Farmfoods offer

harrycatcat1

Reminds me of one of the ghillies at the junction beat in Kelso. Ghillie and angler preparing to go into boat, when the angler said, " somethings on fire in the toon" pointing at a big plume of smoke rising up from somewhere in the toon. They just got settled into boat when the ghillies phone rang, ***** yer hoose is on fire!  His flat in the toon was well ablaze, he had put on his slow cooker to make a stew for his evening meal before setting off to work. The fire brigade blamed the slow cooker. Put me off getting one.

3 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

Reminds me of one of the ghillies at the junction beat in Kelso. Ghillie and angler preparing to go into boat, when the angler said, " somethings on fire in the toon" pointing at a big plume of smoke rising up from somewhere in the toon. They just got settled into boat when the ghillies phone rang, ***** yer hoose is on fire!  His flat in the toon was well ablaze, he had put on his slow cooker to make a stew for his evening meal before setting off to work. The fire brigade blamed the slow cooker. Put me off getting one.

I had one previously. Food always burned around the edges, waste of a big pot of food. 

11 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

You got a washing machine though, right? 

Yup I love slow  cooker. It's only a small one, but with the two of us it's perfect. The small drifting through the hours for hours is both tantalising and frustrating though! Makes you want dinner right then. At four in the afternoon when it's not even ready!

Edited by chrisjpainter

2 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

You got a washing machine though, right? 

Yup I love slow  cooker. It's only a small one, but with the two of us it's perfect. The small drifting through the hours for hours is both tantalising and frustrating though! Makes you want dinner right then. At four in the afternoon when it's not even ready!

You have lost me there?

As said our bottom cooker can be used for a slow cook and I just use a braising dish with a lid and to further help the 'steaming' and retain fluid I simply stretch a double layer of tinfoil over the whole pot and then put the lid on that.  Do not have to use it for long cooks but the pheasant on Sunday was in there on low four five hours and was delicious.  It would easily have gone for another four or five woth no detriment.

Edited by Walker570