken the 2nd pen. But. Or his fault.ahoils have been 3 or 4 penalties, some of the rec decisions were awful, England out played France alot but didn't get the ball into the goal, simple as that I'm afraid.. mbappe the 'best' player in the world was in walkers pocket for most of the game. But that's football, you have to score your chances and france did.

Untill england players learn to "stay on their feet" it wont be coming home......lol

...tournaments are not the premier league where you fall over a daisy fling your arms in the air and get a free kick.....its clear the refs from other countries/league's do not fall for it.....example being saka complaining along with others about a poss foul and in the next 45 secs no one tackled the french players plenty of time passed to stop the attack....

The falling over with a massive scream that is the premier league has a lot to answer for......cut out the "clever play/ plain play acting/cheating ........

4 hours ago, millrace said:

Untill england players learn to "stay on their feet" it wont be coming home......lol

...tournaments are not the premier league where you fall over a daisy fling your arms in the air and get a free kick.....its clear the refs from other countries/league's do not fall for it.....example being saka complaining along with others about a poss foul and in the next 45 secs no one tackled the french players plenty of time passed to stop the attack....

The falling over with a massive scream that is the premier league has a lot to answer for......cut out the "clever play/ plain play acting/cheating ........

Not watched much football from La Liga, Ligue 1 or Serie A then, have you? If you think we're bad, try watching a few league matches from Spain or France!

46 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Not watched much football from La Liga, Ligue 1 or Serie A then, have you? If you think we're bad, try watching a few league matches from Spain or France!

So keep blaming the ref or this or that....the difference is the refs from the rest if the world dont buy it....last nites ref was Brazilian and they get stuck in and get on....its always the ref is poor the ref refs it the way they do in their own countries.....and im sorry but the level of play acting in football is criminal bordering a joke.....the replays show what a con it has become!!.....sorry clever play.....

1 hour ago, millrace said:

So keep blaming the ref or this or that....the difference is the refs from the rest if the world dont buy it....last nites ref was Brazilian and they get stuck in and get on....its always the ref is poor the ref refs it the way they do in their own countries.....and im sorry but the level of play acting in football is criminal bordering a joke.....the replays show what a con it has become!!.....sorry clever play.....

I don't think ANY of the England players play acted last night, clearly watching a different game to you.