Best food for a Lab pup 9 weeks onwards?

nabbers

52 minutes ago, nabbers said:

As title really....Best food for a Lab pup 9 weeks onwards?    Currently on Chuddley Puppy dry food, made into mash with boiling water, served when cooled.   

Stick to what the breeder has been giving and make any changes very slowly. 

Everyone will tell you the best is what they use ... but it's mostly down to what suits your dog as an individual. 

Therefore no one can tell you what will be 'best' for your dog. 

as above keep him/her on what the breeder was giving the pup and gradually change to whatever is available in your area and what suits the dog i personally feed my lab acana its a canadian dry food started with puppy food then changed to wild prairie  now on acana senior   she is 9 and looking good and healthy i found 1 cup a day was enough 

3 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Stick to what the breeder has been giving and make any changes very slowly. 

Everyone will tell you the best is what they use ... but it's mostly down to what suits your dog as an individual. 

Therefore no one can tell you what will be 'best' for your dog. 

Agree with this but as the pup grows you may need to rethink. My last but one pup was on Eukanuba and I duly bought a sack. I noticed after a few weeks he was scratching a lot so tried the usual changes of bedding, worming, flea treatment etc. Nothing worked so tried a few different foods settling on Harrington’s Puppy. Stopped scratching within a few days and never looked back. That’s all I use with pups now but doubtless will get one it does not suit.

As others have said you will get as many answers as there are foods but hopefully this demonstrate# that not all foods suit all pups. You have to just see how your pup does on any particular food. Just don’t assume expensive means good as Harrington’s prove.